Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Authentic Nismo v2 discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:30 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
We know because we sell it. We are a parts vendor in case you were not aware.
No kidding? They really should give you guys some kind of designation by your name that says "Sponsor" or something...that would help me designate who is who around here.

Keep in mind, cheif, that when one vendor is telling me one thing and another vendor something else...i, as a consumer, dont know who to believe...so take this into account before you reply with some "all omnipotent" response that means nothing to me...just fill me in with the facts like your counterpart below.

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I cannot speak for what other vendor(s) have told you. All I know is what NISMO tells me directly
Thank you for the legit answer. Thats strange that many other vendors label it as discontinued, and Nissan dealers tell me its been discontinued. Perhaps just lack of sales on the peice....not sure.

On a side note, theres also talk that the V2 spoiler has been discontinued as well...is this true or false?

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 08-16-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not checked on the spoiler in the past 30 days, but when they are stopping production on such parts, we are usually told. Our contact knows we all have Z's in house, so he does his best to keep me updated.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
GeauxLadyZ

I have not checked on the spoiler in the past 30 days, but when they are stopping production on such parts, we are usually told. Our contact knows we all have Z's in house, so he does his best to keep me updated.
I truly hope not as this was one of the spoilers i was considering. It really doesnt make sense that Nismo would discontinue such items, seeing as how the 350 is barely one generation old.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
No kidding? They really should give you guys some kind of designation by your name that says "Sponsor" or something...that would help me designate who is who around here
I assume this was sarcasm...

On a side note, theres also talk that the V2 spoiler has been discontinued as well...is this true or false?
Not to step on Z1's toes, but I'm pretty sure this WAS discontinued. I remember reading about how Japan said this spoiler could not be used on the car anymore because it blocked too much of the rear view on the car, hence the V3 version that came out on the Nismo version in 2007-2008. At least that is what I remember reading somewhere.

Last edited by Armitage; 08-17-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Armitage

Not to step on Z1's toes, but I'm pretty sure this WAS discontinued. I remember reading about how Japan said this spoiler could not be used on the car anymore because it blocked too much of the rear view on the car, hence the V3 version that came out on the Nismo version in 2007-2008. At least that is what I remember reading somewhere.
a revised version has been out for over a year that conformed to the laws. The V3 spoiler is a separate piece altogether
Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

a revised version has been out for over a year that conformed to the laws. The V3 spoiler is a separate piece altogether
Ahh, I did not know that. I thought it was just outright discontinued. That's why I like the guys over at Z1.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:54 AM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so....has the v2 front bumper been discontinued? If not who's selling them bc my replica m1auto is just crap with fitting and quality. I scrapped coming out of a friends driveway and the lip cracked in the middle and on the sides where the plastic fender wheel well are. It wasn't even a hard scrape.

Anyways I would like to know who has the gooooooooooods.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 AM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so....has the v2 front bumper been discontinued? If not who's selling them bc my replica m1auto is just crap with fitting and quality. I scrapped coming out of a friends driveway and the lip cracked in the middle and on the sides where the plastic fender wheel well are. It wasn't even a hard scrape.

Anyways I would like to know who has the gooooooooooods.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Xendric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kidding? They really should give you guys some kind of designation by your name that says "Sponsor" or something...that would help me designate who is who around here.
LOL!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Armitage
Indeed it was, sir.

To answer your question, Android, I would have to say if Z1 says they have a contact at Nismo...then im inclined to believe them on any Nismo parts out there.

You still shouldnt have a problem finding one, although for some weird reason many sites just up and stopped carrying them. I would say go through Z1 or just google and you'll find vendors that still carry them.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

with so many replicas on the market im sure the authentic sales slumped and vendors decided there wasnt much of a reason to carry the product?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

that, and it's also a bit old at this point, so like any kit, the hype wears off after a while and people look towards newer styles
Old 08-18-2009, 10:17 AM
somebody

Originally Posted by Nexx
with so many replicas on the market im sure the authentic sales slumped and vendors decided there wasnt much of a reason to carry the product?
i think you hit the nail on the head.....I'd love to have the authentic v2 bumper but, can't justify spending the extra $$$ over "well-made" replicas....
When it comes to performance parts, I'll spend the extra $$.
cosmetic parts?...not worth it...IMO.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
haeshik

^totally agree