Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
ReUhssurance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kit

Hey guys I'm pretty new to "mods" I guess and the first things I'd like to do are cosmetic upgrades until I eventually feel comfortable enough to do performance parts. Anyways, I'm looking into a body kit and am trying to figure out cost of it all. I realize it's not just the cost of the body kit itself as there is installation and the procedure. I'm currently looking at the Greddy Aero Kit as I like the feel to it how it keeps the 350z original look to it. (if you guys have any other recommendations I'd like to see them as well). But my other question is what ALL do I need to look into for expense wise and/or if I can possibly do this myself.

Edit: http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan...d00073343.html

It's not the GT one it's just a pretty simple kit I believe.

Last edited by ReUhssurance; 04-12-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Try to use the search function, check vendor and private classifieds for pricing, and browse the galleries for ideas on style. I dont know what you mean by do it yourself but its very simple to unmount and mount a bumper at the most you will need a drill to make holes.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Welcome to the forum. Try to use the search function, check vendor and private classifieds for pricing, and browse the galleries for ideas on style. I dont know what you mean by do it yourself but its very simple to unmount and mount a bumper at the most you will need a drill to make holes.
I have tried that (not the best at search functions though guilty). And I mean is it something that I should be able to mount myself? I mean it is the front lip/side skirts/rear bumper. But also I need to look into getting it painted correct? Stock silver is my color and not sure which one that is in the color code thread >_< couple silvers look the same to me. And is it something I paint myself or is there any stepbystep here anyone can point me to? Thanks by the way
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

You will want it painted professionally and I would suggest having the body shop mount it since it seems you don't know much about body work.

As far as which color you have, allow me to be of assistance.

If you have a light silver and your car is from 2003-2005 it is Chrome Silver.
If you have a dark silver and your car is from 2003-2005 it is Silverstone

If you have a light silver and your car is from 2006-2008 it is Silver Alloy.
If you have a dark silver and your car is from 2006-2008 it is Carbon Silver.

You can also look at the door jam to get the color code.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
ReUhssurance

Chromse Silver it is! Yeah.. I mean I'd like to do it myself possibly but that's why I'm trying to do as much research as I can you know? Only one way to learnnnn I mean if it's all pre-drilled then it sounds like it would just take a little effort on my part. But how much does having it all professionally done generally cost? Vague question I'm sure but I'd just like some sort of idea you know.

You will want it painted professionally and I would suggest having the body shop mount it since it seems you don't know much about body work.

As far as which color you have, allow me to be of assistance.

If you have a light silver and your car is from 2003-2005 it is Chrome Silver.
If you have a dark silver and your car is from 2003-2005 it is Silverstone

If you have a light silver and your car is from 2006-2008 it is Silver Alloy.
If you have a dark silver and your car is from 2006-2008 it is Carbon Silver.

You can also look at the door jam to get the color code.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Depends on the shop and the amount of work thats needed to make it fit. You are looking at around 250-550.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 AM
ReUhssurance

Depends on the shop and the amount of work thats needed to make it fit. You are looking at around 250-550.
Damn. I'll look into diy type deal. If it's predrilled Im not too worried thenthe only thing I'm worried about is the pain, my dads not too bad with te stuff either so either way it's not just a total nub doing this hehe
Old 04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Thermal1

Don't start spending your dad's money on a body kit until he knows how much its going to cost him at the body shop that has to fix the mess you make of the car.

Or do some research on stuff like prep work, painting, color matching, fiberglass, body filler, plastic filler, sanding, etc...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by Thermal1
Don't start spending your dad's money on a body kit until he knows how much its going to cost him at the body shop that has to fix the mess you make of the car.

Or do some research on stuff like prep work, painting, color matching, fiberglass, body filler, plastic filler, sanding, etc...
not his money it's mine. I purchased the car and I'm paying for everything about it heh. Hence the research i've been asking what I néed to look at for. I just said my dad knows a bit about it haha

Last edited by ReUhssurance; 04-12-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ReUhssurance
not his money it's mine. I purchased the car and I'm paying for everything about it heh. Hence the research i've been asking what I néed to look at for. I just said my dad knows a bit about it haha
Dik gave you the answer you were looking for.

I would suggest you look around in your regional subforum and make some calls.

Good luck!!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
JEKL

The fitment of the kit will determine if you can do it yourself or not. I test fit my front bumper and it was a perfect swap so I just had my guy paint it and I mounted it myself. But the sides that the rear bumper took A LOT of work so there was no way I was going to touch that.

If you go with a replica kit, chances are it will take a professional to get them to fit right. In many cases, you would be better off buying the authentic pieces instead of buying the replica ones and paying your shop a ton of money to make them look right.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
haeshik

shine auto makes great replica kits
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by JEKL
The fitment of the kit will determine if you can do it yourself or not. I test fit my front bumper and it was a perfect swap so I just had my guy paint it and I mounted it myself. But the sides that the rear bumper took A LOT of work so there was no way I was going to touch that.

If you go with a replica kit, chances are it will take a professional to get them to fit right. In many cases, you would be better off buying the authentic pieces instead of buying the replica ones and paying your shop a ton of money to make them look right.
Interesting. I've searched for the GReddy Aero Body kit reviews and haven't found any, anyone wouldn't happen to know how well those would fit would they?>
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the authentic side skirts. The fitment was 99%.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by Hexxus
I had the authentic side skirts. The fitment was 99%.
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures by chance any of you? Only picture I get is of that white curious as to other colors as well. And that's good news if it's that close then I'm not too worried eh.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sides are easy its the front lip lines and gaps I hate about this kit. I would get a full bumper if I was you. Lip kits seem to need more work inmy opinion but of course I got an authentic V3 "Nismo not that Veilside crap" and fitment is 100%.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by robbinsj
The sides are easy its the front lip lines and gaps I hate about this kit. I would get a full bumper if I was you. Lip kits seem to need more work inmy opinion but of course I got an authentic V3 "Nismo not that Veilside crap" and fitment is 100%.
Interesting I would have thought a lip kit would be a little easier. I don't know of a full front bumper though that gives that effect that keeps the original look of the 350 o.o
Old 04-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReUhssurance
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures by chance any of you? Only picture I get is of that white curious as to other colors as well. And that's good news if it's that close then I'm not too worried eh.
They fit just like the ones in the picture. I don't have any anymore.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 AM
ReUhssurance

Originally Posted by Hexxus
They fit just like the ones in the picture. I don't have any anymore.
Well I was hoping you had a different color actually haha but ah no biggie. I can't decide I still have quite a bit to go before I have the money to get it done but so far I like this one a lot. Always had a thing for good ground effects with no sproiler. (I got a performance Ed.) there's no stock sproiler on mine don't worry haha god i'm a scrub.