Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 06:32 PM
TAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about paint

I've started to see too many chrome silver z's and I'm starting to get that paint peel thing so I was wondering if anyone knows what a genral cost area would be to repaint my Z a diffrent color. Thanks for the help
Old 09-21-2003, 08:29 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To do it right, $4000 +/-.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Zlife-000

Unhappy I have Paint issue as well PLEASE HELP

I have a question...or really see what you guys think...I have just basically joined the club and bought a 350z Daytona Blue Track. I love the car for everything its worth. But you see right before I signed the papers saying that their is nothing wrong with the car i noticed several scratches on the "Brand New Car" and I was basically like WTF!! But they were really cool and said they would put it in writing to do something about. So they provided me a rental car and it's been in their possession since then...their was some small other problems like the tire presure sensor was not reading right saying 36 psi and crap but thats not biggie. Paint on the other hand effects it big time...resale value and all that stuff. Right now what they are doing is trying to wetsand it and if they are gone thats fine by me but basically the scratches were on the whole rear of the car basically so...if it doesn't fix then they said they might have to paint the car!! My real question to you guys is what should it take for them to just be like sorry this happened we will take back this car and get you a new one cause of all the fuss or will that never happen??? Please help!!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:52 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a whole lot of complaining, theyll eventually buy it back possibly... I know at the beginning one guy made alot of noise and was offered a repaint, or buyback, I think he chose neither tho.

if its just orange peel, Id try a good wetsand, bring it somewhere, should cost about 1000$ for it. or yeah 4000 should get a good paint job, but any paint job, even a good one will depreciate the car. tho it may be desirable to some... gotta find the right buyer.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Zlife-000

Originally posted by ares
a whole lot of complaining, theyll eventually buy it back possibly... I know at the beginning one guy made alot of noise and was offered a repaint, or buyback, I think he chose neither tho.

if its just orange peel, Id try a good wetsand, bring it somewhere, should cost about 1000$ for it. or yeah 4000 should get a good paint job, but any paint job, even a good one will depreciate the car. tho it may be desirable to some... gotta find the right buyer.
Emm its not "Orange Peel" they are scratches...I think they all the way down...Would it be possible to have them find me another blue track and keep the same deal...Cuase i did get a sweet deal. Tomorrow I will try to get pics for you guys and that might be a better way of explaining it. Did I mention my seats were starting to already were...but they said they would be replacing those anyway
Old 09-22-2003, 12:32 PM
TAF

Thank you, I'm not really really worried about depreciation as I don't plan on selling it if I ever do for a long time