Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Kit Help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
THH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kit Help.

So the short story is that I found out how well a 350Z handles on a snowy road. After being clipped on the rear bumper by another driver and pushed into a concrete barrier, I am now in the market for a new front and rear bumper.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with 3D Carbon's products. They have a front bumper that suits my tastes perfectly. I have never used body kits before and I am trying to educate myself as much as possible. I have searched the forums here and have had some help, but many of the threads are so old that the pictures have been removed and the information is a bit dated.

Here is the bumper I am considering:

Again, I am looking for advice on this particular bumper and not an opinion of aesthetics. To anyone who has used 3D Carbon products, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone with sound advice to someone shopping for aftermarket body kits for the first time would be greatly appreciated. Many of the other threads have been helpful, but I can't find a review on this particular company and kit.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
$LiK RiK

best thing i could tell u is spend the money on urethane an not fiberglass.fiberglass is prone to poor fitment an spider cracks ,an if not prepped an painted correctly will look like #*&%.........my .02
Old 02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THat pic is a urethane bumper on 350zsource..
Old 02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

did this happen in afghanistan?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
THH

No, this did not happen in Afghanistan. I am home on leave and got stuck in a snow storm when the accident happened.

Thanks for all the advice on Urethane. I researched the pros and cons of that and fiberglass in the forums and decided Urethane is the way to go. I have seen several sites that have this bumper and now I'm just deciding on price. I have a large hole in the front bumper now, so I decided now would be the best time to get a body kit.

Has anyone ever used DuraFlex? If so, anything good or bad to say? This bumper comes in that material and I was wondering what the quality was like after installation and road use. I saw a few pretty convincing YouTube videos demonstrating its abilities.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^saw the videos too, in for results. i figured you were a service member too, wasnt sure though