Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little help painting emblems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 PM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help painting emblems...

Hey guys,

I just debaged my car today, just the 350z that is. It looks pretty sweet IMO. I think it makes the car more balanced when you look at it. My next project is to paint the rear Nissan hamburger black. I am trying to get the Jade Black look (not so much the black pearl). I was wondering does anyone have any advice on how to do this? Or have any pictures of anything similar like this being done? I was just seeing if anyone could help me through this process because I have no clue how to go about sanding or painting the emblem so it doesn't look trashy. And I have no idea on what paint to use to make this still look like a quality emblem.

Also, after I debaged the 350z emblem there was a faint resemblance of the 350z letters. I used the bug and tar remover a few times, washed the car, then waxed the spot and that made it seem alot less noticable. Did anyone do anything differently when they debaged their cars?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Old 07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
BlueZ33

once you remove the emblem, take a 300 grit sand paper or about 400 to sand it all down. when sanding make sure its done evenly or you will see them when you paint. but once the sanding is done, clean the emblems with a prep solvent and then prime them. once you let them dry for the prescribed time go ahead and paint them the color you want. let them dry and then install.
gl and have fun

i did it to my 03 and now im doing it to my 08
Old 07-18-2009, 07:26 PM
VQpoweredZ

^^thanks do you have any pictures of how your emblems came out? And when I say I have no idea, I really mean no idea. Your just sand with your hand with this sandpaper? and a prep solvent would be available at a Home Depot correct?
Old 07-18-2009, 08:01 PM
BlueZ33

yeah you can get the sand paper at the depot, but the solvent prep i would get at advance auto or autozone. you could use automotive scuff pads instead, just pay attention as to which ones you get, they have different levels of scuffing. light, medium, and heavy, i think.
i cant find a pic of the emblems painted

Last edited by BlueZ33; 07-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.