Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New look with ASM/ChargeSpeed/SSR/Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 AM
NismoTuner21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great man! I love that ASM hood... And from the pics those guys do GREAT work
Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM
FORGED DST
Banned

Originally Posted by dspiel@m1autosport
wow that is sex

Seconded. Now if i can only get you on our wheels then its GFG (good fu$%ing game) for anyone.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Silver350zed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the way the skirts pull it together.. I think it's sick. Amazing paint work too! Congrats on a clean ride. I would say maybe more aggressive spoiler or no spoiler at all.... sans spoiler keeps the lines stronger on the car but with that much of a kit it almost needs something to top it off like the cherry top of a sundae
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
KT30

Sell the LMGT4s and get some 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5 Flat black type Fs and post pics!!!

I called SSR about something else, and they recommended the blat black Type F because they have them in stock.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:47 PM
JonnyRod

dammit...makes me want to start over. LOL great choices on parts i'm extremely jealous! haha
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
MASTERGRADE
Banned

Im speechless, so clean
Old 05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
adamtaylorpcb

how much was the ASM Hood? i love it
Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM
RoTors350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by L. Baggins
Sexy *** car!! First black Z that my eyes went

Great Z bro!!

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Car came out nice- I think it would have been a bit better if you went two-tone for some contrast. I'm sure it looks better in person.
Originally Posted by rs90808
that car is f'n beautiful man. good job. MAYBE could have gone with some different sides but thats if i was nit-pickin haha WAY jealous
Originally Posted by rs90808
dammit...makes me want to start over. LOL great choices on parts i'm extremely jealous! haha
Originally Posted by MASTERGRADE
Im speechless, so clean
Originally Posted by dspiel@m1autosport
wow that is sex
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Originally Posted by Driven1
HAHA. I did I did. It was at the show too. Needed a minor touch up on the front lip. It was the blue C6 convertible.

All done now. Should be picking both up this afternoon.
I say this with the utmost respect that can be given to one person, "YOU SUCK WORSE THAN A DYSON"!!!!

First time I saw your ride put together, today. Turned out real nice.

Originally Posted by lgear080
All in all you've got a winner. This car is definitely unique and you've clearly
got impeccable taste. I really want to see the car shot alone in a clean setting
to get a feel for it. The parking lot does not do it justice. The higher end flics
give us just a taste of the total package.

All my best!
Will do on the photos. Been on the market awhile for my first DSLR and will probably order it this week. Reading up on how to take better pics hopefully i won't forget everything I read before the camera gets in. Haven't been able to con anyone into using their camera or camera skills yet

Originally Posted by Eclipseguy12
nice *** ride! post your progress up driven!
Will do on that. Not sure if it's mental or not but from the last set of wheels to the SSRs the driving does seem a bit different.

Originally Posted by NismoTuner21
Car looks great man! I love that ASM hood... And from the pics those guys do GREAT work
Thanks again. ASM has some excellent stuff. Glad I went with them on the front bumper and hood.

Originally Posted by FORGED DST
Seconded. Now if i can only get you on our wheels then its GFG (good fu$%ing game) for anyone.
SURE! Send a set over my way. We'll slap them on take some pics and see how they turn out!

Originally Posted by Silver350zed
I love the way the skirts pull it together.. I think it's sick. Amazing paint work too! Congrats on a clean ride. I would say maybe more aggressive spoiler or no spoiler at all.... sans spoiler keeps the lines stronger on the car but with that much of a kit it almost needs something to top it off like the cherry top of a sundae
I've been giving it some thought to the rear spoiler. Been looking around and trying to narrow them down. Think i found one I like but still not done looking yet.

As too the cherry on top, wouldn't mind having a sweet model resembling Jessica A. drape herself on the ride

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
Those

Rims

Are

SICK!

19" LMGT4's for sale! LOL
Originally Posted by KT30
Sell the LMGT4s and get some 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5 Flat black type Fs and post pics!!!

I called SSR about something else, and they recommended the blat black Type F because they have them in stock.
Good deals to anyone looking for some LMGT4s!!!!

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!! Been getting compliments on Type F wheels left and right. Haven't had them long but glad with the choice I went with.

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
how much was the ASM Hood? i love it
Depends if you want fiberglass or CF...

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...or&prodid=3040

Would have loved the CF version but a guy has to eat.

So the project has been completed. Courtesy was absolutely no help in the situation at all. They neglected to pack the two black pearl fender emblems and would not try to help satisfy the customer. In talking with a few other Z members (240Zs and older models) Courtesy used to be a place that was pretty good to deal with. But since the change in management they have fallen out of favor with that crowd. I can tell you that I won't be doing business with them again. Still haven't received that call back from the person who packed the box with the items and swears that all was included, which the tech said he would have him do. Just a little warning to all on Courtesy Nissan you'll pay but don't hold your breath on getting the items you ordered

On a happier note, Kevin at D&V offered to paint the OEM emblems a flat black to bring out the flat black of the wheels and they turned out excellently. One detail that we got stumped on was the front license plate. The holes drilled for the ASM bumper were drilled for Japanese plates. Not USDM plates. I ran to Home Depot and tried fashioning a bracket to be able to legally display those awesome state mandated front plates. Unfortunately each bracket I came up with the holes were ever so slightly off that they were not working. D&V came through again and took one of my failed attempts and made it work.

The whole thing looks awesome. Today there was a Function Tuned meet and a few pictures were taken. I will post some here when I see what other members took. Unfortunately didn't have access to a camera today

Stay tuned.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked at the before photos and thought

Gee this is a classy looking ride.

Go figure.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 PM
RoTors350Z

Member phunkenstein started a thread on G35Driver for the Function Tuned meet. Quite a few pics on a lot of the rides that were there and caught some photos of the drifting demo..... prior to the police showing up

http://g35driver.com/forums/national...ic-thread.html

Check it out.

There are other threads down in the Mid-A regional forum here:

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...et-2009-a.html

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...-pictures.html

We've got some photos cropping up in those threads.... LOL

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 05-17-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
RoTors350Z

Well my ride is back at D&V getting a some finishing touches on her.

Before i dropped her off I had these guys installed and love 'em:

Thanks to Z1 providing the parts and Dave at Function Tuned for getting them on super quick.

One of the other pieces I picked up was a rear spoiler. I liked the OEM one but a lot of times in some photos it just appeared way too small. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE REAR SPOILER!!!

Considered going with the Nismo V2 and then saw the Nismo V3. Even had Beastin do some photoshop magic to see what it would look like with a the V3 spoiler:

Originally Posted by Beastin
I gave it a shot.

But the more I searched and found other Z's with them on i'd catch certain angles i just wasn't too crazy about. So knowing I like the OEM spoiler but just wanting a little more length (and possibly a lil mo' girth ) I went with this one:

Blitz.

The bad thing was that D&V is so backed up and busy that I wasn't going to be able to get the Z in until FOREVER has past by. It appears that the the quality of their work speaks for itself and word of mouth has gotten around that it's getting tougher to be able to get work done by them. But after a lot of screaming at them over the phone and threatening them ( definition: crying and whining until they gave in ) they agreed to take my Z and start working on the additions.

Here are just a few of the vehicles that I captured on my camera when stopping out there.

This ride became airborne and apparently had a rough landing:

IIRC estimated 17-20K worth of damage!

PORSCHE!

What can i say?!?!

You don't even want to know how much this lil option costs...

Out of all the rides there this is probably my favorite:

Have more photos of this one that I'll throw in later.... friggin' sweet.

The Blitz getting prepped.

There were two cracks that were found on the spoiler when it came in. Kevin, said rather than wait on anther one they would take care of it and it wouldn't be a problem. I could not capture the cracks very well on the camera but once prepped it appears that they were only surface cracks and not deep at all.

Kevin was explaining that the 3M tape that comes with the spoiler was adequate but he would apply more to ensure that there would be no water and as an added safety measure.

more to come....
Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 AM
brandon3434

so...uhhh when are you gonna lower it?

JUST KIDDING! looks great man!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking sweet so far!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Blitz is nice but I think ings+1 would of been nicer.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Motormouth
Banned

would like to see it a taaaad lower.

but love the car man, great job. you planned it and executed it with style. I can't complain (for once)
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
RoTors350Z

Thanks for the words guys...

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Blitz is nice but I think ings+1 would of been nicer.
Yup, they look real good too.

Originally Posted by brandon3434
so...uhhh when are you gonna lower it?

JUST KIDDING! looks great man!
Originally Posted by Motormouth
would like to see it a taaaad lower.

but love the car man, great job. you planned it and executed it with style. I can't complain (for once)
On, lowering it a lil more I have been putting on some unwanted pounds, so maybe when I get in...

Been talking with Dave at Function for my next project. Maybe the added weight the new mod will lower it a bit

Stopped in the other day to check the progress...

OEM off and ready for the new rear..

threw this one in for some eye candy...

I saw a lambo zooming into the lot the other day too... no pics of that one, yet.

Fast forward to the very next day...

It's almost completed just a few minor finishing touches for the paint need to be done then she's gots a Blitz back end

Some before/after action:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Unfortunately discovered this happening, while there:

Anyone else run into this problem? It's one of the Courtesy Motors ebony Z emblems. Guys, don't waste your money on getting their blacked out emblems. Do it right and just have a shop black them out for you or do them yourselves. You'll be lucky if you even get the emblems from Courtesy.

Kevin said that they'd take care of the issue and black it out to match the side emblems for me.

Next installment will include these:

Stay tuned

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 10-21-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why havent u installed the brides yet?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

car looks tough...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:00 PM
RoTors350Z