Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Should I go to cincity?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 01:15 PM
dually

I hope you guys know that lights are tested before they ship to prevent DOA. So, actually it IS UPS's fault...
Also, who the hell is james? I know Nic and Ryan pretty good and never heard of him before.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:17 PM
usmanasif

Plenty of people know how to do this mod now, so I suggest finding a reputable one among them and either pay them to do it, or have them help you. Or simply take apart the lights yourself (or with a local member) and send the large plastic housing piece from each to any of the gazillion people expert at buying and installing high-quality LEDs (there are many on these forums plus several others on the LED subforums at www.hidplanet.com). Then wire them to the parking lights when they get back, and put the lights back together.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:21 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by dually
I hope you guys know that lights are tested before they ship to prevent DOA. So, actually it IS UPS's fault...
Also, who the hell is james? I know Nic and Ryan pretty good and never heard of him before.
Nice 1st post!

But sadly, that is an incorrect judgement. If installed correctly (I know, I have installed them myself), the halos are incredibly resilient. Think about it, if a few bumps in the UPS truck could be enough to blow them out, how would they withstand the rigors of daily driving? Mine have been working flawlessly for over a year. I recently replaced them just to try a different mounting method (to increase brightness). Now if the lights had physical damage, I could agree that it's UPS's without. Without it, no amount of rattling will break a halo, let alone BOTH OF THEM!

I am sure CC test most lights before shipping but forgetting to do so is possible if their volume is as high as it appears to be.

Nic was a pretty decent guy in my interaction with him back when he was Subrwho. I don't know if the $$$ have changed him...
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:23 PM
Ryan@CiNcity
Vendor - Former Vendor

im a nice guy

im not here to say you guys are wrong and im right. i learned my leason on that last time.

we have had some speed bumps along the way and i have taken care of what i can to the best of my ability. this is a business that was started out of his kitchen and we NEVER expected to be where we are. i used to be like you guys when i heard bad things from friends or whoever that had bad experiences and jumped on the bandwagon bashing places...... now im on the other side of the fence and it sucks to be perfectly honest. we cant make everyone happy no matter how hard we try or how perfect we do stuff.

like i said before, all you guys that got screwed i apologize as much as i can(and yes i know it doesnt mean ****). ive done everything i can with what i know and have done my best to get everyone happy. but i cant fix everything, somethings are just out of my control.

so OP if you want lights done by us you will have to wait. despite all the bad rep we have here we still have huge amounts of work. so expect a wait. if you dont want to wait we understand and we have things in motion to help with that. we are so busy with alot of other stuff besides lights too. we are going to be expanding our shop and getting 5-7 more employees withing the next 3-6 months. so we are swamped in work.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:42 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Ryan@CiNcity
im a nice guy

im not here to say you guys are wrong and im right. i learned my leason on that last time.

we have had some speed bumps along the way and i have taken care of what i can to the best of my ability. this is a business that was started out of his kitchen and we NEVER expected to be where we are. i used to be like you guys when i heard bad things from friends or whoever that had bad experiences and jumped on the bandwagon bashing places...... now im on the other side of the fence and it sucks to be perfectly honest. we cant make everyone happy no matter how hard we try or how perfect we do stuff.

like i said before, all you guys that got screwed i apologize as much as i can(and yes i know it doesnt mean ****). ive done everything i can with what i know and have done my best to get everyone happy. but i cant fix everything, somethings are just out of my control.

so OP if you want lights done by us you will have to wait. despite all the bad rep we have here we still have huge amounts of work. so expect a wait. if you dont want to wait we understand and we have things in motion to help with that. we are so busy with alot of other stuff besides lights too. we are going to be expanding our shop and getting 5-7 more employees withing the next 3-6 months. so we are swamped in work.
Much respect to you, Ryan! From what I hear, you're the man to deal with if anyone decides to send their lights to Cincity. I just wish you were around back when I got my lights done. Like I've said before countless of times, I never had a problem with Cincity in general. My only problem was with Nic's damn attitude. The reason I decided to have my work done by you guys is because of all the great results I've seen and countless of happy Cincity customers. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case. Nic messed up my lights and then gave me an attitude when I brought it up to him. In my opinion, Cincity could be a very respected and successful business if it wasn't for Nic. Too bad he's the owner

Last edited by calin; 05-18-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:44 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Funk350z
This guy is one of nic's poster boys just look at the cincity forums.
I can't even count how many times one of Nic's "boys" made an account on here just to back him up . Especially in the thread I made back a few months ago
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:46 PM
dually

This guy is one of nic's poster boys just look at the cincity forums.
I was stating a fact. No need for attacks. If you have a problem, PM me.

Anyway, back on topic. As with all custom work, imperfections should be expected nothing assembled by humans can be perfect.

Edit: actually, i joined because you guys have a really good classifieds. Looking to pick up some stuff possible.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:47 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by dually
I was stating a fact. No need for attacks. If you have a problem, PM me.

Anyway, back on topic. As with all custom work, imperfections should be expected nothing assembled by humans can be perfect.
GTFO
Old 05-18-2009 | 02:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Reguardless what you say Nic is a ***. There is a few post from you on their forum shitting your pants and asking what is going on with your lights cause it was taking forever. Nic is a joke! His prices are marked up so high it isn't funny he pays $100 for a roll of 200 LED's for the projector mod. 10 led's go in the mod and charges $275 - $400 depending on the model. You do the math.

Nic isn't a great business man he has no direction or knows what to do with a business. He had so many raffles on their site and at the HIN miami show that there was never a winner of! So tell me who pocketed the money

EDIT: Just noticed their was a raffle here on my350z also which a few winners were not paid out.
Hey,

I'm not here to defend Nic or be a CiNcity nutswinger. I was getting pissed with Nic and how long my lights were taking. I sent him my headlights, sidemarkers, and tail lights. After months of no progress, I raised hell in the CiNcity thread. Ryan and I had an initial conflict on the thread, but then I spoke with Ryan on the phone and ironed things out. Ryan is a stand up guy and IMO is doing the best he can to make things right.

With regards to the comments about high prices... CiNcity may not be "cheap", but take a look at the pricing on clearcorners.com if you think CiNcity's prices are ridiculous.
Old 05-23-2009 | 08:17 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Just throwing in my personal experience here with CiNcity. First off, I got my mods from a raffle winner that decided to seel his winning ticket on here in the classifieds. I got the clear reflector mod, R8 mod and painted insides to match my car for $300. The raffles are real....period.

I chose to pay an additional $250 to have the demon eye mod done in blue. My lights were far from perfect when I sent them out and I documented how the looked with pics prior to shipping. CiNcity had my lights for almost 10 weeks - I was told to expect a 3-4 week turn time.

I called inquiring about my lights and received a return call from Nic to discuss the condition of my lenses. He wanted to make sure I was aware that they had cracks so I would not blame them on CiNcity. He offered new lenses for $800 and I declined, based on price.

Nic called a few days later to tell me that the blue LEDs for my R8 mod were mis-shipped as white instead and it would be appx 1 week delay to get the correct LEDs. He offered a blue glow mod for free if I wanted to get the R8 mod in white instead and I accepted.

One week later my lights showed up. They were packaged very well and are incredible. The paint has some small flaws (dust), but they are great otherwise. Nic followed all my instructions to the tee as I am hard to please. I wanted it set up so that each mod can be switched on/off independantly. Nic was even nice enough to post a preview of my lights on youtube. I got the first set of 03-05 lights with the glow mod. Here is what the final result is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did it take a long tie - YES. Was it worth it - ABSOLUTELY!!

I am finishing a full build of the motor, drivetrain, suspension and interior and this is honestly my favorite mod and what makes my Z stand out in a crowd.
Old 06-11-2009 | 05:57 PM
norapat01

damn, I really want a set of 06+ light. May be I should take a chance
Old 06-12-2009 | 06:34 AM
yusoslo

I went to Sin City, spent a lot of money, and all I got was some flashing lights.

seriously though, it seems like they do good work, It's just like my business, we are the most expensive, the longest install delay, but the best work and warranty in the business.

So 9/10 it's worth the wait
Old 06-14-2009 | 12:00 AM
Silkfiveseven

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/QUOTE]

those look bad ***.
anyways i thought cincity was circuit city for the first few posts hehe.
Old 06-22-2009 | 05:19 PM
minispider

I was one of the first ones to get the r8 mode and it was worth the wait, a year plus some months later and still going strong, only thing is the paint below the projector is bubbling a little, but Ryan told me to send them and will swap the housing for free and it will only take a couple of days with shipping, but I have not got the time to get them off.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-15-2009 | 10:06 PM
JerseyG35guY

Hey guys, im completely new to this site as its my 1st post here but i just wanted to throw my opinion out there for everyone. I ordered a pair of lights from cincity about 2 weeks ago and ive got nothing but good things to say about nic and his customer service skills. I sent him a message on his website and got a response the same day. We pretty much discussed what i wanted to get done and he seemed geniunely excited to start the project. he even ordered the headlights with the money i sent him from a guy off craigslist! I bug the **** outta him almost everyday but i usually always get an answer. They've had my lights about 2 weeks now, and are just about half way done. And i can tell you the lights ive asked him to put together are way more complicated than anything ive seen posted online thus far. It seems like on here he has a bad wrap but for anyone whos thinking about getting moda done, ive got nothing but good things to say about him. I will keep everyone updated with how my lights turn out and will post a video if he doesnt post one up before me!
Old 07-15-2009 | 10:27 PM
onaboat

I RARELY post anything but damn dude.... sounds like he told you to register and say something positive about him, seeing how you searched for this thread to post your first post.
Old 07-15-2009 | 10:35 PM
JerseyG35guY

Originally Posted by onaboat
I RARELY post anything but damn dude.... sounds like he told you to register and say something positive about him, seeing how you searched for this thread to post your first post.
It does seem like that but it isnt. I havent even got my headlights back from them yet in fact. I found there website through youtube searching g35 videos and came across them that way. I've been a member at G35NYC.com and G35driver.com for over a year now and have built my own headlights from scratch, but nothing compared to what they've managed to do. Alot of people say they are overpriced, but in all reality you get what you pay for, and if they were charging 100 bucks for all the crazy mods, id be a little skeptic to begin. I've been in contact with nic for about 2 weeks now and ive always gotten response emails even as late as 11 at nite. So, until i get my headlights 2 monthes late or all kinds of ****ed up, my opinion stays positive.
Old 07-15-2009 | 11:05 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

I'm still waiting for my tail lights almost a year later. Ryan is no longer working at CiNCity. Nic told me last week that he would get my lights done this week and would get in touch with me this week with an update. But I have yet to hear from him. No offense... But if you get your lights before I get mine, I will be extremely pissed.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-15-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2009 | 11:42 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

BTW JerseyG35guy... Yes, those are my headlights in my avatar and the youtube vid. I sent CiNcity my headlights, sidemarkers, and tail lights about a year ago. Nic has posted youtube vids of all my lights, including a couple vids of preliminary designs on my tails. Nic has used vids of my lights to advertise and attract new customers (such as yourself) while I'm still waiting to receive my sidemarkers and tail lights. IMO, Nic shouldn't be taking new orders until he finishes all the backlogged projects he's had for a long time.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-15-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2009 | 04:39 AM
minispider

So Ryan is no longer working with Nic? Another one bites the dust....

Quick Reply: Should I go to cincity?