Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan Windshield Banner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by david79
dont listen to what ppl say...the main reason for that banner is to block out the sun...I know we got the sun visors in our car too but sometime it seems like that SOB is coming from all direction. I wouldnt put a banner, but to tint it a bit...but if its looks ur going for then knock urself out. dont join the band wagon on to how ur 350z suppose to look...if you think it looks nice then do it...at the end of the day, she'll be slumbering in ur garage.
Because thin letters block sunlight really well.

Your logic is flawless.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Romz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys continue to crack me up with the rice comments...ricers are considered cars that are made in the Asian community IE the Nissan 350Z is considered a ricer get over yourselves already.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All Asian cars are rice? Wow, so all American cars must be mulletmobiles. Finding a good car is so hard nowadays...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romz350
ricers are considered cars that are made in the Asian community IE the Nissan 350Z is considered a ricer get over yourselves already.
You are going to fit in nicely around here...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Z04

You guys continue to crack me up with the rice comments...ricers are considered cars that are made in the Asian community IE the Nissan 350Z is considered a ricer get over yourselves already.

1. ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 AM
JEKL

This whole thread has cracked me up...people so worried OMG that makes it ricey...in case you didn't know everyone who drives an american muscle car pretty much considers us ricers as the term pertains to those who drive imports.
I think you need to take a hard look at your logic. You do not know the definition of ricer and you can not speak for every muscle car owner.

Now why do people care what other drivers do? We do not want to be associated with a bunch of jacks offs that make their car look stupid.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 AM
diablox1

i could not care less what others do to their own cars. don't give a damn at all. but IMO, to ME, a windshield nissan sticker gives the car an unprofessional, unclean, unclassy look. again, that's just me, my opinion, and my personal taste for my own car.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Spork

You're crack me up with your vast knowledge.

You seem to be confusing "rice-burner" with "ricer."

Z04 has the answer.

Originally Posted by Z04

1. ricer

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 AM
tylerxfire

i dont think letters across the windshield stating the brand of car or anything else is cool by any means and the excuse to block sun does not cut it at all..lmao..

how about a nice clean black tint job across the top of the windshield like i usually do, whch is clean looking and functional and not "rice"..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 AM
tylerxfire

and yeah ricer and rice burner completely different
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
sandthepilot

please dont do it
Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Three Fifty Z

What the hell? Why would you do that? We know that its a ****ing Nissan, we don't need a huge ridiculous decal across your windshield saying what kind of car it is. Why don't you write your name on your forehead?

Seriously, I hate the fact that now almost every kid can get a Z and rice it out, with some gay *** looking wheels, spoilers, neons, stickers and all that ********. Plus the "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" fast and furious attitude, ugh. Every time I see a riced out Z I want to stab its driver.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Spork

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
and yeah ricer and rice burner completely different
I guess American cars should be called fat-burners?

Obesity seems to be what the US is known for.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 AM
illeagle

Do it!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Romz350

Originally Posted by Z04

1. ricer

Since you want to use the Urban dictionary why not use the second definition just below the one you used

2.Ricer
Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain.
Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance

So if you do any mods to your car then you are a ricer according to this definition...and after that there is hundreds of other interpretations on the urdan dictionary because it is peoples opinions of the definition
Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Romz350

Originally Posted by Spork
I guess American cars should be called fat-burners?

Obesity seems to be what the US is known for.
Walk up to a group of Mustang or Camaro drivers and ask them what they consider your car...bet they say ricer.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:59 AM
david79

Originally Posted by Z04

1. ricer

so by this i guess everyone should go FI...dont bother buying those exhaust you love...that sexy sound which is the first place why u bought the dam thing anyways...toss those intakes away guys, forget about originality.. in this world you must all do the same thing to ur car as the next guy...so when you all park side by side in a parking lot you can just admire or hate what the next guy got which you already have on ur car..because all these bolt on you guys have doesnt make your car go any faster...it just makes it rice...even the little air freshener you got in ur vent...take that crap out...it just add weight...
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
jtabraham

I say do it. If someone were to miss where it says Nissan on your front bumper, rear hatch, and on the each of the center caps of your four wheels, this would definitely help them to identify the make of your car.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Romz350

Originally Posted by david79
so by this i guess everyone should go FI...dont bother buying those exhaust you love...that sexy sound which is the first place why u bought the dam thing anyways...toss those intakes away guys, forget about originality.. in this world you must all do the same thing to ur car as the next guy...so when you all park side by side in a parking lot you can just admire or hate what the next guy got which you already have on ur car..because all these bolt on you guys have doesnt make your car go any faster...it just makes it rice...even the little air freshener you got in ur vent...take that crap out...it just add weight...
That's pretty much how these guys feel from what I have read

Quick Reply: Nissan Windshield Banner?