Sponsored by:

My Z has been a pain in the

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 AM
4mula1 Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vektra
Leg

I have a 2006 base 350z, I bought the car about 9 months ago, I’m a big boy 6’4 300lbs, I test drove the car for about 20 minutes and I have driven many others over the course of looking for a Z and I was comfortable. The drive home from the dealer was a 2 hour drive, after I drove it home I found the side of my left leg hurt where it rubs on the bolster, I got used to it after about a week and it did not seem to hurt as much. Now I’m noticing the pain again and I don’t want to deal with it, I noticed there is a metal bar that runs along the side of the seat where the cushion has warn away and I think that’s what my leg is pressing into. I’m just wondering is anyone else has had this problem and would the leather seats be any better? BTW I traded in a WRX for the Z and I absolutely loved those seats, if you know of any aftermarket ones like those that would fit the Z please let me know. Thanks
When I bought my 06 Z with 11K miles, the seat was already in that same condition. I just had the dealer replace the seat under warranty. They had no issues in doing so.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
xxsoloxartistxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about the same size to. I have had the same problem with mine its not that big of a deal driving around town but when I go on longer rides up to about 4 or 5 hours. Overall though the z has plenty of room. Thats why I bought it over other sports cars. And for all of you***holes that think just because someone is over weight they must automatically be a fat slob that loves to go to mcdonalds and devour everything on the menu you are completely wrong and I'm sick and tired of you motha$@#^ers. I eat just like all of my friends and exercise as much as they do and Im almost twice their size, its not my fault I have a slow metabolism. The only reason I posted on this was because I got pissed off at how rude most of you were. Next time keep your opinions to yourself this is suppose to be a site for z enthusiast's to talk to each other about their cars and help each other out not ridicule and criticize people about their weight.