Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riceroni?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL at the advertisement below this thread about ricers being for the new Mustang.

Last edited by Waiz; 03-29-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
loudrims_inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *ICE*

that "in-between rice" rx8 looks hot to me but thats just IMO

btw...it says "ICE" on back bumper, is that your ride? haha

Last edited by loudrims_inc; 08-06-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
davboy

I came in here looking for the San Francisco treat
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That white 300zx with the carbon fiber hood in the "rice" pic.... CLEAN AS HELL.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
zman1982

I like the way examples of CLEAN in the RICE thread show german cars LOL.

Buy gay **** that is cheap knock off junk, APR wings for cars that do not have at least 500hp, etc... The list can go on and on, I find it hard to believe anyone can like 50 lbs of assorted vinyl pasted all over their car. All that i for is attention, if you CAN'T build your car for you get out of the community. If you need a car to impress girls or be liked you have bigger issues.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 PM
jdhuegel1

10 years ago I had a black Integra GSR.. Stock body, 18" Gewalt Evolution wheels, Ground control coilovers, and a built motor and turbo. Nothing fancy, but would run low 12's all day. I got called a "ricer" every time I embarrassed somebody.

Personally, I think the whole "rice" crap is completely overrated and outdated. Seriously. Sure, I love looking at cars and thinking to myself "WTF was that guy thinking?" but - maybe that guy looks back at me the same way.

It's a car. Do what you want with it. Drive it. It's getting old seeing the same old cars posted all over the internet with "rice" this and "rice" that. Who cares...

Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 AM
ChanceWarren

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
thinking to myself "WTF was that guy thinking?" but - maybe that guy looks back at me the same way.

It's a car. Do what you want with it. Drive it. It's getting old seeing the same old cars posted all over the internet with "rice" this and "rice" that. Who cares...

This has been my basic philosophy for the past six years.

Also, I'd like to point out how interesting it is that Ice's definition of Ricer doesn't seem to jive with others. I also took note of the fact that all his "clean" cars were either expensive or European and didn't appear to have much by way of mods besides 20" wheels and a sticker on the windshield. There were a couple--including the rx8--that I thought he might have graded a bit harshly.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by ChanceWarren
This has been my basic philosophy for the past six years.

Also, I'd like to point out how interesting it is that Ice's definition of Ricer doesn't seem to jive with others. I also took note of the fact that all his "clean" cars were either expensive or European and didn't appear to have much by way of mods besides 20" wheels and a sticker on the windshield. There were a couple--including the rx8--that I thought he might have graded a bit harshly.
well i didn't mean to call 300zx rice, come on now, those two in the background are. Those pics are from a local car show for VW and such and those clean car was pretty much German and some Japs. The RX-8 however was borderline rice, which is still nice and clean nontherless but if it has a few more mods like huge wings or crazy body kit, it would be consider rice in my book.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
loudrims_inc

Talking rice formula (e=mc2)

well i didn't mean to call 300zx rice, come on now, those two in the background are. Those pics are from a local car show for VW and such and those clean car was pretty much German and some Japs. The RX-8 however was borderline rice, which is still nice and clean nontherless but if it has a few more mods like huge wings or crazy body kit, it would be consider rice in my book.
keyword: IF = it does not at the current time, therefore, not considered rice.
WOULD = if the definition above was true, then it would be considered rice but its not, therefore, no rice.

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
10 years ago I had a black Integra GSR.. Stock body, 18" Gewalt Evolution wheels, Ground control coilovers, and a built motor and turbo. Nothing fancy, but would run low 12's all day. I got called a "ricer" every time I embarrassed somebody.

Personally, I think the whole "rice" crap is completely overrated and outdated. Seriously. Sure, I love looking at cars and thinking to myself "WTF was that guy thinking?" but - maybe that guy looks back at me the same way.

EDIT: Deinition of Ricer(wikipedia) - Variations are rice rocket (used mostly but not exclusively for Japanese motorcycles), rice machine, rice grinder or simply ricer. The terms can be targeted at cars which have been modified to give a false impression of high performance, but not actually capable of impressive performance. The term is not used for European-made vehicles that make a false pretense of being high-performance; only those from regions where the population is presumed to subsist on a diet of rice.

source: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=39524688
x1000! end of the day WE ARE ALL RICERS LIKE IT OR NOT!!! everyones differant and has differant taste and views on differant mods or oem parts, i may like this or that on my car where as another guy wont so its just rice to him! like the guy in this thread! he has a picture of a penguin on his bonnet. i dont like it. but some do, and he does and its his car so he may do as he pleases, no matter what you put on to your car its gonna be rice anyway cause some people just arent going to like it!!

Last edited by loudrims_inc; 08-07-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

In for pics of the CF hooded 300Z
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by zerafian
In for pics of the CF hooded 300Z
yea that Z was pretty nice.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Dräma

I think more than anything

Rice = Scrub

IE:
Massive Wheel Gap
Body Kits with Stock Wheels
Partial Body kits
Unpainted Body Kits
and most mods that are >$50
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Dräma

i guess to add to my above post...if you are going to go big with something visually loud to your car...you shouldnt treat it any different than other things in your life.

When i added my deck onto my house, i didnt build a platform and not add rails or stairs. imo if you are going to do it, do it so it functions all together properly when you do decide to do it. Bodykit/Paint/Wheels/Suspension if you are gonna go that route.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
FineWine

Originally Posted by Ruff_Racer
The terms can be targeted at cars which have been modified to give a false impression of high performance, but not actually capable of impressive performance.

WE ARE ALL RICERS LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

Wat.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by FineWine
Wat.
"False impression of high performance"...

...example: someone who uses a massive spoiler on there 180HP vehicle, thinking they add more HP doing so...

EDIT: E.G.

Last edited by loudrims_inc; 08-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
FineWine

But you followed that up with "we're all ricers". Hince the "wat."
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by FineWine
But you followed that up with "we're all ricers". Hince the "wat."
LMAO...my bad, that was a statement from the Honda guys, i just thought it was funny!!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 PM
marcus sanders

Those cars in the pictures werent rice. Their is nothing wrong with bodykits,spoilers,custom graphics or paint jobs. Rice is the fart can exhuast,unpainted bodykits,fake turbo emblems and half painted cars those are rice.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 PM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to tell the guys with under 500hp and an APR wing that their cars are rice!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Actually I would laugh at that RX8 just the way it is, I mean seriously.......was the owner straight off the boat from Japan? Better yet, was the owner even of Japanese decent? Either way, it looks like crap to me.........stickers, regardless of what they depict, are just stupid. Well, sponsor stickers that are mandatory for you to get money or parts from them are okay. Otherwise, cars should be sticker free. But hey, free world, their cars to do with as they please, doesn't mean I won't point and laugh.

Quick Reply: Riceroni?