Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Slabrose123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET

Just Picked Up My Sparco Harness Bar (Sending it to the Body Shop going For the Flat Black Look) And finally got my Sparco Torino 2 Seats w/ Sparco Seat Mounts (Completely Movable)

-Going To Pull My Stock Seats Out Today And Then I guess its time to grill these forums and figure out how the hell im going to do the wiring to keep the Seat Belt Lights Off (removing stock belts for harness) and Thinking AirBag Lights as both seats have under seat connections

-Working with an 03 Base Brickyard 350z-

Wish me luck going to try to creat the harness rather then get raped for 50 bucks for the premades ...

-Post Pics after everything Is Set-
Attached Thumbnails Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET-n515266675_1445134_6645.jpg  

Last edited by Slabrose123; 09-15-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Add More Pics :-P
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Slabrose123

More Pics Of The Family (My Vehicle Addiction)
Attached Thumbnails Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET-n515266675_1009149_2332.jpg   Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET-n515266675_53621_7943.jpg   Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET-n515266675_53619_7416.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be excited since you made the thread before even getting them installed.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wtf, fial
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Slabrose123

Default Shoulda Known Better Dam Off To See Who Else Gets Flamed Today

Why Do I Even Bother .... Use the Forum to :

A Buy Parts

B Tech Info

C Post something and get flamed for no other reason then you got excite about some new parts

Either Way Thanks AssaulTech for the parts and the wiring information

Now I remember why I have been apart of these forums for a while and have very few posts
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
alex1089

Nice. Cant wait for pix
Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

harness bar, harness , and fixed back seats with no roll cage= FAIL
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Peebles

Grats man, be sure to post pics when you get them on.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:58 AM
TheFarmer

Cool.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:43 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
harness bar, harness , and fixed back seats with no roll cage= FAIL
I don't get it. Why would a harness bar, harness and fixed back seat be fail? A racing seat is supposed to be fixed. A harness bar lets you use a harness that holds you in the racing seat. What's fail about it? Is it fail because it doesn't have a cage? Very confusing, indeed.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by misterniceguy
I don't get it. Why would a harness bar, harness and fixed back seat be fail? A racing seat is supposed to be fixed. A harness bar lets you use a harness that holds you in the racing seat. What's fail about it? Is it fail because it doesn't have a cage? Very confusing, indeed.
you roll the car , the roof collapses and your head is held in place, YOU DIE. FAIL
unless its considered a darwin thing, then could be considered a good thing.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Slabrose123

First My Head Will Be Just As Mobile as it was with the stock seats Torino's are not competition head brace seats for the most part there just going to help keep my body from sliding around.

Most of this mod is because my stock seats are beat up and worn and I dont like the downgrade to the look of the my Z that and never try to have sex in your Z things get beat up including yourself (MY Poor Passenger Side Seat )

Second if my roof collapses I got MUCH bigger problems then if my head was mobile enough.

Half this dam forum have NONE Stock seats does that mean if they used the 350z harness bar so they can change there belt setup as stock seatbelt doesnt really conform to the racing seats they FAIL ?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Slabrose123

That and if you actually read my post up top the TORINO 2 SPARCO seats with the SPARCO mounting equipment make them COMPLETELY mobile they move , they slide , hell they even recline if I so wish it ..... making then NONE FIXED SEATS ... at least up top premiere members where busting on me you just wanna jump on the band wagon

UPDATE Airbag Wiring done with airbag light turned off now just waiting for the harness bar to be back from paint (This Friday) to finish the install dont wanna put the seats in until I put the bar in heard some stories about the awkwardness of the bar and installation beating up the seats soo trying to skip that.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 AM
uglyduc

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
UPDATE Airbag Wiring done with airbag light turned off now just waiting for the harness bar to be back from paint (This Friday) to finish the install dont wanna put the seats in until I put the bar in heard some stories about the awkwardness of the bar and installation beating up the seats soo trying to skip that.
If you have your seats out, it'll make positioning yourself(and a friend) easier when installing the bar. With the seats in, you need to be a midget or a yoga master to fit in behind the seats to manuever and install the bar around.

Also, becareful when you pull apart the upper seat belt assembly, once the lock washer is removed, everything will want to fall apart... holding it all together when re-install is just about the hardest part of the install imo. I have a few extra washers & spacers now dropped in between my pillar molding. It might be wise to tape off the crack that the belt recoils into to prevent that from happening to you.

Best of luck, even with the seats out, the bar will be a pain in the ****.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
First My Head Will Be Just As Mobile as it was with the stock seats Torino's are not competition head brace seats for the most part there just going to help keep my body from sliding around.

Most of this mod is because my stock seats are beat up and worn and I dont like the downgrade to the look of the my Z that and never try to have sex in your Z things get beat up including yourself (MY Poor Passenger Side Seat )

Second if my roof collapses I got MUCH bigger problems then if my head was mobile enough.

Half this dam forum have NONE Stock seats does that mean if they used the 350z harness bar so they can change there belt setup as stock seatbelt doesnt really conform to the racing seats they FAIL ?
Your head may be mobile, but your shoulders will be locked in place. But then again you say your not using a fixed seat, it can recline. I still wouldn't use a 4 point harness without a cage.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
350zDex

Wow lol!!! No pics of them =fail
Old 09-16-2009, 05:17 PM
aaronz8

Your head may be mobile, but your shoulders will be locked in place. But then again you say your not using a fixed seat, it can recline. I still wouldn't use a 4 point harness without a cage.
I don't understand your logic. What does reclining and fixed have to do with anything? If you don't pull on the lever thing, the seat back won't move anyways regardless of reclining or fixed...

Also, why is having shoulders being locked in place bad? I mean, I don't want to be flying out the window...
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

With the OEM belts and seat if you are side punched or roll the car in a way the roof collapses, chances are your upper body will end up in the passenger side ( grab a cd from the pas side floor while strapped in). Now try that with a harness on. Now the fixed part of the seat , yes a reclining seat is strong, but nowhere as strong as a 1 piece fixed race seat. Most seats will also collapse some , and protect the person, a race seat is designed to hold the person in place and let the cage protect the person.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 AM
misterniceguy

I guess if you roll your car in a seat with the recline feature, the nice and gentle roof that is collapsing at an incredible speed will place your head gently into the passenger seat like if you were reaching for a cd down there? Test that out for us and see how it works out. Darwin thing is a good thing.

you roll the car , the roof collapses and your head is held in place, YOU DIE. FAIL
unless its considered a darwin thing, then could be considered a good thing.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 AM
misterniceguy

For the young forum readers, the stock seat and seat belts is not the way to combat vehicle rollovers like some believe.

Quick Reply: Sparco Harness Bar And Seats In Today ... SWEET