Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished my Z for this season, what u guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:13 PM
cginc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
and see, that second pic with the different wheels changes the car. now it looks like crap because the tires are stretched, and the rim design just doesn't fit the shape.

I don't like a car simply because it 'is XXX car'. There are plenty of GTRs and Ferraris that I think look like absolute hell. Novatec F430 in white and black comes to mind.

or

'omg it's a Ferrari so I must like it', right?

no.

you just happened to pick a well executed GTR. The orange color is different, more of a Lamborghini pearl orange than the 350's stock color. it's not a gigantic change but makes a huge difference over all, it simply lacks the depth of color the GTR has to work with the bumble bee paint scheme. we are talking about pictures here so I could be wrong, but I've seen and driven the Z in your specific color and am saying I do not see the similarity.

Not to mention your attempt to break my point by claiming a importance in semantics between using shade and color is ridiculous by the way. Or that a stated opinion holds me to dislike every two tone implementation I see, when that simply is not the case. My bike is case in point. I happen to like red/black two tone usually.

Don't be an ***, understand: 'what works on one car doesn't always work on another' and get over your knee jerk reaction to my criticism.
Like I said im not going to argue with you about it, no point. It comes done to personal taste, just because you say it doesn't work, it doesn't actually mean it doesn't. It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but the statics on this thread shows that majority of the people like the setup, but a few didnt like the color but still complimented on the overall look. You on the other hand killed the whole car from interior to exterior, but the stats still play in my favour as majority like it, i must of done something right .

Last edited by cginc; 09-21-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you initiated the argument with me, so I have no idea why you are trying to shoulder the blame to me. You are 100% correct that I was only voicing my opinion however.

and statistics also show that most people on this forum have no sense of style. but if you go for quantity over quality, so be it. who am I to complain? I am not the one who has to ride around in your clown car.

In closing: I am a critic and I have very very high standards especially if you take the drastic step of posting your car on a forum for review. You are held to a standard of car like Chebosto, Alvinhyun, Moroccan mole or Finalforce.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
cginc

Originally Posted by Motormouth
you initiated the argument with me, so I have no idea why you are trying to shoulder the blame to me. You are 100% correct that I was only voicing my opinion however.

and statistics also show that most people on this forum have no sense of style. but if you go for quantity over quality, so be it. who am I to complain? I am not the one who has to ride around in your clown car.

In closing: I am a critic and I have very very high standards especially if you take the drastic step of posting your car on a forum for review. You are held to a standard of car like Chebosto, Alvinhyun, Moroccan mole or Finalforce.
Of course I get it now, no one has style on this forum but you. Sorry bud, I dont call riding a bicycle high standards! Oh, and last time i checked clowns ride bikes ;-)

In closing: fk off, and go ride your bike around the block with the rest of the clowns.
Attached Thumbnails Finished my Z for this season, what u guys think?-bike.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Motormouth
Banned

lolol...

I posted at least three other forum members who have style. and I could name a bunch more whose opinion I value. it's not an elite club or anything.

and clowns traditionally ride in clown cars more than clown bikes. Nor can I ride in cages or clipless with clown shoes on.

clown car:

and it's orange! haha.

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-21-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
cginc

Your irrelevant to life, who hangs around a Z forum while not owning a Z, and making 17 thousand posts in total? To me that simply spells NO LIFE with a self complex.

I can tell your probably in the 35-40's range, reminiscing about the past when you once owned a Z, so you need to get your daily high logging into this forum and bashing members who dont own performance shops and spend 50K+ on upgrades.

Shouldnt you be riding your bike to burning off that cholesterol?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Motormouth
Banned

omg, how did you know?! you caught me!

you must be a FBI profiler. So am I, so I am going to say that you probably live at home, in the suburbs somewhere in canadia, probably around 19-20 and currently attend college maybe? you probably work at some mall and... you aren't a girl, are you?

I still can't figure out why you are continuing to try and give me an attitude but I can give it back if that is what you are into. I am not going to even get into the fact I just realized you are rocking knock off wheels. it's all making more sense now.

and funny story, I just got a health exam last week and my cholesterol was great. I was as surprised as anyone:

Total cholesterol: 164mg/dL - HDL cholesterol: 43 mg/dL !!!!

Just wondering but, did you see my joint date? lol, I have three years more than you to make those 17k posts (and in truth: it's waaaay more than that but they were deleted at my request). I am also going to overlook your grammatical errors assuming the only way your behavior makes sense is if you are drunk. or is Ontario the french section of canadia?

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-21-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
cginc

Just like a typical American always knocking down Canadians. Question, are you one of those "red necks" that got a mortgage loan that was way over their head, and had to pretty much sell off anything and everything not to foreclose their home? That kinda explains the bike thing :-(

FYI: You are way off on everything, I can also tell you do not know your geography since Ottawa is in fact the "french section of Canada", I'm still curious on why the hell would anyone be on a Z forum daily when they no longer own a Z? And making more then 17,000 posts that prob average about 2 min per post, which calculates to 34,000 min's spent on a forum simply states "i'm a loser with no life". Dont u have a wife to fk, or did u sell her to for a mortgage payment?

A$$holes like you give a bad name to Americans.

Last edited by cginc; 09-21-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 PM
ChanceWarren

Not with an attitude like that, he wouldn't. Are you guys done? Can we get back on topic? I stand by my original assertion, by the way. Those wheels look like they're already 8.5/9.5. Any wider and you'll start running into some problems unless you modify the fenders.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 PM
350zfun19

nice!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Motormouth
Banned

so if you aren't 'English as a second language', how do you excuse your poor grammar? and where exactly am I making fun of Canadians? please brother, give me some credit here, I am making fun of only you. (fyi: you won't find where i made fun of canadians so: a big **** you for claiming as such)

and fyi, since you seem to grasp math and stats so well, did you realize my posts break down to something like only 23.5 posts a day? woah, I need to get a life! that is precious minutes of my life lost, LOST! MINUTES! did you also realize that I've been paid to make most of them?! now figure out how much those minutes are worth.

brother, you need to learn sarcasm (not to mention reading comprehension), because this is all going way over your head. Like I said, you are the one who continues to prod me with stupid comments. let it go, you lost the argument.

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-21-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by ChanceWarren
Not with an attitude like that, he wouldn't. Are you guys done? Can we get back on topic? I stand by my original assertion, by the way. Those wheels look like they're already 8.5/9.5. Any wider and you'll start running into some problems unless you modify the fenders.

no he won't, you are 100% wrong.

why don't you not give advice to people when you don't know what you are talking about? edit: oh yeah, I am pretty sure I already called you out for doing this once. stop already.

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Motormouth
Banned

here you go: a perfectly executed car: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...en-awhile.html

take notes. there is not a single fault on his car. perfect stance, real performance mods, color scheme is on target (mag blue rims and custom blue paint compliment each other). there is consistency in execution. it didn't require the caliber of parts he used (I see a mod total of at least 10k) but he chose well.

as I said: it's not my fault you got all offended with me. I was only trying to help you stop making bad decisions.

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-21-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Motormouth
Banned

here is another well done car: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...s-fire-25.html

little faults here and there, but excellent rim fit, stance and mods. well thought out and executed.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
cginc

Wheels are 9.0/10.5 and they are "just" clearing the inside fenders, with spacers im 100% sure I would need to roll my rear fenders.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Allen331

Judging from the pictures, and based off the sizes you listed above, i'm going to guess your offsets are in the 30s? Personally, I'd run a 5 or 10 mm spacer to push it out a bit more for that wide stance look. However, this is just a personal preference of mine...i've seen wheels that are completely sunken in, which yours are most definately not.

I think the two-toned scheme you've gone for is working. Although I feel like the 350z's lines were ruined in the roadster model, I also feel that the car has great potential if done correctly.

Here's what I would do if this were my car.

1. Widen out the stance
2. Tint windows
3. Black headlights to pull the front end two-tone scheme together
4. Different sideskirts that could possibly highlight the two-tone look

Of course this is all my opinion, but I think you've done a good job so far.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 AM
stinky350z

i think it looks sick , what sides r those , veilside or chargespeed?> thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM
ChanceWarren

I can see why you call yourself Motormouth. I knew a guy like you once on another forum. Unfortunately for everyone there, he was a moderator as well as a jerk. I find it terribly unlikely that someone pays you to give non-constructive, scathing, two-line reviews of unsponsored cars owned by nobodies in Canada. (No offense, cgnic. I'm making a point.) That would be extremely irresponsible.

I keep looking back at those pics and his rear wheels are less than half an inch from rubbing with just over an inch of suspension travel. I'd say that's wide enough without looking like a meximobile. Neither of the two examples you've given of a "well executed" car were discernibly wider in stance, and even if they were, the difference is negligible. Why you think I'm giving this advice from an uninformed position is beyond me.

Maybe you could take some pointers from Allen331, Motormouth. He gave an overall critique of the car with some real suggestions while still delivering his dislike for the end product in a constructive and tasteful manner. His post was intelligently organized and informative. I dare say we may all have learned something from him. EVEN IF I still disagree about the wider stance requirement--at least he's given some manner of evidence to back up his claim about the stance. I can respect that. Also, I say smoke the tails if you black the headlights, but I digress.

You seem like an angry fellow, Motormouth. And many of the things you say appear to be knee jerk reactions as well. You're not the end all be all of 350z modding. And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them wrong. The same goes for anyone. You should think about that next time before you break out the torches to increase your post count. (26 posts a day is still 3+ hours on the boards a day (2-3 minutes each post + 2-3 minutes reading threads), unless you profess to not read any of the threads you post to. Again, that would be irresponsible.)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Mikie13

Seriously, I think the car looks great. I've never been a fan of the Roadsters because I think the *** end just looks too huge, but I do think with the top down, they look great.

Orange is my favorite color, and adding the CF accents and black theme is exactly what I would do because I love the combo.

Its tastefully done, not overdone, and it is what the OP wants and likes, otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but bashing back and forth is just pointless on an internet forum. You can't even convey real emotions and the lack of thick skin by many a person just asks for threads like this.

OP, keep going with your theme. You're right, many more people do like it, and even some who disliked something about it, respected it for what it was and how clean and well done it is.

Ok, back to the battle
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by chancewarren
I can see why you call yourself Motormouth. I knew a guy like you once on another forum. Unfortunately for everyone there, he was a moderator as well as a jerk.
a - you don't know me
b - I sincerely doubt it, see a, and with 90 posts I am going to say 100% you are flat out speaking out of your *** once again.
I find it terribly unlikely that someone pays you to give non-constructive, scathing, two-line reviews of unsponsored cars owned by nobodies in Canada. (No offense, cgnic. I'm making a point.) That would be extremely irresponsible.
why is this the only thread in the entire forum where the posters can't seem to comprehend sarcasm and take everything way way way way way too seriously. Try this: I 'get paid' to make posts because I do so while at work often. I know, your mind = blown. (rolls eyes)
I keep looking back at those pics and his rear wheels are less than half an inch from rubbing with just over an inch of suspension travel. I'd say that's wide enough without looking like a meximobile. Neither of the two examples you've given of a "well executed" car were discernibly wider in stance, and even if they were, the difference is negligible. Why you think I'm giving this advice from an uninformed position is beyond me.
you really are wacked out if you think op's stance is anything like those cars. offsets are measured in millimeters and 1 or 2 makes the difference, as can your tire selection and ride height (not to mention rim syle, see one of my older posts in this thread). You made some stupid comment about what you thought the width of his rims were (that you were way off on btw) and how that means he couldn't possibly add spacers or whatever. And I 'know' you are speaking out of your *** (uninformed) by the reasoning and language you used to declare why he couldn't go with a lower offset. There are no less than five factors in what rims will fit (with or without modification) and you only understand one (rim width) apparently, otherwise you would never make such a stupid statement as:
Those wheels look like they're already 8.5/9.5. Any wider and you'll start running into some problems unless you modify the fenders.
... so again: wtf are you talking about? you are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and anyone with a clue knows this and would dismiss your opinion flat out. further evidence is your inability to distinguish the differences in execution between the cars I posted.
Maybe you could take some pointers from Allen331, Motormouth. He gave an overall critique of the car with some real suggestions while still delivering his dislike for the end product in a constructive and tasteful manner. His post was intelligently organized and informative. I dare say we may all have learned something from him. EVEN IF I still disagree about the wider stance requirement--at least he's given some manner of evidence to back up his claim about the stance. I can respect that. Also, I say smoke the tails if you black the headlights, but I digress.
first off, I elaborated my position when asked by op. Secondly, what in my post required more explanation, lets review:
I don't like the orange/black two tone look. two tone is a terrible look for a lot of colors. the interior isn't helping either.

also you need some light spacers to get the proper stance.
first sentence: my subjective opinion on the color theme, does not require substantiation (which I still provided).

second sentence: what is there to explain? I said a) his stance is not optimized b) he could remedy this by adding spacers. I don't know his specs enough to give him a specific recommendation on size. so again, wtf are you talking about?

your cute attempt at 'showing me' is straight up pathetic.
You seem like an angry fellow, Motormouth. And many of the things you say appear to be knee jerk reactions as well. You're not the end all be all of 350z modding. And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them wrong. The same goes for anyone. You should think about that next time before you break out the torches to increase your post count. (26 posts a day is still 3+ hours on the boards a day (2-3 minutes each post + 2-3 minutes reading threads), unless you profess to not read any of the threads you post to. Again, that would be irresponsible.)
(facepalm) ...you are reading a text-only versions of my thoughts, and clearly misinterpreting my state of mind. I don't sit here and act like I know who you are as a person, so don't bother doing the same to me. lol. And again, what in god's name does my post count have to do with anything? I have friends on this board and am interested in many things that happen here, and have something called 'knowledge' to help others with, something you lack explaining your post count. I will refer you to my last sentence: your cute attempt at 'showing me' is straight up pathetic.

when the op asked for more details on 'why' I felt a certain way about his car, I provided them and engaged him in a conversation in a civil manner, do you disagree:
Originally Posted by motormouth
if you think terrible should only be used for ricers, than no, your car is not terrible.

could it better? yes, and that is all I was getting at.

and for the pic you posted, sorry but the GTR is a different color (you have more pale pearl sparkles, less creamy depth) and the scheme is better executed. the front grill section, lower lip, full black lower edge of the side skirt and more detailed and interesting shape of the GTR colludes to produce a better result. add to that your mirror covers and un-optimized stance (offset choice and tire stretch and ride height) making your car look more upright and weak, and you can see why I feel the comparison is tangential at best.

maybe it was the interior's color throwing me off. and maybe I think roadster Zs are basically hideous.

you want to see my transportation? here:
and
and see, that second pic with the different wheels changes the car. now it looks like crap because the tires are stretched, and the rim design just doesn't fit the shape.

I don't like a car simply because it 'is XXX car'. There are plenty of GTRs and Ferraris that I think look like absolute hell. Novatec F430 in white and black comes to mind.

'omg it's a Ferrari so I must like it', right?

no.

you just happened to pick a well executed GTR. The orange color is different, more of a Lamborghini pearl orange than the 350's stock color. it's not a gigantic change but makes a huge difference over all, it simply lacks the depth of color the GTR has to work with the bumble bee paint scheme. we are talking about pictures here so I could be wrong, but I've seen and driven the Z in your specific color and am saying I do not see the similarity.

Not to mention your attempt to break my point by claiming a importance in semantics between using shade and color is ridiculous by the way. Or that a stated opinion holds me to dislike every two tone implementation I see, when that simply is not the case. My bike is case in point. I happen to like red/black two tone usually.

Don't be an ***, understand: 'what works on one car doesn't always work on another' and get over your knee jerk reaction to my criticism.
After he decided to make some snarky comments, I was only getting my lulz at his expense. I was not mad at the op, I wasn't sad at the op, I wasn't upset by the op. I was amused and then used his obviously weak grasp on the language to ridicule him. how you can infer anger from my posts is beyond me. I just reread them all, and they are playful.

I will say it again: you are just upset because I called out your statement(s) for what they were: uninformed and wrong.

grow up

Last edited by Motormouth; 09-22-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
cginc

I can see why you call yourself Motormouth. I knew a guy like you once on another forum. Unfortunately for everyone there, he was a moderator as well as a jerk. I find it terribly unlikely that someone pays you to give non-constructive, scathing, two-line reviews of unsponsored cars owned by nobodies in Canada. (No offense, cgnic. I'm making a point.) That would be extremely irresponsible.

No offense taken, I dont work on Z's as a profession. And most of the parts you order are probably from an online source so it's extremely hard to pcs together the end result of the car's appearance. Its some what of a gamble, even though I think my car turned out great (in my opinion).

But there is a big difference between how Allen331 "voiced" his opinion on how the car "may" look better, then MotorMouth simply just stating "your car is terrible" and I should look at well executed Z's like "Chebosto" who owns a performance shops and probably spent well over $50K+ into his Z.

If i would allocate that much funds into a car upgrade, I would most defiantly not put it into a Z. It would more likely put a down payment on a exotic or at least a 911 porsche.

Quick Reply: Finished my Z for this season, what u guys think?