Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Hit my door pretty bad-> Get CF Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009 | 08:11 AM
klaze1

hi hater, I SAID I WAS CONSIDERING, damn people get all crazy over A QUESTION, why are you so concerned? dont got input to give me, stfu, and stick to reading. Now i know the pro's and con's to CF vs OEM, thanks. Anyone has something else to say let me know, other than that I will let you guys know what I decide to do.
Old 08-05-2009 | 08:16 AM
nspec

how bad is the damage? u can probably PDR it out
Old 08-05-2009 | 08:23 AM
klaze1

you know what last time i paid 900 for him to pop out the dents + repaint, and he didnt do a good job at all, this time i think the door is in worse condition, and it looks like where it was previously bondoed it cracked, of course I wouldnt take it to the same person, is there any place where i would be able to buy just that outer layer maybe, or do you guys think a body shop would be able to repair, ill take pics today and put em up tomorrow. Pretty much where the door has that kind of V has been flattened lol, and some other scratches.

Last edited by klaze1; 08-05-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2009 | 08:32 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Carbon fiber doors = you die.
Old 08-05-2009 | 08:56 AM
ChanceWarren

Let im do it. Get the carbon, dude. Better you die getting t-boned than killing some family cuz you were driving drunk.

Seriously. I'm all for the carbon doors.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:06 AM
klaze1

i drove drunk for about 2 blocks, but yeah, i know i shouldnt have done it, I AM PAYING FOR IT NOW, and dont act like you've never driven drunk mr. chance warren, **** happens. I think im gonna have to just suck it up and end up fixing the door again.

Last edited by klaze1; 08-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:10 AM
FineWine

Originally Posted by klaze1
i drove drunk for about 2 blocks, but yeah, i know i shouldnt have done it, I AM PAYING FOR IT NOW, and dont act like you've never driven drunk mr. chance warren, **** happens.

The fact that you're admitting it on the internet to a community of 350z worshipers as if it's not a big deal, and asking people to help you because of it, is a testament to your idiocy more than the fact that you had a drink and got into a car.

And some people don't even drink, let alone drink enough to hit their own garage while pulling in...so don't play that card if you want compassion. Lastly, no one cares that YOU'RE paying for it, we care that SOMEONE ELSE could have paid for it.

With that said, you're obviously not as careful as you should be, and definitely don't have a garage queen, so carbon fiber doors is a horrible idea.

Last edited by FineWine; 08-05-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:12 AM
ChanceWarren

I never have. And if you're obtuse enough to think any one of us is likely to have made the same mistake as you, you haven't learned your lesson well enough. And probably won't until you hurt somebody.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:33 AM
klaze1

First off im asking for peoples opinions and i got it, second, im not saying its ok to drink and drive, or trying to justify anything? but i did it, and its done with, and like i said, now i am paying for it. Now whether or not i learned my lesson is something i have to deal with, and its most definitely not your problem, so dont act like you give two ***** about what COULD have happened, just be glad it didnt. I am not looking for compassion in any sort of way, simply looking for the cheapest way to get my door fixed, or replaced. THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION FINEWINE
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:50 AM
ChanceWarren

It isn't what didn't happen that concerns me, but what hasn't happened yet. Sell your car and go get some help. I'm not joking.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:53 AM
klaze1

I am gonna seriously take what you say into consideration after i fix the door, and when i get a chance.
Old 08-05-2009 | 09:56 AM
FineWine

dont act like you give two ***** about what COULD have happened
Something tells me you're going to get carbon fiber doors.
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:00 AM
StreetOC192

Why not just remove your doors and ride around "Jeep Wrangler" style?

Boy, this thread makes me very glad I'm on the opposite side of the country from klaze1
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:06 AM
klaze1

lol alright man, well ill let you know what i end up doing since you seem so concerned
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:13 AM
ChanceWarren

Originally Posted by StreetOC192

Boy, this thread makes me very glad I'm on the opposite side of the country from klaze1
Damn he's only a stones throw from me! I'm staying far away from any ppw 07 Zs I see...
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:15 AM
FineWine

I'm going to put a real opinion in here, since other lives are involved.

You claim it's not a DD, but you claim your girlfriend rides with you (enough to be concerned about the AC).

If you end up buying carbon fiber doors, which in itself is a horrible idea in your situation, don't EVER EVER EVER let someone else ride with you, or drive your car. EVER.

I pray that you fully understand why I am telling you this.
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:31 AM
klaze1

Originally Posted by FineWine
I'm going to put a real opinion in here, since other lives are involved.

You claim it's not a DD, but you claim your girlfriend rides with you (enough to be concerned about the AC).

If you end up buying carbon fiber doors, which in itself is a horrible idea in your situation, don't EVER EVER EVER let someone else ride with you, or drive your car. EVER.

I pray that you fully understand why I am telling you this.
lol, alright, I understand completely, and it was clear to me through the posts of the other people keeping this thread on topic at first. Most likely I will not buy carbon fiber doors do to the lack of safety of course and the amount of money id have to invest just to make it safe defeats the purpose of this post. Cali is hot, especially where I stay, so yes she complains, i drive most of the time on weekends, and usually we go places that are far, so yes it gets hot........ and when we go out to a place where i know im going to drink, plain and simple, she drives.
Old 08-05-2009 | 10:32 AM
michaeljr6

rip klaze and the victims he will hit
Old 08-05-2009 | 11:36 AM
Evilmexicaninus

^^ +1
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:01 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

lol, alright, I understand completely, and it was clear to me through the posts of the other people keeping this thread on topic at first. Most likely I will not buy carbon fiber doors do to the lack of safety of course and the amount of money id have to invest just to make it safe defeats the purpose of this post. Cali is hot, especially where I stay, so yes she complains, i drive most of the time on weekends, and usually we go places that are far, so yes it gets hot........ and when we go out to a place where i know im going to drink, plain and simple, she drives.
Oh but you are asking these questions?

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...internals.html

Quick Reply: Hit my door pretty bad-> Get CF Doors?