Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on my plans for my interior!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
MrNorwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions on my plans for my interior!

I want it to be classy but not overdone.

These are in no particular order, all at the same time

I was thinking a black/red interior with some cf fabric thrown in. I'm sure most of you have read the thread about the CF fabric that username 'somebody' did. Well, I would like to do that to my dash as well. The reason why I am choosing the fabric over the overlays if because I do not like the glossy look.

Next on the list is reskinning my seats from black cloth to black leather with red inserts. I have seen this done and like what I see. It would be just like the nismo seats except leather.

Now for the dash, I want to cover this in red leather vinyl material The pieces arrowed. Main dash pieces. Now I know that there is not much room to fit the material and that seems to be a problem.

I have researched and heard good things about QuietCar which is a liquid sound deadening and will probably be putting this below the panels as I remove them and in the hatch/under carpet etc. I want to do this to make it feel more luxurious since right now the pebbles are very annoying.

Those are basically the main things. Also, I will be putting a Pioneer screen with gps, ipod, etc. Currently, I have a sub and amd in a zenclosure in the hatch.

I appreciate your opinions.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like it. I would like to see small touches of red leather: shift boot, ebake handle, steering wheel.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
MrNorwall

Yes, I actually was planning on the shift boot. How would I go about the ebrake handle? Now those dash pieces probably don't have room to put the leather vinyl in between the pieces. I might have to buy some spare pieces from a parts car from the classified and experiement and see if i can trim so it fits nicely. I just love seeing exotic and luxury vehicles with luxury interior and that is what I am going for. Between the sound deadening and my plans, I think this will be a nice mix of luxury and class. I also thought about doing some raping in the hatch area or the glovebox and all that trim behind the seats.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 PM
MrNorwall

Also, I was wanting to put red LEDS to replace the orange in all the dash lights. HOWEVER, I have absolutely no idea how to solder or use a soldering iron. Can someone shed some light on this? Or should I just steer clear? Also, was gonna but some red led lighting for footwell lighting. Goodness, all this talk is making me want.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by MrNorwall
Also, I was wanting to put red LEDS to replace the orange in all the dash lights. HOWEVER, I have absolutely no idea how to solder or use a soldering iron. Can someone shed some light on this? Or should I just steer clear? Also, was gonna but some red led lighting for footwell lighting. Goodness, all this talk is making me want.
I think the dash should be a black visual plane from left to right. Red patches will fragment the line.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
MrNorwall

Do you are saying don't do the the two parts of the dash in red? But just do the seats and shift boot? What else?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:16 PM
davidv

And the problem with red in the 350Z is the orange instrument illumination. Think about a room with red walls and orange carpet. Not a pretty sight.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
MrNorwall

That's where I was thinking about changing out all the LEDs in the intrument clusters. I talked about that in an earlier post. So if I was able to do red intrument lights? Could I do the whole dash in red and then have the CF fabric coming down from the gauges to the shift.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

too many colors. look at lambo gallardos. im pretty sure their interior color only extends from the seats to the door panels. looks great. dash is solid color. id recommend that.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:36 AM
MrNorwall

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

That one doesn't but I see what you mean.