Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I go to cincity?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
User 42426

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I go to cincity?

I heard both good and bad things about cincity. I want to get led's lined up like the r8, but I have no knowledge of electric work. Could someone point me to the right direction? What kind of LED's I need to use and how to go about connecting and wiring them. If not, would it be worth going to cincity since I really want it done? Plz let me know, thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should ask "Calin" of his wonderful experience with that company.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
calin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
You should ask "Calin" of his wonderful experience with that company.
Thanks for letting me know Rick. I'd like to talk everyone out of going with Cincity
Stevehl, I had a pretty bad experience with them. And I'm not the only one. If you search this forum, you'll find plenty of complaints about them. I sent in my lights which were in perfect condition and got them back not exactly the way I wanted them done. Also the clear lenses had a million tiny cracks in them. When I told Nic about it, he basically told me to "**** off" and wouldn't help me at all. Only after I made a thread about it and told my story, did he agree (after about a month) to send my lights back and he'd replace the lenses. Right after he said that I read a few threads from other customers who said they sent their lights in to Cincity and then never got a hold of them again. They called them, PM'ed and emailed them to get updates and never got a response. I'd recommend using clearcorners.com (they're a bit pricey though) or find a local guy who's done the job before and have them do your lights. Good luck!!

Last edited by calin; 05-17-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
calin
Banned

Also, they're not even a vendor on here anymore since so many people complained about their sh1tty customer service. I don't think they were getting much business anymore so they just left.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
haeshik

lol calin hates cincity, they fuked him over!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by haeshik
lol calin hates cincity, they fuked him over!!!
tr00f!!

Here's a link to my thread

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...customers.html

Cincity deleted a bunch of their comments after everyone saw what an A$$ Nic@cincity was
Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calin
Also, they're not even a vendor on here anymore since so many people complained about their sh1tty customer service. I don't think they were getting much business anymore so they just left.
That statement is totally incorrect. I understand you (and many others had negative experiences), but let's not put misinformation out there. They are still sponsors here. Ryan@CiNcity is still active in the CiNcity thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...s-___-134.html

My project has taken much longer than it was supposed to and I was unhappy with Nic's lack of communication. But since I have been communicating with Ryan, things have been much better. Ryan is a good guy and is genuinely trying to take care of the my350z customers. He has been easy to reach and has kept in good communication with me. I recommend that anyone who has been having problems/issues contact Ryan.

OP,

Nic (the owner of CiNcity) expanded into other makes and models of vehicles too quickly without having adequate staff to handle the influx of business. Therefore, they have been swamped. The reviews with CiNcity are definitely mixed. Their prices are much more reasonable than clearcorners.com and they offer more choice of colors and mods. They did things with my headlights that clearcorners just doesn't offer. I have the first set of G35 headlights with the R8 mod.

If you decide to send your lights to them, don't expect to get them back quickly. You will need to be patient. I'd recommend buying a second set of lights to send to them so you can still drive your car while you wait.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
The reviews with CiNcity are definitely mixed

You'll either love them or you'll hate them. There aren't many in-betweeners.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Allen331

So Calin, where'd you end up getting your lights done at? I've been looking for a place to do mine, but haven't decided where I want to go.

Clearcorners isn't that bad if you just get them painted. (I think it's 250), but they're all the way past hollywood. If you know anybody near anaheim/OC, please PM me
Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Allen331
So Calin, where'd you end up getting your lights done at? I've been looking for a place to do mine, but haven't decided where I want to go.

Clearcorners isn't that bad if you just get them painted. (I think it's 250), but they're all the way past hollywood. If you know anybody near anaheim/OC, please PM me
I got mine done at Cincity. It's pretty hard to find replacement lenses for our lights, so I just left them as they are. Actually if clearcorners is in hollywood, that's not bad. It'll take a few days till the lights are done anyways, so you won't get them back too quickly. And there really aren't too many places who paint headlights (at least none that I know of)
Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 AM
calin
Banned

But even though Cincity (well Nic, since he was the one who worked on my lights) messed them up, I'm not even that mad about that. The part that pisses me off is how Nic decided to handle the situation once I told him about the cracks in my lenses. He coughed up a hardcore attitude and got all defensive on me. I really didn't want to make that thread bashing Cincity, but Nic pushed me WAY too far with the crap he said. I honestly couldn't believe it when I found out Nic was the owner of Cincity because he has no customer service or management skills AT ALL.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Is this thread for real? With all the negative reviews, sky high prices, and the fact that people are doing these mods themselves I can't believe people even still consider them.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by jadaniya
Is this thread for real? With all the negative reviews, sky high prices, and the fact that people are doing these mods themselves I can't believe people even still consider them.

At least I got a deal. I traded Nic my Xbox 360 that I never played with some games for the work. I only paid shipping
Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Z04

i didn't have a problem with mine, but then again i got mine early on before all of the crap hit the fan so to say.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 AM
User 42426

damn, so no one has any info on how to do the diy r8 mod? I know if with the negative comments i should not go to cincity. So how do I get my r8 mod done? Ive searched and asked this before, but it seems no one knows or has done the mod. When I pm people who have done it, they never answer back lol
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Funk350z
I had my lights done by Cincity and I would suggest you STAY FAR AWAY. The owner is a complete *******. I had r8, paint and halos done and when my lights arrived both halos were not working and a few leds on the driver light was not working. So I emailed and never heard back from them so I ended up calling after finding their number from a person that used to work with them and the owner basically told me it's not his problem it's UPS's problem (mind you the box was perfect no damage or anything to it) the package was only insured for $300 I paid $1275 for the complete deal and then he had the ***** to ask for another $475 + shipping to replace the halos and leds. I told him to **** off and ended up doing the lights myself.

I'm a lurker on their website and it's pretty clear the owner (nic) is in it for the money and **** everyone. He uses all his forum members that kiss his *** to do everything for him. "go to this forum and say we aren't a bad company", "sign up for this and we will make money" and other BS
DAAAAAAAAMNNN that sucks bawlzzz!!!! I'd be sooo pissed
Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 PM
calin
Banned

Yep really does! He plays Mr. innocent but he isn't there is a ton of stuff on other forums like eclipse, celica forums where he has screwed them also. One Z owner sent his headlights to get done (paint and projection color) and it took Nic 7 months cause he sold the lights without telling the owner of them so he had to wait for Nic to get more lights. And he sent his tails to get done which he has "lost' but I'm sure he modded them and sold them and only want's to pay $100 to the guy for 06+ LED tails. He's an *** stay away from him.
That doesn't surprise me at all. Nic is one of the biggest asses I've ever had to deal with.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:35 PM
calin
Banned

There is a few post from you on their forum shitting your pants and asking what is going on with your lights cause it was taking forever.
I remember seeing those also, so I'm not sure why he's backing them up now.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
i didn't have a problem with mine, but then again i got mine early on before all of the crap hit the fan so to say.
then that means you paid the full **** rapage price they had before the massive price drops...
Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
calin
Banned

I hope this thread will encourage people who were thinking about sending their lights to cincity to send them somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Should I go to cincity?