Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking remedy for scratches on kickplates

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 09:39 AM
shagz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking remedy for scratches on kickplates

The kickplates in my Z are all scratched up and fugly, specially on the drivers side. I have the chrome Z insert kickplates. Aside from buying brand new ones from Nissan for approx $70, are there any other options? How about taking off the chrome Z inserts, and spray painting the plastic with matte black paint ? You guys think that'll work ? Has anyone tried this before? Thanks.

The other thing...I have some scratches on the plastic bpillars. The pillars are the polished plastic kind, so I don't think they can be painted or sanded/polished.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:41 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Not a fix, but mine started to come unglued so I asked for replacements under warranty and actually asked them to replace them with the standard ones, I think they look much better than the "aluminum" kick plates, what a rip.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
shagz

Yeah...mine came unglued too. I just put some crazyglue under it, taped it up overnight, and it was good to go in the morning. I guess they would have given me new kickplates if I had complained loud enough, or maybe they would've done the same as I did...use crazyglue...
I can buy new ones and put them on, but I certainly would want to have some protection from scratches. Some folks have used the stair edgw guards you can buy at homedepot or lowes, but that material looks like black sandpaper. Any other solution? Maybe a piece of clearbra on it? But that would make it shiny....
Old 10-16-2003, 10:28 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EVO-R has some nice CF replacements.