Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lol. Widebody Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Zenica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 3rd pic looks like it is front of the Tucson Air National Guard base on Valencia Rd.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen much worse

At least it's metal and not fiberglass.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Zenica

Originally Posted by Spork
I've seen much worse

At least it's metal and not fiberglass.
Where have you been looking???
Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
fairladyboss

i cant believe how bad this car looks now
Old 05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
supertikkigod

Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by SdwysFairlady
I found their inspiration:

Epic Fail.
NO. The simularity in this picture is much more accurate...

Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that was truely his carbon car this guy has to be retarded to think that widebody is sick......
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
overZealous1

funny how i look through the responses and see the guys who actually build and work on their cars show abit of appreciation, and the guys who don't, clown. maybe it is the bandwagon thing again.
i see so much opinion on this site from guys that need help to pull an interior panel or "what to do about rock chips".
while following the crowd and deciding how to make your car look like others on the site, decide what it takes to win a cover shot and be the center piece of a display or be sponsored (like so many who try)
i am on many different sites, both 2 and 4 wheel, and never have i seen a site with so many people who have no personality to do something different. the guy who does, gets slammed. this is more of a social site than it is an "automotive forum".
while there is a few things different i would have done, it does not disregard the fact that it still is a pretty cool car. those who cannot appreciate the work involved and the quality of work do not belong on an automotive forum. maybe twitter is better for the social networking.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

^^

Regardless of the time and effort put into it, they should have spent more time on actually making it look GOOD. Sure it probably wasnt easy to do, but if they were gonna go all out, they might as well have made it visually appealing instead of visually retarded. Exotic cars like lambos and ferrari have WAY more work put into them than this "masterpiece" of a Z, and still manage to look stunningly beautiful. This is just stunningly...WTF.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 PM
350ZToeRing

Originally Posted by overZealous1
funny how i look through the responses and see the guys who actually build and work on their cars show abit of appreciation, and the guys who don't, clown. maybe it is the bandwagon thing again.
i see so much opinion on this site from guys that need help to pull an interior panel or "what to do about rock chips".
while following the crowd and deciding how to make your car look like others on the site, decide what it takes to win a cover shot and be the center piece of a display or be sponsored (like so many who try)
i am on many different sites, both 2 and 4 wheel, and never have i seen a site with so many people who have no personality to do something different. the guy who does, gets slammed. this is more of a social site than it is an "automotive forum".
while there is a few things different i would have done, it does not disregard the fact that it still is a pretty cool car. those who cannot appreciate the work involved and the quality of work do not belong on an automotive forum. maybe twitter is better for the social networking.
^^Couldn't have said it better. OH NO!!! he didn't drop it on some volks! Lets all cry "Witch!" and hang him! If he got everybodys attention, then he did something right. It was out of the box. Everybody grow up. Now can we end this thread since its just turned into
Old 05-16-2009, 05:02 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZToeRing
^^Couldn't have said it better. OH NO!!! he didn't drop it on some volks! Lets all cry "Witch!" and hang him! If he got everybodys attention, then he did something right. It was out of the box. Everybody grow up. Now can we end this thread since its just turned into
Actually he did drop it on some Volks and I could argue that not all attention is good attention...

I do agree with the point that this site is just as much social network as it is automotive resource but just because something is executed well or at great cost doesn't mean the end result is beautiful to look at. It's hard to improve on the Z's looks!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
adamtaylorpcb

very well said, i know this isnt appealing to my eyes but the scope of his craftsmanship is out of my range... for that, i appreciate it.... super widebody just isnt my thing

Last edited by adamtaylorpcb; 05-16-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:14 AM
overZealous1

again, there is a few things i would have done different on his car, but it just seems weird cutting on a guy with a 350z on my350z.com. especially 4 pages of the same thing. not sticking up for him or anything, but most all folks on this site are more willing to greet with a punch rather than a handshake.

now, if your putting interfoolers or other magnetic exterior add ons, a good point in the right direction is in order. i got a kick out of the guy who was trying to crack on the fact he thought a steel widebody was cutting corners and got others to follow, they have no clue what they are talking about. for the guys who think it is cutting corners, make a set of your own composite (that means frp, carbon, yada yada) rear fenders and see what it looks like in a year.
some folk just need to cool off on their opinions, in my opinion, lol.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:05 PM
beetlejuice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

again, there is a few things i would have done different on his car, but it just seems weird cutting on a guy with a 350z on my350z.com. especially 4 pages of the same thing. not sticking up for him or anything, but most all folks on this site are more willing to greet with a punch rather than a handshake.

now, if your putting interfoolers or other magnetic exterior add ons, a good point in the right direction is in order. i got a kick out of the guy who was trying to crack on the fact he thought a steel widebody was cutting corners and got others to follow, they have no clue what they are talking about. for the guys who think it is cutting corners, make a set of your own composite (that means frp, carbon, yada yada) rear fenders and see what it looks like in a year.
some folk just need to cool off on their opinions, in my opinion, lol.
I can appreciate your points. And I was one of the people who took a dump on this guy's car.

I have spent more time working on cars than 99.9% of the people on this forum (including guys who own/run shops). I can appreciate sleepless nights, engine swaps at 3am by yourself when you have to be at work at 8am, building your own parts because the aftermarket is slow to respond, etc.

And I whole heartedly agree that this forum is one of the most opinionated and bandwagon-ish (Volks, HKS, etc) forums I've ever been apart of in my 10+ years in internet forum land.

But my feeling is this. If you're going alter the body lines that severely of a beautiful automobile, you should have a thick skin.

I can appreciate his deviating from the norm, and if I knew the guy I would give him props for his effort (or check writing ability), but I still think his car is ugly, and he ruined a perfectly good Z33.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

LOL!!!! That Z made me lawl!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
ktnupe8

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

appreciate the craftsmanship, but seems like not too much went in to R&D on this one. just my .02
Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
edi88

that is so retarded
Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 PM
vthao

WHY???!!!??
Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

It's really not that bad. But what is throwing it off is the hard line on the wheel wells, if they were more rounded it would flow ALOT better!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZToeRing
I'm not a Volk/HKS/etc. bandwagon person. Its cool that this was custom made, but even for a show car, its just ugly. It seriously looks like you put 6" wide fender flares from a Jeep to the side of a Z and just extended it out. There is no shape to it. Its just 'there'. If it had some element of aesthetics to it, people on the forum might feel differently.

The care before was really nice though.

Last edited by Armitage; 07-16-2009 at 10:47 PM.