Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN: M1Autosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Well there are always alternatives, you might be paying a bit of a higher price for authentic products ordering from places like intense, vividracing or bulletproof but they seem to value their reputations a bit more and their guys have never given people the runaround on this forum.

I had an argument with my friend over the justification of replicas vs authentic parts, his argument was supporting the company that invested the original R&D on the product, my argument was why should I pay a premium for something that will get f'ed up with similar wear and tear after a few trips down the highway.

Generally speaking the top vendors on here are the ones that push authentic parts and have a far greater reputation with the community to maintain. I will only buy authentic, not because I care whose pocket i fill but generally because i don't want to deal with the headache of having to followup every few days and chase someone around for my product while I'm at the office. Is it worth the premium to have your product delivered within the promised timeframe and not have horrific fitment problems? Well thats your own choice, but it really is rolling the dice, some people have great experiences some not so great.

Exactly, thus another incentive to buy authentic. Bottom line is, MANY vendors carry the authentics, and you can get them anywhere...including local shops in your area. This is the reason those online companies who sell only authentics must strive harder to please their customers...because you could just as easily go down the street and pick one up from a local, or one of the hundreds of other online vendors that carry them.

When dealing with replica's, such worries as fittment narrow your search in an already limited choice on who you buy from so much, that your left with only a few shops. Thus, either learn how to deal with some runaround and more work on your part, or just buy authentic.

For me, the extra time and work is far less valuable than the hundreds more i would pay for authentic, and if fittment is good (which it is here) and seeing as how on the V2 the replica is FRP just the same as the authentic, the choice is obvious. I mean we are talking a difference in some $600-700 btw the real deal and the replica, when both are made of the same material. That difference is WELL worth my extra time and effort...but to each his own.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^couldn't said it better myself. I will have my friend paying M1 a visit today. We'll see how things go.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
^couldn't said it better myself. I will have my friend paying M1 a visit today. We'll see how things go.
See, and i am currently (today) trying to get ahold of ANYONE at M1 to ensure my bumper will be shipped out today, as they stated it would last week. I cant get ahold of anyone by phone, and ive sent a couple emails and PM's this morning.

Now i wait. Nothing more i can do. Still worth the 600-700 i saved.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
na_350z

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Bro, it's a car part. I understand you paid for it, but it's not like this is some kind of mission critical component that's going to keep food out of your kid's mouth until it gets delivered.

They dropped the ball on your order. It happens. Deal with it. I think we understand your issue by now.
That's a pretty lame excuse bro. It wouldn't matter if it's a critical component or not... you paid for it. It's like saying I'm paying to have my oil changed done but it wont happen until 1 month from now.

I have respect for Peter because he willingly offered to help, but in all honesty I will never go back to M1 (Yes, I'm the guy who gave them a good review in the socal section). I had my BBK installed at their shop and needless to say, they installed the brake lines incorrectly (have pics to prove it) and my tires chewed up the lines. Heading down teh 91 and brakes failed wasn't good. I slammed into the embankment since the 91 came to a complete stop. Had to have the car towed 50 miles to my house . I pulled the rims off after noticing Brake Fluid all over my garage floor and noticed the huge gash on the brake lines. Peter offered to help gave me Rays number at the shop but he failed to provide any service. Stated the car needed to be at his shop but would not pick up the tab for the Towing. He said he'd call be back and never did. Took it upon myself to correct someone's mistake and ordered and installed everything myself. Now my wheel is ruined and worse off could have killed someone or myself if I didn't react quickly.

As far as M1's service I thought I had found a shop that I could trust taking my car too, after this issue not looking so good. I do have to say that Peter will take care of you and it was a great experience until now but to the OP I hope the issue is resolved and I know Peter is not out there to scam anyone.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
GeauxLadyZ

DAYAMM SON, your pretty nice for having been almost smooshed thanks to an improper brake install. I would be PISSED!!

I didnt know M1 did other work besides body?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

This isn't the first (nowhere near first) thread about M1's customer service on our forum nor will it be the last.

Last time I checked, they "hired" a member of this forum (d****l) to take care of some of the mess that they couldn't handle. I like how much was accomplished by doing so.

Like Showstoppers/Mastergrade, I'm pretty sure some of M1's employees (and I'm assuming some other shops like this one) work out of their house. If that's the case, then of course you know they're going to lie out of their asses about what's in stock and what was shipped and whatever else they can think of to get and hold your money.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by na_350z
Heading down teh 91 and brakes failed wasn't good. I slammed into the embankment since the 91 came to a complete stop.
WTF...how fast were you going when that happened?..I woulda thought that would have totalled your car..
Old 07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys here is a pic that I promised.... one of the best fitting kits I've seen...

Last edited by Blck350z; 07-07-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: I cannot spell :icon22:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Changvi

Originally Posted by Blck350z
Hey guys here is a pic that I promised.... one of the best fitting kits I've scene...

Really??
Old 07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
na_350z

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
DAYAMM SON, your pretty nice for having been almost smooshed thanks to an improper brake install. I would be PISSED!!

I didnt know M1 did other work besides body?
I was pissed... but I've gone thru worst so I just put it behind me and moved on. You'd think they would take care of the situation as if nothing ever happened after dropping 5k at M1, but they began to question me as if I had a motive and did this purposely. They wouldn't even cover the $89 for the brake lines. I told Peter that I wouldn't blast them on the forums until I felt cheated. So therefore the story continues...

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
WTF...how fast were you going when that happened?..I woulda thought that would have totalled your car..
I was going 70mph by the 71. Cars came to a complete stop due to an accident up ahead (the reason I know is because I saw the cops and ambulance racing down the emergency lane). I slammed on my brakes but the brake pedal went straight to the floor. I looked to the right of me and merged quickly to the emergency lane while downshifting and pulled teh e-brake. I came to a stop when I hit the embankment. The only thing that was messed up was my rim that hit pretty hard. When pulling teh e-brake slowed me down to 5-10mphs which I then hit. After the inspection it seemed that only 1 brake line was ripped open by the tire and the other brake line was worn by the tire but it did not puncture the brake line. This led me to believe that there was enough pressure in the system to slow me down a little bit but once the pressure was released through the hole that was created the pedal fell to the floor. Whatever it was... It slowed me down a bit but not enough to come to a complete stop without pulling the e-brake.

Last edited by na_350z; 07-06-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
See, and i am currently (today) trying to get ahold of ANYONE at M1 to ensure my bumper will be shipped out today, as they stated it would last week. I cant get ahold of anyone by phone, and ive sent a couple emails and PM's this morning.

Now i wait. Nothing more i can do. Still worth the 600-700 i saved.

Still waiting...still nothing.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Blck350z
Hey guys here is a pic that I promised.... one of the best fitting kits I've scene...

Looks good! Ya but "scene"? That was a pretty bad one...
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Blck350z

Egh... I admit, I failed at that one

Edit: "seen"

Still they offer a very nice kit at a very reasonable price
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
ATL_Red_G35

UPDATE: Thanks to a special member, I was able to get in contact with M1 GM, David. He got things under control and I've received the shipment today. There are 2 missing pieces, and his team is working on getting that resolved for me ASAP.

David also guaranteed me that they're just Remodeling and there's nothing to be worried about. He also apologized about the delay. They're working constantly on fulfilling orders and such.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Blackheart

What is davids number? I have been waiting on a claim for a month now since my bumper came in damaged. I have called but no one answers @ 626-442-3356.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Read previous posts...thats because they are remodeling the shop. So they are either working out of sister body shop or out of houses. Try Peter's cell phone, he will take care of you.

Now was just a REALLY bad time for you to make a claim im sure with all the crap they are doing over there. I hear you though, i know its sucks **** waiting... and just because they are remodeling doesnt mean you should have to wait longer for your stuff.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:23 PM
GeauxLadyZ

So now dSpiel is banned ?!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
indoZ

why was dspiel banned? Anyone know his number? I bought some stuff from him and now I don't know how to reach him.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Contact anyone at M1, they will know how to get ahold of him.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
na_350z

Originally Posted by indoZ
why was dspiel banned? Anyone know his number? I bought some stuff from him and now I don't know how to reach him.
Everyone at M1 that was on here was banned. Maybe they didn't pay the bill