Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.... its like a pack of wolves... one attacks and everyone starts joining in...... post pics when you get them installed!!!! I was excited when i got my sparco's also..... make sure to use the resistor for the seat belt switch or it will keep blinking at u!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

In theory, I see the argument about being locked into your seat with harnesses being bad.. but.. whatever. I'm looking forward to the install pics too.

If you are looking to potentially sell the car down the road, then harness bar would probably be easier to uninstall than a welded in rollbar/harness bar.?

I would personally like a rollbar/harness bar with the option to keep the stock seatbelts - with aftermarket seats.. But - this isn't my thread. Good luck OP.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by thekinn
In theory, I see the argument about being locked into your seat with harnesses being bad.. but.. whatever. I'm looking forward to the install pics too.

If you are looking to potentially sell the car down the road, then harness bar would probably be easier to uninstall than a welded in rollbar/harness bar.?

I would personally like a rollbar/harness bar with the option to keep the stock seatbelts - with aftermarket seats.. But - this isn't my thread. Good luck OP.
Still trying to figure out what i'm doing once i install the cage, seats etc etc , but my car will hardly be driven on the street after that
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thekinn
In theory, I see the argument about being locked into your seat with harnesses being bad.. but.. whatever.
what theory? it's fact that you will have limited mobility in a rollover if your entire upper body is strapped up-right, and if someone claims, "i'll just have the belts loose enough so I can duck down" good luck doing that with the g-forces acting on your body...from the initial shock of impact, your body will probably proceed in whatever motion your car was moving prior, and have even more forces acting on your body via straps or worse-- submarine yourself and chunk your legs into the dash and then if the roll over happens, you'll probably be in an awkward physical state half stuck up and flopping around.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Saudi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
g-forces acting on your body...from the initial shock of impact, your body will probably proceed in whatever motion your car was moving prior, and have even more forces acting on your body via straps or worse-- submarine yourself and chunk your legs into the dash and then if the roll over happens, you'll probably be in an awkward physical state half stuck up and flopping around.
Sounds like a good time to me!

hahahaha

Definitely interested in seeing pics as well...
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt anyone will have much choice in where their head or any part of them goes in the case of a rollover. A cage or rollbar would be safer, but not many road going cars have them. Get racing seat, get harness, go faster, and be happy.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
agunter33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! At least misterniceguy sees this as a good thing! Everyone else is just shiting on this guys set up. Haters.... if your so jelious buy your own damn seats Bride LowMax ftw
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well it looks like this thread went exactly as the OP wanted.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting for pics... perhaps we can sideline the roll cage debate for another time.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:44 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
First My Head Will Be Just As Mobile as it was with the stock seats Torino's are not competition head brace seats for the most part there just going to help keep my body from sliding around.

Most of this mod is because my stock seats are beat up and worn and I dont like the downgrade to the look of the my Z that and never try to have sex in your Z things get beat up including yourself (MY Poor Passenger Side Seat )

Second if my roof collapses I got MUCH bigger problems then if my head was mobile enough.

Half this dam forum have NONE Stock seats does that mean if they used the 350z harness bar so they can change there belt setup as stock seatbelt doesnt really conform to the racing seats they FAIL ?
That was the hardest post to ever read in my LIFE.

Post this makes sense no. Bar harness seat back will stay in upright for position when over for roll cage roll bar. Seatbelts none for stock seatbelts in Z when seats for seatbelts.

WTF ARE YOU SAYING!? Hahaha your shouldn't type when you're eAngry.

P.S. Sparco Torino's aren't fixed back racing seats, to the dick who was yelling about when your car rolls over, etc...