Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^ Your Z is one of my favs Ghost...
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

He is going to constantly have to answer the questions..."How does the Nismo compare to the regular Zs?"..."Does it handle better?"...etc

That said, I think when he answers..."It's not a real Nismo, but has authentic Nismo aero parts" (the front, at least)...it won't spark the same allure as a real Nismo Z would, but will still draw "non ricer respect" for the mere fact that he, just like anyone else seeking to modify the exterior of their car, went through the time and trouble to tastefully select parts and have them well painted/installed.

This all with the understanding that, to the selective and knowledgeable eye, tastefully modifying the exterior of any car is actually quite difficult. Who cares if the paradigm of good looks he choose just happens to be the bigger stronger twin brother (Nismo Z). It does look good, after all (minus the stickers, as previously mentioned), and is somewhat functional (e.g. front bumper cover/diffuser).

Analogy:
His Z : Nismo Edition Z
as
Consumer X's Amuse style modified Z : Amuse Suplerleggera Z (as in, the original car)

Does consumer X's Amuse style Z have all the same performance enhancing parts as the original. Highly doubtful. Case and point (unless you question the premise of the argument and think that modifying any stock car's exterior from how it came from the factory is rice to begin with - which is the real question at hand anyway)

Verdict: Not rice, minus the stickers (slams gavel)

Last edited by guitman32; 06-21-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^+1
A non-nismo Z rocking authentic nismo parts isn't rice. It's just a matter of taste. If I modified my '03 Track edition to look like a later year Nismo edition would I be rice? No, I would just be changing the appearance of my car in my favor, afterall the Nismo edition wasn't always offered.

His car looks good overall.

Edit... just looked a bit more, remove all those nasty decals though. It reminds me of the riced out supercharged daytona blue 350z with that old man driving it and some kids filming him on youtube.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
bizcotch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  100_2013.jpg
Views: 1830
Size:  87.6 KB

Never liked RED Z's, until now. This is a beautiful setup you got there.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
shvd64cdy

stickers aside clean car. as far as the debate about the "rice" because he used nismo parts on a non-nismo........ well, how many of us have a nismo shift ****, floor mats, oil cap etc. are we rice too? if we have 06+ headlights are we "faking the funk" trying to pass it off for a newer model? no, we simply like those better. hmmm....... ok, so you'll counter and say well, he used the parts on the exterior........ ok, well pick it apart then......
1- v2 sides= not a nismo
2- hks knock off-exhaust, not the stock nismo exhaust= not a nismo
3- brakes, non-brembo= not a nismo.
4- paint scheme on the rear spoiler, not oem

so, my point is that we can all (for the most part) see the differences between his and an authentic nismo, so i doubt he's trying to really pass it off as a nismo. (although i agree the nismo stickers may give some that impression)
but, looks like a clean car to me, good body and paint work on it, and he's obviously pleased with the results and wanted to share them with everyone as well he should. does the op probably need to go back and edit the original post in regards to the insurance portion, arguably yes. but, in the end, it's a clean car. and ghost, yours looks pimp as well! wtf cares if it's replica or not? looks great and congrats to both of you!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Jsin69

I dont understand why everyone is bashing the op for "scamming" the insurance company, isn't it usually the other way around where we as people are the ones getting "scammed" by the insurance companies?

Besides I don't see anything wrong with the op getting a genuine nismo part for a aftermarket item that got damaged. To my understanding insurance companies will not pay for aftermarket parts, unless it is included as an extra fee into you premium. If an aftermarket part gets damaged the insurance company will usually replace it with a OEM part, in the op's case it was a genuine nismo bumper, which is still considered to be a OEM part.

Even if the adjuster opted to replace the bumper with the same replica v2 bumper that the op originally had, I'm pretty sure the op can negotiate with the adjuster to a certain extent to replace it with something else. Because insurance companies are usually here to serve you, you are the one thats paying for their services and their salary.

I had a similar experience and with my nismo v2 bumper getting damaged in a hit and run incident. The difference between me and the op is that I had a genuine nismo v2. I also have allstate insurance, and I was worried that they wouldn't replace the bumper. Basically they replaced the bumper no questions asked, and the in the end the adjuster even said, "don't worry you have good insurance, we'll cover it no problem."

off subject but whats funny is that here in hawaii, when the insurance adjuster called the nissan dealership to get a quote on the nismo bumper, the nismo v3 bumper ended being far cheaper than the nismo v2. The nismo v3 was $712, while the v2 bumper was $1600....
Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by Jsin69
I dont understand why everyone is bashing the op for "scamming" the insurance company, isn't it usually the other way around where we as people are the ones getting "scammed" by the insurance companies?

Besides I don't see anything wrong with the op getting a genuine nismo part for a aftermarket item that got damaged. To my understanding insurance companies will not pay for aftermarket parts, unless it is included as an extra fee into you premium. If an aftermarket part gets damaged the insurance company will usually replace it with a OEM part, in the op's case it was a genuine nismo bumper, which is still considered to be a OEM part.

Even if the adjuster opted to replace the bumper with the same replica v2 bumper that the op originally had, I'm pretty sure the op can negotiate with the adjuster to a certain extent to replace it with something else. Because insurance companies are usually here to serve you, you are the one thats paying for their services and their salary.

I had a similar experience and with my nismo v2 bumper getting damaged in a hit and run incident. The difference between me and the op is that I had a genuine nismo v2. I also have allstate insurance, and I was worried that they wouldn't replace the bumper. Basically they replaced the bumper no questions asked, and the in the end the adjuster even said, "don't worry you have good insurance, we'll cover it no problem."

off subject but whats funny is that here in hawaii, when the insurance adjuster called the nissan dealership to get a quote on the nismo bumper, the nismo v3 bumper ended being far cheaper than the nismo v2. The nismo v3 was $712, while the v2 bumper was $1600....
Good point!

I have a story like this too. I used to have a different wheel setup with my car. I had some RacingHart CXR rims. They were very expensive when I first go them. I was involved in an accident a few months back, and ended up totalling 3 of the 4 rims. They were 2 piece rims and they cost at the time about 2500. I had them look for the same rims, but they were no longer produced. So the adjuster asked me to get a quote on stock 19" rims from the dealer. The only ones I could get were the LMGT's and they were about $650 + tax. Plus they were not black. They have to replace what broke with the nearest most affordable option. So I got a quote from RX motorsports for my GTS Pantoms, and it came out to be about $350 less than the dealer option, and about $400 more than what would have been the Racing Hart. So they agreed on getting the Volks. It was legit, I had aftermarket rims, and we tried to get the best deal. I dont think I scammed anyone, but I do keep aftermarket insurance always on my car.

Last edited by Ghost_shift; 06-22-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by guitman32
He is going to constantly have to answer the questions..."How does the Nismo compare to the regular Zs?"..."Does it handle better?"...etc

That said, I think when he answers..."It's not a real Nismo, but has authentic Nismo aero parts" (the front, at least)...it won't spark the same allure as a real Nismo Z would, but will still draw "non ricer respect" for the mere fact that he, just like anyone else seeking to modify the exterior of their car, went through the time and trouble to tastefully select parts and have them well painted/installed.

This all with the understanding that, to the selective and knowledgeable eye, tastefully modifying the exterior of any car is actually quite difficult. Who cares if the paradigm of good looks he choose just happens to be the bigger stronger twin brother (Nismo Z). It does look good, after all (minus the stickers, as previously mentioned), and is somewhat functional (e.g. front bumper cover/diffuser).

Analogy:
His Z : Nismo Edition Z
as
Consumer X's Amuse style modified Z : Amuse Suplerleggera Z (as in, the original car)

Does consumer X's Amuse style Z have all the same performance enhancing parts as the original. Highly doubtful. Case and point (unless you question the premise of the argument and think that modifying any stock car's exterior from how it came from the factory is rice to begin with - which is the real question at hand anyway)
Doesn't apply because Amuse is a totally seperate Tuner. Nismo is an in House company.

Verdict: Not rice, minus the stickers (slams gavel)
Originally Posted by mcarther101
^+1
A non-nismo Z rocking authentic nismo parts isn't rice. It's just a matter of taste. If I modified my '03 Track edition to look like a later year Nismo edition would I be rice? No, I would just be changing the appearance of my car in my favor, afterall the Nismo edition wasn't always offered.

His car looks good overall.

Edit... just looked a bit more, remove all those nasty decals though. It reminds me of the riced out supercharged daytona blue 350z with that old man driving it and some kids filming him on youtube.
Originally Posted by shvd64cdy
stickers aside clean car. as far as the debate about the "rice" because he used nismo parts on a non-nismo........ well, how many of us have a nismo shift ****, floor mats, oil cap etc. are we rice too? if we have 06+ headlights are we "faking the funk" trying to pass it off for a newer model? no, we simply like those better. hmmm....... ok, so you'll counter and say well, he used the parts on the exterior........ ok, well pick it apart then......
1- v2 sides= not a nismo
2- hks knock off-exhaust, not the stock nismo exhaust= not a nismo
3- brakes, non-brembo= not a nismo.
4- paint scheme on the rear spoiler, not oem

so, my point is that we can all (for the most part) see the differences between his and an authentic nismo, so i doubt he's trying to really pass it off as a nismo. (although i agree the nismo stickers may give some that impression)
but, looks like a clean car to me, good body and paint work on it, and he's obviously pleased with the results and wanted to share them with everyone as well he should. does the op probably need to go back and edit the original post in regards to the insurance portion, arguably yes. but, in the end, it's a clean car. and ghost, yours looks pimp as well! wtf cares if it's replica or not? looks great and congrats to both of you!
Yall don't get my point at all.

Using Nismo parts is fine, but the OP is using OEM parts off a higher model Z that has better performance. Again, so what if you have Nismo shift *****, floor mats or whatever else, those have always been AFTERMARKET parts. However, Nissan went out of their way to differentiate the NISMO Z with a different exterior and numbered plates for that "exclusivity" of a better performing Z. To Z enthusiast, it's clear that it's not a Nismo Z. But just like my earlier analogy to a Civic Type R, Civic enthusiast would know right away that it's not.

Am I wrong in thinking that the Nismo Z exterior parts were to be only available to Nismo Z owners anyways? I thought you could only get these parts by providing the VIN number to a real Nismo Z?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:18 PM
black_03

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift

Evertthing but the sideskirts and rims are replica. Im a ricer then.
Off topic..... What are the specs on your wheel and sus. set up?

Looks good...
Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by MethodRN

Using Nismo parts is fine, but the OP is using OEM parts off a higher model Z that has better performance. Again, so what if you have Nismo shift *****, floor mats or whatever else, those have always been AFTERMARKET parts. However, Nissan went out of their way to differentiate the NISMO Z with a different exterior and numbered plates for that "exclusivity" of a better performing Z. To Z enthusiast, it's clear that it's not a Nismo Z. But just like my earlier analogy to a Civic Type R, Civic enthusiast would know right away that it's not.

Am I wrong in thinking that the Nismo Z exterior parts were to be only available to Nismo Z owners anyways? I thought you could only get these parts by providing the VIN number to a real Nismo Z?
I agree that it seems like the OP is trying to make his car look like something it is not. To me, it is pretty much on par with smacking Volk stickers on Rota wheels.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
projectsupra

No, I'm sure most here read through your thinly veiled attack. If you want to call names because you don't like his style then do it and move on, you won't find your nut swingers in here.
The new Nismo kit is not exclusive just because it's slightly more difficult to obtain, I have an authentic kit, as well as a number of others here. It's even been replicated in FRP by TWO different companies.

Moving on,
Glad you finally got the car back on the road! Can't wait to see what's in store for it next. We need to do a proper photo shoot once you pull those badges off.

Doesn't apply because Amuse is a totally seperate Tuner. Nismo is an in House company.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by jekl1000
I agree that it seems like the OP is trying to make his car look like something it is not. To me, it is pretty much on par with smacking Volk stickers on Rota wheels.
You mean like people installing a bodykit just for show? Because bodykits, wheels, brakes, they are all there to make the car what it isnt. Im actually going to be installing the JDM version of the V3 on my car. Im going to install a harness bar, seats, and some harnesses. Im going to make my car LOOK like a race car. When Im done, Ill post pics. No one will say anything to me. WHY??? Because its my style, and I like the Nismo bodykits.

Why is everyone pissed?, Ill tell you why. Because some people here spent WAAAAYYYY to much money on a car with some suspension work and a bodykit with a freegin numbered badge. Why? because they sold you on a brand name, and took your money. Personally, I would go around install the bodykit, and get some nice suspension work and guess what.... The car is now better than a Nismo. What makes the car all that special? Just because it has a number. Please!!!

Look at the new Nismo 370, now you see at least some difference with a better engine, and better overall. But guess what, in about 2 years those engines will be all over the place. There might be 350s with 370 engines.

Everyone needs to get a grip with this numbered BS. My wife's car is a numbered car. 892 of 1700. Guess what, it makes no difference. Its a POS like the regular version of the same car, they just slapped a sorry *** turbo on it that needs to be pulled from the car in about 15000 miles and replaced with an aftermarket one because they void your warantee out of the gate. It would have been better for them to sell the parts as accessories so you could build it your own way, and take the best of what you want. Cheaper for us.

The car companies have you lost souls in mind when they introduce "limited", "signature series" in their lineup. REAL signature cars come out like the Lambo Reventon, Spyker C12 Zagato, Lotus 2-Eleven, Koenigsegg CCX, and Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione are the ones you should be glad to get your hands on, and they CANT be replicated. But a 30-40k car that is overpriced as is. C'mon give me a break. These cars are Z's guys, not 100k super cars. Who cares what he is trying to do or make his car look like, its different.

Oh and look at his wing, side skirts, lights, and rims. I see a huge difference there. I might just get a GTR badge after all this BS.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
DRIFT ZZ

Good point!

I have a story like this too. I used to have a different wheel setup with my car. I had some RacingHart CXR rims. They were very expensive when I first go them. I was involved in an accident a few months back, and ended up totalling 3 of the 4 rims. They were 2 piece rims and they cost at the time about 2500. I had them look for the same rims, but they were no longer produced. So the adjuster asked me to get a quote on stock 19" rims from the dealer. The only ones I could get were the LMGT's and they were about $650 + tax. Plus they were not black. They have to replace what broke with the nearest most affordable option. So I got a quote from RX motorsports for my GTS Pantoms, and it came out to be about $350 less than the dealer option, and about $400 more than what would have been the Racing Hart. So they agreed on getting the Volks. It was legit, I had aftermarket rims, and we tried to get the best deal. I dont think I scammed anyone, but I do keep aftermarket insurance always on my car.
Thanks for your support Miguel, (GHOST_SHIFT), and for sharing your Ins Co experience also !!...Some comments so far have been very intelligent, and then some are borderline neanderthal !! (lol)... !!
Hughie, PSL, FL
Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by projectsupra
No, I'm sure most here read through your thinly veiled attack. If you want to call names because you don't like his style then do it and move on, you won't find your nut swingers in here.
The new Nismo kit is not exclusive just because it's slightly more difficult to obtain, I have an authentic kit, as well as a number of others here. It's even been replicated in FRP by TWO different companies.

Moving on,
Glad you finally got the car back on the road! Can't wait to see what's in store for it next. We need to do a proper photo shoot once you pull those badges off.
WOW! Some people are really butt hurt about a question. Let's point things out. I never attacked the OP, just posed a question. I could care less about his sense of style. As for the style, I like the style of the Nismo Z. So why would I hate the OP's style?

Do I really have nut swingers? Wow, I'm honored

If I was hating on the guy, I would have said something like.... "He couldn't afford a Nismo Z so he tried to make his normal Z look like one" BUT I DIDN'T.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Ghost_shift

DriftZZ car =

1. Authentic Nismo front end 1500
2. Authentic Nismo Rear end 1100
3. Authentic Nismo rear spoiler 3000
4. Volk GTS 3700

All that equals more than most people have invested in their car. And he has it ALL just in the exterior. I would be a betting man, that if he would send his receipts to Nismo, they would probably give him his own number just because he is loyal to them, and buys authentic parts.

Everyone needs to get off his *****, and move on.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

You mean like people installing a bodykit just for show? Because bodykits, wheels, brakes, they are all there to make the car what it isnt. Im actually going to be installing the JDM version of the V3 on my car. Im going to install a harness bar, seats, and some harnesses. Im going to make my car LOOK like a race car. When Im done, Ill post pics. No one will say anything to me. WHY??? Because its my style, and I like the Nismo bodykits.

Why is everyone pissed?, Ill tell you why. Because some people here spent WAAAAYYYY to much money on a car with some suspension work and a bodykit with a freegin numbered badge. Why? because they sold you on a brand name, and took your money. Personally, I would go around install the bodykit, and get some nice suspension work and guess what.... The car is now better than a Nismo. What makes the car all that special? Just because it has a number. Please!!!

Look at the new Nismo 370, now you see at least some difference with a better engine, and better overall. But guess what, in about 2 years those engines will be all over the place. There might be 350s with 370 engines.

Everyone needs to get a grip with this numbered BS. My wife's car is a numbered car. 892 of 1700. Guess what, it makes no difference. Its a POS like the regular version of the same car, they just slapped a sorry *** turbo on it that needs to be pulled from the car in about 15000 miles and replaced with an aftermarket one because they void your warantee out of the gate. It would have been better for them to sell the parts as accessories so you could build it your own way, and take the best of what you want. Cheaper for us.

The car companies have you lost souls in mind when they introduce "limited", "signature series" in their lineup. REAL signature cars come out like the Lambo Reventon, Spyker C12 Zagato, Lotus 2-Eleven, Koenigsegg CCX, and Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione are the ones you should be glad to get your hands on, and they CANT be replicated. But a 30-40k car that is overpriced as is. C'mon give me a break. These cars are Z's guys, not 100k super cars. Who cares what he is trying to do or make his car look like, its different.

Oh and look at his wing, side skirts, lights, and rims. I see a huge difference there. I might just get a GTR badge after all this BS.
I completely aggree with you. I personally would personalize my car the way I wanted too vs. the Nismo Z. For those that don't know, I don't own a Nismo Z. I am not here saying that a numbered Nismo Z is better. I'm certain that some of the modified Z's on this board, handle and perform better than a stock Nismo Z. I simply posed a question. I AM NOT HATING ON THE OP!

I have seen a lot of Z's on the road that have not been modified in the best tastes, much like the civic and other popular cars. I was just curious if the Z has fallen victim to the same trends like badging a car as a higher model.

I simply used the fact that the NISMO Z is numbered to signify it's "exclusivity".
Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OP: loose the stickers and you are golden
Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
DRIFT ZZ

Originally Posted by projectsupra

Moving on,
Kyle, (PROJECTSUPRA), thanks for you help so far bro, You, Miguel and I have to do a serious shoot soon !!! That pic I took in your driveway became my screensaver bro !!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:32 PM
DRIFT ZZ

METHODMAN ,
Let me educate you...The nismo edition Z's body kit was designed by AUTECH JAPAN, here is the link http://www.autech.co.jp/EN/ENTERPRISE/SV/index.html , not by Nismo, and they are NOT an in house tuner..They got contracted By Nissan to design the KIT !!..They also Design Nissan's JGTC racecars...!!! = WIND TUNNEL DESIGNED WITH VERY EFFECTIVE AERO and coefficient of Drag !!...Thats why i'm drawn to this kit...My car feels so much more stable over 140 mph now than when stock or with my previous V2 kit !! I'm not doing this just for looks Pappa !! (lol)...And if I wanted to buy a Genuine NIsmo Edition, I'm A used car dealer, and see them in the auction all day for sale with a few thosand miles on them !!...Also, the sideskirt on the V2 to me is a lot more AERO and aggressive looking than the simple add on overlay piece thats on the Nismo Edition !!...So i'm not trying to emulate the Nismo, I WANT TO SURPASS IT !! And what perfarmance advantage it really has over my car, you forgot I have an 07 HR, same exact hp and performance as the Nismo...Ok the body is seamwelded in more spots than mine, great !! I have better suspension and much more aggressive rubber at all corners..And Im not impressed with the stock Brembos on the Nismo, I want at 8 PISTON calipers with 2 piece rotors, you think i will stop better than the Nismo after that ??? How about after I boost my HR at 9.5 psi stock motor !! GTR, LOOOOK OUT ! ....My .02 cents pappa !! God bless you with your car, AMEN !!
Hughie...PSL, FL

Last edited by DRIFT ZZ; 06-22-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
DRIFT ZZ

For all the CURIOUS Z owners out there, here is a progression of my Z life..Started with an 03 Lemans Sunset Touring Edition, sold it the day the HR came to the shores !! ENJOY and be amused if you will !! Tell me what is rice here !!??
Hughie....
Attached Thumbnails Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-02-02-07-020.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-02-02-07-013.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-05-05-07-005.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-05-05-07-027.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-drift-z-4-19-08-024.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!