Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Z has been a pain in the

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
rlw222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had probs with the seats in the Z. After about 1 hr driving ang leg would get numb. I'm also fat but the seats were comfy just made my left leg go .
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
SchismX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
rude ppl in here ftl
+1
Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
maximariceboi

Originally Posted by zcoupe
they are the same seat with just different fabric covering them. i have cloth seats and drove 1300 miles several times in them and never had that problem maybe you need a chiropractor. as to your 99 maxima being faster than your z? well thats an obvious answer to that you definately have way more money invested in your max than your z because stock for stock the z is gonna blow all 4 doors off your max
yea i know they are the same seats. There is nothing wrong with my back lol. its the damn seats everytime i sit in there driving for 2hrs to philly. I've been in other bucket seats like rsx and evo's....nothing wrong with them..

yea well ive own the maxima for awhile...ive built it and yea..its obvious there is way more money invested. you can't compare with a 1999 stock vq30 to a 2004 350z...lol. you would need to compare it to a 2003 maxima 6spd. you would be surprise what maxima's can do. i actually like my maxima more than the Z...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 AM
sir captian

Your height isnt the issue it your girth.I have a friend who is a little overweight and when he rides in my car he looks a little constricted.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
yea i know they are the same seats. There is nothing wrong with my back lol. its the damn seats everytime i sit in there driving for 2hrs to philly. I've been in other bucket seats like rsx and evo's....nothing wrong with them..

yea well ive own the maxima for awhile...ive built it and yea..its obvious there is way more money invested. you can't compare with a 1999 stock vq30 to a 2004 350z...lol. you would need to compare it to a 2003 maxima 6spd. you would be surprise what maxima's can do. i actually like my maxima more than the Z...
you find the rsx seats more comfortable? thats weird! i know the rsx has recaro seats in it but i find my z seats more comfortable. I actually traded my rsx in to get my 350z. there wasnt enough padding on the rsx seat for me. im kinda skinny so i guess what you would call my @ss bones would hurt after sitting in it for a while lol
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

wow... some of you guys are tools

Good luck
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
madpanda

Wow kudos to the op for being a good sport, but I have to agree with some members that dropping some weight may be your only viable long term option, or trading in your Z.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Blck350z

Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Blck350z
really nice seat but something tells me if he isnt fitting in the stock seat that this seat might be an issue as well
Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
maximariceboi

you find the rsx seats more comfortable? thats weird! i know the rsx has recaro seats in it but i find my z seats more comfortable. I actually traded my rsx in to get my 350z. there wasnt enough padding on the rsx seat for me. im kinda skinny so i guess what you would call my @ss bones would hurt after sitting in it for a while lol
yea...lol. or maybe its just my seats...

I've been in a 350z touring..no problems with that! Well, I guess this gives me a reason to change my seats later in the future lol. But my car is at the body shop. I was trying to sell this for a e46 m3...damnit...
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
yea...lol. or maybe its just my seats...

I've been in a 350z touring..no problems with that! Well, I guess this gives me a reason to change my seats later in the future lol. But my car is at the body shop. I was trying to sell this for a e46 m3...damnit...
lol well my guess is that if you buy a bmw those seats will be very comfy!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM
maximariceboi

lol well my guess is that if you buy a bmw those seats will be very comfy!
yea i know! We'll see what happens. I found one on e46fanatics...the guy was gauging interest but didnt set a price...03 carbon black fully loaded 6spd!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM
ipodhustle

rude ppl in here ftl
+1

who cares if he's a big dude..this is America not Japan.

he'd probably smash you guys if you say that **** to his face.

i bet all you **** talkers like watching football.

this guy is actually an undersized lineman so maybe he needs to gain weight! lol

to the OP do you have cloth seats or leather seats?

my gf's Z has leather seats and they're comfy as hell. maybe go to the local dealership and compare?

but you might be able to find your aftermarket corbeau seats easier than someone trying to sell their OEM leather Z seats.

good luck..and get an LSD for your tranny after you fix your seating situation.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:37 AM
dj.kickz

haha after the comments in this thread i'm a little reluctant to admit this but i'm about the same size as the OP and I don't have any problem fitting in my Z. Maybe it's his height as I'm only 6' even but I've never had any discomfort driving my Z. I actually was very surprised it had so much room in it for a sports car. I've got a touring so maybe it is the leather seats that make the difference.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
aarantes

rude ppl in here ftl
It's the E-thug world they are all perfect and jacked with 6 pack abs
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
vektra

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
haha after the comments in this thread i'm a little reluctant to admit this but i'm about the same size as the OP and I don't have any problem fitting in my Z. Maybe it's his height as I'm only 6' even but I've never had any discomfort driving my Z. I actually was very surprised it had so much room in it for a sports car. I've got a touring so maybe it is the leather seats that make the difference.
Dear God, thank you! this is the kind of info I was looking for when I posted this. And thank you other guys for sticking up for me, I feel better about the intelligence of the 350z community now, I was starting to think it was just full of douchebag trolls.

To answer a few of the last questions my seats are cloth, I'm not a fan of leather seats after my Integra so I never really sought them out when looking for my Z, I did go yesterday to sit in one with leather and it felt fine, that said I drove in many cloth seats in short sitting without a problem either. I have taken 6 hour drives in this car with no problems, it only got bad recently now that the padding in the bolster has warn down.

Sitting in the car overall is quite comfy for a 2 seater sports car, and have gotten may complements on how much room the car has once people sit down. I have a good bit of room and the seats do not hurt my back or sides just my clutch leg, the problem that I see is when my foot is on the dead petal even seat is all the way back on the rails my knee is still bent and my leg has to lean on the bolster, if the bolster was taller I may not even have the problem I do because it would hold my legs in the seat better but than getting out would be a pain lol.

I’m quite aware my weight does make it worse; I know I could stand to lose weight I’m not blind or stupid but the weight is not something I can fix tomorrow so it does not solve the immediate problem but I do think you for pointing out the obvious "solution".

Please correct me if I’m wrong but it seems the 350z seats are 19” width so doing some research I just think a 21” seat would solve my problem, or maybe just one with less aggressive lower bolsters.

thanks for the help so far and maybe I will still wave at fellow Z owners after all
Old 02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
aarantes

Dont worry about it man some people on this forum think they are real tough. If you are up in the Kennesaw/Alpharetta area alot PM me we have a couple of meets and things around here.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Done Deal DR

I don't have any issue with my leg while driving, but I'm 6' 195lbs and consider myself to be in good shape. I have broad shoulders and find that is the most cramped area while driving.

Ultimately, Nissan can only build a seat that will suit the majority of people perfectly and provide support/bolsters for performance type driving to keep you planted. I don't find it a weakness in the seat that Nissan designed, just a sign that everyone's not built the same.

I'm not going to be making any jokes about your size, but when your size/shape is different from 95% of the population, you have to expect a little discomfort here and there. Know what I mean? It goes with the territory...
Old 02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
hirollr69

Default no

I'm 6'8 and i dont have that problem.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
ish06FairladyZ

I'm 6' even and 250lbs and only had that problem when traveling long distances, more than 3 hours of just sitting in any car will make your leg start to fall asleep... other than that its very comfortable

Quick Reply: My Z has been a pain in the