Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:32 PM
GeRR an GeRRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have any pics of red seats inside silverstone
Old 09-30-2003, 08:00 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

adam, send me some seats so i can sit in them and test them out.

also, how do we find mounts for the seats?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:43 AM
old_s13

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
Sparco is a show seat? While that might be so, I don't think any more so than Recaro or Bride is (both of which we also sell). They are "show" pieces for those that use them as such, and "purposeful" pieces for others - thats all a matter of perception. Too many true race cars on this planet use Sparco seats, so its definately not a show only type deal!

Adam
I am just not a fan of the quality of their products. Sure, they are being "used" in plenty of sports/race cars.. I am not saying their products are useless. I just prefer other brands. Most OEM applications tend to stick with Recaro for their seats, Recaro has a very respectable name in the industry.

The same goes for lighting, you see plenty of PIAA lamps being used in rally applications but I dont consider PIAA a quality lighting company -- HELLA on the other hand, is just top notch.

Oh well, everyone has their preferences.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

I had my seats redone with Katzkin leather (red/black) and was happy with the results. That said, after sitting in some Sparcos (I believe Torinos) I wish I had waited and gone that route.

There's a pretty good gallery of seat pictures at 350Zonline.com.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:44 PM
jackwhale

GeRR an GeRRR: If you want to put a harness in your car, then you should have seats that have the proper holes in the back to keep them in place. I think that the stock Z seats are great but they wouldn't work well with a harness. Of course if you want a harness then a roll bar...etc, etc.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mounts are easy to do - Sparco has a revised one coming out next month that we'll have (had some issues with the early units, new ones are lighter too), Bride already has them.

Recaro is definately top notch - its what I use in my "other" Z (aka "the fast one"!)
Old 10-01-2003, 08:36 PM
JPizzle

old_s13, you're about the same size as me (I'm 5'7" 130lb) so I value your opinion on seats, do they sell the r32 seats anywhere or do you just ned to buy them from a skyline owner? And also, what do you mean that the bride seats "pinched" you?
adam- can you e-mail me a price list of seats to jpbunkeredu@hotmail.com
Old 10-01-2003, 09:43 PM
GeRR an GeRRR

after looking looking at some pics, I dont know what color to get, silverstone is really hard to match with. The best thing I can think of is black and silver seats with red harness.

Any ideas.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

black, grey, red - all would look nice on silverstone IMHO.

I'll get you a list of seats tomorrow, no sweat - there are tons of options out there.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:06 PM
GeRR an GeRRR

cooooooooool!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:33 AM
old_s13

For shizzle, JPizzle... the Bride seats I sat in were really uncomfortable, they pinched my SPINE. I really dont know how to describe it, maybe it was just that particular seat.. that particular car.. I dont know, all I can say is research before you buy. You have to SIT in the seat, before you can make that final decision. Its just like buying a bed, IMO.

"do they sell the r32 seats anywhere or do you just ned to buy them from a skyline owner?"

Well, I first off.. I dont have a Z33.. I have an S13. So, getting seats which fit snug with this chassis isnt exactly easy because the floorboard is uneven. This is a curse and a blessing. Its bad because finding sliders/brackets to support aftermarket seats isnt exactly easy as they tend to sit HIGHER than the stock seat, not good considering my big head is really close to hitting the roof.. hehe. The good thing is, most lowlives wont get much if they steal my seats because they for sure, wont bolt up with any other car other than a 240SX or Skyline.

Skyline seats are not exactly easy to attain, but there are places that import them.. they typically run $600/pair used. Not bad for high quality seats, but they are USED.. and condition really varies. I am sure with some skills you can install them in a Z33, but I dont think many Z owners will be doing this. I would imagine a set of new Recaros would be a much easier and better choice, plus they are new.

Color wise, I think black seats are the way to go. As for harnesses, get some black Schroth harnesses.. they have silver writing. In my car, the R32 seats are dark grey suede material with a lighter grey middle. I use the schroth harnesses, they look great. I'll see if I can snap any pics.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:14 AM
LS1RX7

I would not choose Sparcos, Mine became extremely faded after only 2 months. Go with recaros or brides
Old 10-10-2003, 01:48 AM
VeilSdeGTO

Why do you want these seats. If it's just something to upgrade, not really for show... sparco's are probably what you want. Not too pricey, still an aftermarket seat, and they're kinda nice.

If you want a reclinable racing syle seat, Recaro SRD's are the most popular. You can also attach a 5pt harness to them. If you want a bucket racing seat, I'd recommend the Recaro Pole Positions. Those are what I have. They are actually really comfortable!

Bride seats are more pricey. If you are just lookin for aftermarket seats, they may not be the way to go. If its your daily, it might be too much wear and tear on an expensive seat.

Sparco<Recaro<Bride IMO.

Last edited by VeilSdeGTO; 10-10-2003 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:06 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by GeRR an GeRRR
agreed, your seats do look good in your Z, but I am unsure about a fixed seat, I like to lean my seat back a lil bit.

Anyone know how to die your dash, I would like to leave the top black and change the bottom to red. BUT dont want it to look trashy
i believe our sponsor elegant wood design can do this for you.

http://www.elegantwooddesign.com
Old 10-11-2003, 08:06 AM
old_s13

Originally posted by VeilSdeGTO Sparco<Recaro<Bride IMO. [/B]
Bride just RECENTLY started getting all the attention ever since this lame "JDM" trend started popping up. I remember years ago when no one even understood what BRIDE was, they were just expensive. Now that everything has to be imported from Japan, all the super expensive tuners are being recognized as if they are selling gold.

Recaro on the otherhand, has not only been used in OEM applications but has been around for MANY years. People were rockin Recaro's in the 80s! I wonder when they first started business, I cant recall.