Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New look with ASM/ChargeSpeed/SSR/Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow everything came together well, I'm really liking those wheels too.

Are you planning on tinting the windows a little?

Overall great job
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, u just killed me with ur setup.........

I WANT!!!!

looking sick!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
cgarZar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ross great job on the car looks fantastic Hope it all goes well for you.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
KT30

Please post more nice pics of the car. Looks great, and love the wheels and kit.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Driven1
Professional

And it's Clear Bra'd too. VERY nicely done.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 PM
RoTors350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Changvi
I think your project turned out very nicely, but the only thing i would've done differently were the side skirts. ASM bumper, IMO, doesn't really flow well with the Nismo sides. You have an aggressive front bumper and hood, to subtle side skirts, then to an aggressive rear bumper. But each to its own. If you are satisfied with the out come, then that's what it matters. And to the emblem situation, i think Courtesy Screwed up big time and they just didn't want to admit that they fcuked up. Otherwise, the package person would've called you back already. Either way, your car looks very nicely done. And don't forget a photo shoot for us.....
Yeah, I got off the phone with Courtesy a few hours ago and it doesn't seem that they are going to be any help in the situation. I will have to file a claim with UPS so that Courtesy is paid for more side emblems then I will get the emblems that I have already paid for. This situation doesn't sit well with me. Pay for emblems, don't get emblems, need to file claim so that Courtesy can get paid on another set of emblems, THEN get what I've already paid for....

As to the side skirts believe it or not I scoured and looked at a ton of skirts that were available. The Nismo sides are exactly what I was looking for. I was hesitant to mix and match kit parts b/c I could somewhat picture it in my mind and have a good idea of what the finished product may end up like. But until it's said and done and right before your eyes you just aren't sure if it's going to be exactly what you wanted.

Well, when I saw the finished product it was better than what I had pictured it in my mind. I'll go on and explain the look I was going for further into the post. But I also wanted to touch on your definition of aggressive. I feel that the look I was going for was somewhat aggressive but I kind of wanted a clean look as well. I feel that I've achieved that with the pieces I've gone with. We also have to remember that both the terms "aggressive" and "clean" are somewhat subjective and could mean two totally different things to you and I.

When I was searching for side skirts someone recommended that I look at the Veilside version 2 sides. I was told that they were "aggressive" so I took a look at it. No offense to anyone who has these sides or even kit but to me the look was definitely NOT was I was going for. It was way overboard in my opinion.

I felt the Nismo sides had just enough flaring out to stand out enough without going overboard and still maintain a very "clean" look.

Originally Posted by lgear080
I agree. The car is imperfect with those skirts. Overall it takes away
from the other parts in play. C-west skirts can be had reasonably... and
bulletproof has a set of RSW's that bolt right up to the stockers. Either
would be an improvement. Very very close. Prob time for a legit shoot
too, your car deserves it.
I did give a look at the C-west sides but never even considered the RSW's.

C-west skirts:

RSW skirts:

But because IMO these don't look too different then stockers the C-west didn't last long in my list of potential sides. Same goes for the RSW.

Photo shoot will be on it's way once i learn how to take better photos or i can convince one of my buddies to take some cool shots.

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 04-27-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
RoTors350Z

Originally Posted by Gibbs
Congrats on the car, it looks awesome! On a side note I love your exhaust, what style HKS is it?
Yup, chu got it mang

Originally Posted by jsyang15
congrats on the ASM front end. I am sure your body shop thanked you for the minimum prep requirement for the bumper and hood. First time I seen black and I follow the ASM blog pretty avidly. Congrats again and to each their own, if you like the flow of the body style, that is all that matters. I have been stuck at a point to not mix and match different tuner body pieces but after looking at yours, I might have to search some side and rear options
Appreciate it. Like I said before the body shop loved the ASM stuff. Just about everytime I was in there I kept hearing how it was awesome stuff. Again one guy on the spot, after seeing the hood told Kevin to put him on the list for one and to have it installed with D&V. What more can you ask for? Looks good and fit perfectly. Short of being free I couldn't ask for more in a front bumper and hood.

I understand about being reluctant to mix and match. Like i mentioned above I was kind of on the fence about doing that also. I looked at whole kits to keep from having a finished product that might not flow and of course one of the contenders was the Nismo V2. But I wasn't too crazy about the rears. The other contender was the Shadow Sport. I loved the whole look but saw a poster that had it installed without the front under spoiler and it totally changed the look. I wouldn't have the under spoiler installed either for the same reason the member didn't have it installed. It would be severely damaged due to the angle of his driveway. For me it's slightly different, my driveway is fine it's the rest of Northern VA's roads=SUCKETH!!!! I dunno, I moved in from PA where it they were rated as the worst roads in the US but I'm wondering how Northern VA squeaked by without getting hit with that title!?!?!?

So I had to look around and kept coming back to pics of your ASM hood and bumper. Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted by MethodRN
+1000000000

Great choice in parts, front end looks great but the side skirts just don't do it for me. This is a great example of why I don't like mixing and matching body kit pieces. All great looking pieces indiviually, but when put together, just falls a little short. That is an AWSOME front end though, and it's unfortunate that ASM doesn't have a complete kit. Do they?

On the other hand, the work looks impeccable!!! Very impressive work by the body shop. Love the wheels!!! And again, as long as you're happy. Just a little critique.
Yeah, I was kind of unsure on the wheels but took a leap of faith on them. I kind of like deep lip looks but think the wheels really compliment the changes on the vehicle. No offense on the critique again I was going for a certain look and will touch on it a little more into the post.

Originally Posted by PhiSig
Kevin at D&V was raving about the quality of the ASM pieces. They honestly havent been on my radar until now, but I like them a lot.
Definitely put them into consideration. I'm new to the body kit arena and who has good fitment and everything like that but it seems ASM has good quality and if you like their looks and can bite the bullet on pricing, you're good to go.

Originally Posted by lek at ngc
rotors350z...

hot car man... i was telling robbie how nice it was.
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
looks great Ross, enjoy it!
Originally Posted by waizzz
Wow everything came together well, I'm really liking those wheels too.

Are you planning on tinting the windows a little?

Overall great job
Originally Posted by maXmood
OP, u just killed me with ur setup.........

I WANT!!!!

looking sick!
Originally Posted by cgarZar
Ross great job on the car looks fantastic Hope it all goes well for you.
Originally Posted by KT30
Please post more nice pics of the car. Looks great, and love the wheels and kit.
Thanks for the compliments guys. waizzz, Z1 i believe may have the exact set for sale. Last i checked they had 'em.

Also, the windows are tinted. IMO, it seems when lighter cars get their windows tinted they appear to be super dark. When a darker car get's the same tinting it looks not as dark. I believe that's what we're seeing with the photos. Unless you are willing to go 2 levels beyond the "pull me over" threshold

One last item on the skirt issue. I feel that visuals will help in getting my point across and possibly adding some graphics to the pics will help illustrate what my goal was.

If you look at the following photos that I've posted before and check the lines of the underside or the flow:

You should be able to follow that from the front bumper underline to the front of the side skirt they line up to show a slight arc. Same goes from the lines of the rear bumper connecting to the the rear of the side skirts. I'll try and demonstrate what I'm talking about, with my limited graphic skillz.

These lines follow very closely to a body style that I have been trying to obtain for a long time but haven't had any luck. If I had this body style in my possession I wouldn't worry about the skirts one little bit in fact I could do without them, observe the similarity in lines:

I hope this has cleared up any reasons on why I went with the sides that I did.

Originally Posted by Driven1
And it's Clear Bra'd too. VERY nicely done.

I would love to see this clear bra'd too!!!!

All kidding aside, I am totally blown away by the finished product. Short of the Courtesy snafu I couldn't be happier. Kevin from D&V had pointed out a spot on the clear bra that he had discovered. I saw it too but b/c of the pollen out the day of the open house it appeared to be a water drop where the pollen had collected and dried. But upon closer inspection it wasn't. Kevin advised that even though he contracts his clear bra jobs out that if I wasn't satisfied with the finished product on the clear bra to just let him know and he'd have his clear bra guy come out and re-do it. There was also a air bubble that would not go away in one of the vents. You'd have to get down on all fours and look way inside but it's there. The fact that Kevin was the one that pointed it out and didn't try and gloss it over showed how truly D&V is a stand up outfit. I also found two very tiny pin hole marks in the paint of the rear bumper within the seam. Barely noticeable but I was told by Kevin that it was no problem and that they wanted to make sure I was happy with the final outcome.

They have earned a loyal customer. And the pics back up the quality of their work.

Now if anyone can help me find out how I can get my hands on Jessica Alba's body I would appreciate it verrrry much

Robbie, didn't get to see how your project was coming along. Is it completed yet?

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 04-27-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

wow. lookz great! good job on all the parts.. looks like the body shop did a good job.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Driven1
Professional

Not quite yet...my sides and rear were on yesterday were all on...front diffuser was trimmed for the charge pipe. they were going to install the top bolts and larger washers on some of the diffuser bolts...then install. Ill pick my Z and the blue vette up on Weds.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

no need 2 explain, sides flow perfect with the rest of the kit, I know it looks sick in person....
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

what about ings type e side skirts? you need to continue the front lip's flow...
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
RoTors350Z

Forum member L. Baggins has a much better camera and photo skills than I do. He snapped a few of these at the open house...

Look at the paint in this photo

Robbie, did you say blue vette?

You aren't talking about A chevette, are you?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
L. Baggins

Sexy *** car!! First black Z that my eyes went

Great Z bro!!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car came out nice- I think it would have been a bit better if you went two-tone for some contrast. I'm sure it looks better in person.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
JonnyRod

that car is f'n beautiful man. good job. MAYBE could have gone with some different sides but thats if i was nit-pickin haha WAY jealous
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by RoTors350Z

Robbie, did you say blue vette?

You aren't talking about A chevette, are you?
HAHA. I did I did. It was at the show too. Needed a minor touch up on the front lip. It was the blue C6 convertible.

All done now. Should be picking both up this afternoon.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All in all you've got a winner. This car is definitely unique and you've clearly
got impeccable taste. I really want to see the car shot alone in a clean setting
to get a feel for it. The parking lot does not do it justice. The higher end flics
give us just a taste of the total package.

All my best!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Eclipseguy12

nice *** ride! post your progress up driven!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
jdhuegel1

Those

Rims

Are

SICK!

19" LMGT4's for sale! LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts