Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Twista89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Quality

Well Ive been doing alot of research lately and have decided between the 350z and a altima coupe. Ive done some searching on here and Ive noticed that some of you complain about the interior on the Zs....Right now I drive a old pontiac grand am so Im use to cabin squeeks and rattles and uncomfortable shocks that transform all the potholls into the cabin and Im really tired of it so I wanted my next car to be a ride I can actually feel comfortable in. Im only 5'9 so I know I can fit comfortable in it but how are the newer models with the squeaks and rattles. Im personally looking at buying a 07 so did nissan improve the interior since the 03 models. I know the shocks arent the most absorbant and I know one of my first mods are gonna be to the shocks and struts so Im not really worried about that unless there arent any better shocks on the market for the 350...All I guess Im really asking is about the interior quality....is it something worth paying 18-20k for???
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
shadowj20

Go out and test drive a 350z. For some people it's worth it some not.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they are going to be very similar in quality in my opinion. I had some rental nissans and you can tell how alot of the parts are so similar. Built same material same place, slightly different shape.

I honestly thing some of the panels are a bit soft plastic and can scratch if hot babied. Door panels are tough and if hurt wouldn't be as noticable. Now my biggest and only complaint is the rubbered finish on the center concole that can be messed up real easily.

Speaking from an 05 here.

If those are the 2 cars you are concidering and the z doesnt interfier with your needs. (being a 2 door, 2 seat, hopefully non daily driver, POWER!!) please go with z. It is obvious but of course we may be a little biased. Atleast its a nissan!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Twista89
I wanted my next car to be a ride I can actually feel comfortable in.
The decision is pretty easy.

The 350Z is a performance sports car and handles and rides like a performance car. Comfort is secondary to handling.

The 3.5 litre Altima coupe is a beautiful car. I think the Altima is for you.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
migz_0320

+1 on davidv. imo 350z interior looks great, but then i guess its important to have extra cup holders.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Twista89

well honestly the reason I asked was because I plan on keeping my next car for a good 5-8 years and my grand am the interior is falling apart and doesnt look good and I dont want this to happen in my 350. Ive been dreaming of performance for the past 5 years and the 350 is everything I wanted, tons of power, cheaper, not the first option when out with friends, and its rear wheel drive which sold me. If the altima was RWD then i most likely would be settled on it but I dont see that happening. I guess I just want to know what would you guys rate the interior in quality...mazda like???
Old 08-26-2009, 04:15 PM
ChanceWarren

Its fine, just don't abuse it. Any interior will get effed if you're hard on it.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
bogie1519

get the z just take care of it. i don't care what kind of car it is. treat it like a piece of -hit and it will turn into one.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Why don't you look at a G35 coupe. A Z with a 2nd row and probably a better quality interior. If you're already hesitant on the ride quality, then a performace car may not be for you and you should get the Altima. Changing out the struts will diminish the performance handling of the Z, so you'll just end up with a Nissan badged mustang... rear wheel drive car with power and shiety handling

The car is stiff to being with, even if you were to change out the struts (I'm assuming you're not changing to coilovers with adjustable dampening), the ride will still be stiffer compared to the Altima. Coming from a grand am, you're comparing a car with shiety quality interior as the reason for the squeaks, rattles and just poor quality. The Z is meant to be a little rough to communicate to the driver while driving.

Last edited by MethodRN; 08-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Twista89

I see G35s like I see ford focuses out here....I definitely wanted something thats different from the pack...I guess really all I need to do is go test drive one. My grand am...the shocks are basically blown so every pothole is a neck breaker if its deep enough and I dont see it....basically just dont want to have to say damn...or WTF when I go over a pothole...performance is what Im after but this will also be my DD(might keep the grand am as a beater) and no one uses performance 24/7. So I want to be able to enjoy the engine as much as I enjoy cabin...

Last edited by Twista89; 08-27-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twista89
I see G35s like I see ford focuses out here....I definitely wanted something thats different from the pack...I guess really all I need to do is go test drive one. My grand am...the shocks are basically blown so every pothole is a neck breaker if its deep enough and I dont see it....basically just dont want to have to say damn...or WTF when I go over a pothole...performance is what Im after but this will also be my DD(might keep the grand am as a beater) and no one uses performance 24/7. So I want to be able to enjoy the engine as much as I enjoy cabin...
Theres your answer, skipper.

My Z is my daily, but i really wish i has a beaterz!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Theres your answer, skipper.

My Z is my daily, but i really wish i has a beaterz!

My beater is the best mod I ever did for my Z!