Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

ClearCorners.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009 | 08:26 PM
red_magic2000

Default ClearCorners.com

Was checking this out http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350zx3/h_lamp2/ Clearcorners does outstanding work on the headlights for the Z only problem is that they charge more than $1000 for the conversion. That seems somewhat outrageous especially when when there is the DIY for the CCFL halo rings. I would really like to have clearcorners do this conversion, but its pricey. Now if the price was $500, that seems more feasable for me and other members here on the forum. Has anyone here attempted to do the halo conversion using LEDS just like clearcorners.com has? I'm hoping to get some of you electrical wizards (ie SAMR350z and his awesome work with the LED blinkers on the rear of the Z https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...al-350z-6.html) to help us, average joes on this conversion. I was studying the pics on the link and it seems like an easy DIY, expect for the fact that I don't know what size of LED they are using, what type as far as a flat LED or an LED bulb, and where to get the actual LED strips. I'm willing to bite the bullet and try to make a DIY but I need to get the supplies first. I'm not an expert on automotive electronics, but do know enough to conduct a project like this.
Old 07-17-2009 | 02:20 AM
duro78

diy...and take your time. just dont f*** it up
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:32 AM
only350z

Way damn too expensive and not worth it...
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:38 AM
yahh

I have afriend who had his done by CinCity.It looked good but I think $400-500 is too much =/
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:55 AM
crg914

Definitely do-able. Not exaclty the same as clearcorners.com but I think they turned out pretty nice

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...ve-diyftw.html

There may be some helpful info in that thread, I don't honestly remember. I just know I had it locked because it turned into a flame fest.
Old 07-19-2009 | 11:14 AM
World Famous Z

Originally Posted by only350z
Way damn too expensive and not worth it...

Actually you get what you pay for.

Clear Corners does the best work out there. He even warranties his work.
Every build comes with a spec sheet so that not only he, but YOU the buyer knows exactly what was done. He's shown me step by step how he makes his conversions and there isn't a single soul out there who does it better.

Everyone thinks other companies such as sin city etc do great work, but they don't have an OEM fit and finish. If you're local in the so cal area, and are interested in a conversion, I urge you to stop by Clear Corners and see how he does what he does.

The shop is like a clean room, everything spic and span, clean as can be. He's very meticulous about dust and dirt contamination in the lights etc... The LEDs, resistors, wires etc are all top of the line. His wiring is like OEM.

Also, the tools he has are not what others use. He doesn't just use a heat gun, glue or cheap epoxy and an oven. He can even make his own lenses, and plastic filler for certain lights that is exactly the same stuff OEM manufactuerers use.

I can go on and on, but like I said, you get what you pay for.
don't knock the seemingly high price, there's not a single company out there that can compare.