Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
DRIFT ZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOME MORE....Pics tell a thousand words !!
PS.....AND YES, that's my 800 hp 94 supra (featured in Modified mags Feb 05 issue) sittin pretty next to my daily driver fake Nismo Edition (lol)....HATERZ HAVE NO CLUE...Go Google Hugh Silvera , and c what u find !!!
Attached Thumbnails Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-drift-z-4-19-08-070.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-dsc02439.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-dsc02458.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-dsc02560.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
You mean like people installing a bodykit just for show? Because bodykits, wheels, brakes, they are all there to make the car what it isnt. Im actually going to be installing the JDM version of the V3 on my car. Im going to install a harness bar, seats, and some harnesses. Im going to make my car LOOK like a race car. When Im done, Ill post pics. No one will say anything to me. WHY??? Because its my style, and I like the Nismo bodykits.
Well if those people put on a body kit and intentionally try to pass theirs off as another car, then yeah I guess that would be a good analogy. I can't say I see why you think no one will say anything to you. But OK.

Why is everyone pissed
Who is pissed? Actually, you are pretty much the only one getting worked up over it.

Originally Posted by MethodRN
WOW! Some people are really butt hurt about a question. Let's point things out. I never attacked the OP, just posed a question. I could care less about his sense of style. As for the style, I like the style of the Nismo Z. So why would I hate the OP's style?

Do I really have nut swingers? Wow, I'm honored

If I was hating on the guy, I would have said something like.... "He couldn't afford a Nismo Z so he tried to make his normal Z look like one" BUT I DIDN'T.
Extremely butt hurt. More so than the OP is.

I know I am sure as hell not hating on anyone in this thread. Hating means that I want what you have but can't have it on my own. If I wanted a Nismo I would have bought one. It's not like they are difficult to obtain.

I never attacked anyone either. Infact, Ghost, I think your car looks AMAZING and it shows you have put a ton of time and money into it. But back to attacking the OP, did I say anything like "Is that a fake Nismo or a garbage truck?" No, I never made a comment like that.

DriftZZ car =

1. Authentic Nismo front end 1500
2. Authentic Nismo Rear end 1100
3. Authentic Nismo rear spoiler 3000
4. Volk GTS 3700

All that equals more than most people have invested in their car. And he has it ALL just in the exterior. I would be a betting man, that if he would send his receipts to Nismo, they would probably give him his own number just because he is loyal to them, and buys authentic parts.
LMAO, if you were serious, I would take that bed in a second!!! Not that I care about a limited edition, but I am sure Nissan feels differently that I do. Here is how I imagine the conversation going down at Nissan USA, "Hey guys, let's dilute the meaning of a limited edition by giving a plaque to everyone that goes out and buys a Nismo body kit and an *** load of stickers."

Everyone needs to get off his *****, and move on.
I'm not on them, but if I wanted to be, I think I know where I would have to go to find them.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:41 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Is a Non-Nismo Z sporting the front, rear and spoiler of a Nismo Z rice? I mean, it's faking the the funk right? Just curious.
Here's my original post.

At what point did I even mention I didn't like what the OP was doing? I asked 2 questions. Later I applied an analogy of a civic being badged as a type r when its not and most car enthusiast calling this rice. So I was curious as to what the general opinion would be of Z owners doing something similar to a Z.

Judging from your pics, you seem to plan out all your mods and I applaud you for that. I wasn't trying to offend you or say you were rice. Look back at my posts. I never once said you were rice because of the modifications you chose.

I didn't even criticize you about how you obtained the front bumper.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:43 PM
projectsupra

Fake Nismo Edition, this is the best thread yet Hugh.

WOW! Some people are really butt hurt about a question. Let's point things out. I never attacked the OP, just posed a question. I could care less about his sense of style. As for the style, I like the style of the Nismo Z. So why would I hate the OP's style?

Do I really have nut swingers? Wow, I'm honored

If I was hating on the guy, I would have said something like.... "He couldn't afford a Nismo Z so he tried to make his normal Z look like one" BUT I DIDN'T.

Butt hurt over something posted here, no, sorry to disappoint you both.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Ghost_shift

Trust me bud. Im not worked up a bit. As far as your last comment, you should know, youve been on them since you posted on here the first time.

Im not on here trying to start some e-$hit, but if it wasnt for his decals and the details of his first post, the majority of the people would be praising him for what he has done.

Modding is personalizing, and he likes his car. And if youd see him, you would recognize him. That means his job is done very well. When I painted my old PPW white and black, everyone gave me the same BS, in the end, now there are hundreds of Z emulating my old car and current down to the T. Its about being different and doing what others cant or dont. There is always an upgrade. As long as you have the cash, then its unlimited. Look at the Amuse Superlegga, they thought the design of the V3 was good too. They replicated it and changed it ever so slightly to make it different. Same thing with the Greddy widebody's rear end. So hugh is pretty much inovating the V3, and changing it up so people see a different look to a nice functional kit. Look for me to do the same in the future.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Method posted a simple question that wasn't meant to offend anyone. This question has appeared on the forums in one form or another and hasn't been really discussed at length.

OP, your Z is sick, end of story.

Ghost, people really gave you shiza over your white and black theme? That's just wackjuice.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

I do find that funny Ghost that people gave you sh it about a black and white theme, cause I see that same scheme on lots of Zs.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by waizzz
Method posted a simple question that wasn't meant to offend anyone. This question has appeared on the forums in one form or another and hasn't been really discussed at length.

OP, your Z is sick, end of story.

Ghost, people really gave you shiza over your white and black theme? That's just wackjuice.
I do find that funny Ghost that people gave you sh it about a black and white theme, cause I see that same scheme on lots of Zs.
Its true. Even the local guys here (including Hugh) gave me grief.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
DRIFT ZZ

Its true. Even the local guys here (including Hugh) gave me grief.
LOL !!!! Miguel, I think you were the first with the Panda theme...UR SH IT was ST8 !! Here are a few pics I took in my driveway last year of the original Ghost_shift !!
Attached Thumbnails Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-12-12-07-001.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-12-12-07-007.jpg   Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!-12-12-07-031.jpg  

Last edited by DRIFT ZZ; 06-22-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by DRIFT ZZ
LOL !!!! Miguel, I think you were the first with the Panda theme...UR SH IT was ST8 !! Here are a few pics I took in my driveway last year !!
Oh Man!!! There she is!!! Thats my old 04!,lol!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:54 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jekl1000
Woah, those 2 nismo Z's are awesome, I can barely tell them apart. Are they twins? I think the one on the right has a different wing or something though.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Hugh, nice to see you got those wheels done!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 PM
imonlykidden

Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Jsin69

Here's my original post.

At what point did I even mention I didn't like what the OP was doing? I asked 2 questions. Later I applied an analogy of a civic being badged as a type r when its not and most car enthusiast calling this rice. So I was curious as to what the general opinion would be of Z owners doing something similar to a Z.

Judging from your pics, you seem to plan out all your mods and I applaud you for that. I wasn't trying to offend you or say you were rice. Look back at my posts. I never once said you were rice because of the modifications you chose.

I didn't even criticize you about how you obtained the front bumper.
I think people are just thinking too hard and deep into the question at hand.

In my personal opinion I don't think its "rice." Its just a Z thats rockin nismo parts. For example there are a bunch of WRX's that rock STI parts, whether it be the BBS wheels, turbo, ect.. but you wouldn't technically call that "rice" would you?

The op's car looks exactly like a Nismo Z, and anybody thats not a Z enthusiast will probably mistake it for one. So it would seem as though the op is "faking the funk," and being "rice," because he is trying to make his car look like the Nismo Z when it isnt.

So I can see where you are comming from MethodRN by questioning if the car is rice or not. But let me ask you this, What if the op was only rocking one nismo part. What if the op was only rocking a nismo v3 bumper while the sideskirts and rear were vertex (lets just say for example's sake.) Would you still question the car to be rice or not because it was running a in-house "aftermarket" bumper that it did not come with from the factory?

Thats like saying everyone on this forum including myself who are running nismo v2 parts is rice, because the nismo v2 was only offered in japan not in the u.s. So would that make them rice because they are "faking the funk" by trying to be a JDM nismo Z? Me personally...I don't think so.

If thats not enough, how about 240sx's with sr20det swaps, and front end conversions from the usdm front end to the JDM s13 front end. Would you consider that to be rice because the 240sx owner is trying to make his car look like a Silvia s13 that was never offered to the US?

The comment about comparing the op's car to rota's with volk stickers on it is just irrelevant. If the op were to slap on a fake stamp with a number and try to pass it as a real nismo with a fake limited edition stamp on it, then I could see the comparison between the two. But the way it is now, no....

I am simply putting in my 2 cents, and have no connection to drift zz or ghost_shift, besides the fact that i've admired both of their cars, and that their cars helped me make exterior decisions for my car
Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 AM
350ZNISMO673

We all are Z enthusiasts, so whatever we want to do to our car is really our business and nobody elses. I may not like what other people do to their car, but all i'm concerned about is whether I like mine or not.

OP, if you like it then it's all that matters. To each his own.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Nice now take all those stickers off!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by Jsin69
So I can see where you are comming from MethodRN by questioning if the car is rice or not. But let me ask you this, What if the op was only rocking one nismo part. What if the op was only rocking a nismo v3 bumper while the sideskirts and rear were vertex (lets just say for example's sake.) Would you still question the car to be rice or not because it was running a in-house "aftermarket" bumper that it did not come with from the factory?

Thats like saying everyone on this forum including myself who are running nismo v2 parts is rice, because the nismo v2 was only offered in japan not in the u.s. So would that make them rice because they are "faking the funk" by trying to be a JDM nismo Z? Me personally...I don't think so.
Again, does not apply to what I was talking about. The V2 was offered as an aftermarket part from Nismo. It was never a body kit that the Z came with from the factory as part of a "better performing" Z. By people rocking the V2 front on USDM Z, is part of the "JDM" theme of obtaining parts that originated from Japan. As for the OP using mix and match body parts, then no I wouldn't have posed the question. It doesn't matter which body parts he chose (Nismo vs Vertex), I posed the question because the OP's Z, though not a Nismo Z, looks like one.

If thats not enough, how about 240sx's with sr20det swaps, and front end conversions from the usdm front end to the JDM s13 front end. Would you consider that to be rice because the 240sx owner is trying to make his car look like a Silvia s13 that was never offered to the US?
Again, not the same. Those are engine swaps of a motor that probably should have come in the S chassis anyways. Not really "faking" anything there. As for front end conversions. Again it's a style preference. I liked the JDM S13 front end better than the USDM front end, but it's still the same car.
I'll use my car as example here. I have it badged a Fairlady Z. Was there a difference between a USDM '05 Entusiast 350Z vs a Fairlady Z in Japan? I wasn't aware of one. Again, it's just part of the "JDM" theme of my car.

The OP didn't do a conversion on his USDM Z into a Z that was only available in Japan. He added parts from a "higher" model Z offered here in the States onto a regular Z. See the difference.

I'm not saying it was wrong. He liked the Nismo Z styling, who can blame him. I do to. Could he build a better Z than the Nismo Z, maybe. I'm in the same boat as him. I didn't get a track edition Z because I knew I'd be changing everything out anyway, so why pay for the higher model. The OP feels he can build a better Z than the Nismo, but liked the look so he went this route. I was just curious if the car community would perceive adding body parts that were from a "higher" model Z on to a "regular" Z the same as badging a Civic DX as a Type R.

The comment about comparing the op's car to rota's with volk stickers on it is just irrelevant. If the op were to slap on a fake stamp with a number and try to pass it as a real nismo with a fake limited edition stamp on it, then I could see the comparison between the two. But the way it is now, no....

I am simply putting in my 2 cents, and have no connection to drift zz or ghost_shift, besides the fact that i've admired both of their cars, and that their cars helped me make exterior decisions for my car
This was a bad example, cause I'm sure the OP wasn't trying to pass his Z off a Nismo Z. But I never said he was.

Again, I don't hate what the OP did and I'm not hating on him. If anyone is wondering, I put things like higher or better in quotations when refering to the Nismo Z, because that's what Nissan wanted the public to percieve that model, not neccesarily my opinion.

Last edited by MethodRN; 06-23-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 AM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isnt the nismo kit offered by thenismoshop.com and or mynismo.com? dealership shops. They are offered with all the aftermarket body kits. I highly doubt nissan would have a problem with non nismo Z's having these parts or they'd only be exclusive to nismo edition Z's
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
DRIFT ZZ

METHODRN, Using the analogy of puting a Civic type R emblem on a DX is a poor comparison toward the point you are trying to make...In the civic's case a type R is a comlpelety different motor and trans, almost race bred in comparison to the dx, not to mention the suspension differences..= VERY RICE !!...In the Nismo Z's case, I have the same year, HR motor, trans, hood, and light pkg, and no HP advantage..!! THe Nismo being only really superior in AERODYNAMICS, and Handling/braking !! So we are very similar to begin with, not apart like a DX vs Type-R !!! Ya feel me bro.?? Now if I had an 03-05 Z with a DE motor, and i installed a nismo kit, it would be a closer anology on being RICE !! But not in my case, I can easily surpass a genuine Nismo, since I now have the same Aero advantage !! With a 6-8 piston BBK, a GTM bolt on turbo kit and some more chassis braces and sway bars, i'll be in GTR territory suddenly, IF I CAN KEEP IT GOING STRAIGHT ! ....Notice in my sig a call my Z a V3 HYBRID !! (lol)
Just my .02 cents as the OP !!
Hughie...PSL, FL

Last edited by DRIFT ZZ; 06-23-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Jsin69

I would have to agree, using the comparison of putting a type r badge on a civic dx is completely different and is a bad example of what is being discussed here. That analogy of a type r badge on a civic dx is like what I discussed earlier about a 240sx with a front end conversion. They are both very different from each other, from the motor, transmission, ect...

if you still insist that the 240sx and silvia are still the same cars, then what about 240sx's that have a s15 front end conversions? would it be considered rice if a 240sx had a s15 conversion with sr20det swap and the whole shabang? A lot of the 240sx owners do it and do it very well, and they all don't consider it rice.

JDM parts aside there are also a lot of 89 - 94 240sx owners who do 95 - 98 usdm front end conversions and still do not consider it being rice.

There are also a lot of WRX owners who run a bunch of STI parts, and EVO owners with a lot of EVO MR parts, and is not considered to be rice.

You said yourself METHODRN that by you putting on a fairlady Z badge on a usdm 350z would just be a "JDM Theme" and not rice because the Z and usdm Z are the same car. But the type R civic and a civic dx are completely different cars

Quick Reply: Nismo v3 kit with spoiler and v2 sides sitting on black volk gt-s..finally done !!