Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
joaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatherstripping

I found a piece of weatherstripping that is pulling away from the a-pillar (I think it's called a-pillar - it's the piece of metal above the side windows and the weatherstripping goes between it and the roof...Here's a link to a pic I found in another thread thanks to POWERSLIDIN for posting that pic...It's the A section in his picture.).

Im only at 2800 miles on my 08, so I took it to the dealership. They will replace it, but just like I read in the other thread, they require replacing the entire panel as the weatherstripping is glued to the panel.

Here's the catch, it comes unpainted, and my local Nissan dealership doesn't have a paint shop. So, I get to take my car to my dealership, they will then drive it 35 miles to the one with the paint shop (my wife hates the thoughts of that hehe) and then it will be put on, drove back. The service lady says there is no guarantee that the color will 100% match since it is impossible to 'recreate' the exact mixture of my BW5 code as it was the day it was painted in the factory. The mechanic there told me if it was him, he would just glue it back on and not take that chance. The service lady said I could do that without screwing up my warranty if I want to. I stopped and bought some 3m weatherstripping glue at Oreilly's on the way home.

Long winded story aside, is the 3M glue a permanent enough fix or should I chance the brand new pillar? Ive not glued it yet....no point if Im gonna let the dealership deal with it.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Have the dealership repair it correctly if its still under warranty.

BTW- The A-pillar is the piece that is from the top of the door to the hood, the B-pillar is pillar next to the door handle.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:04 PM
joaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Thanks for the correction. I will let the dealership fix it!