Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID outlet through Amazon = ARRRRGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
cDUKES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HID outlet through Amazon = ARRRRGH!!!

Hey guys, I'm more of a "reader" than a "poster" on these forums , and I can't tell you how much useful information I've gained from browsing them.

I have a 2005 enthusiast 6mt , and I was finally ready to get rid of the yellowish hue'd stock 4300k bulbs with some nice 6ks. I placed an order for a pair of D2R 6000k HID xenon bulbs on amazon, through HID Outlet.

After the install (SO much easier to put them in after taking off the front tires) I noticed the lights weren't really as bright as they should be, they weren't terrible though so I decided to keep them in and give them a chance to brighten up? who knows. The 6k "diamond white" was spot on, but the brightness just wasn't there.

So about 3 days passed, and I'm driving home from work behind a black RAM and only notice one of my headlights were on through the reflection on the tailgate. When I got home, I noticed that my passenger HID was a pinkish hue, and after some quick research found out that it meant the bulb was dying!

I gave HID outlet a call, and left them a message regarding the fact that I was sold weak and dead bulbs. I also re-checked to make sure the lights were properly connected and aimed right as well. I'm not sure how HID Outlet is with customer service and situations such as mine, so I'm hoping for the best with getting another set shipped (even if they want me to return the dead bulbs, so be it)

I apologize if this seems more like a blog, but I'm just wondering if anyone had a problem similar to this (bulbs dying out within a week of installing).
Was it a problem in my installation? Bad bulbs? Was 0rdering lights through amazon a mistake? Any other suggestions where I should order bulbs?

Thanks a bunch, and I appreciate any feedback.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
dirtbikr

Usually the low quality bulbs will go like that, the chinese off brand cheng-**** ones... I'd check to see if we have a sponsor here that just does HID lighting, as we have one on the Corolla forums. If not I can get you his email. I've gone through him before and he has top notch products. PM me if you want his email...
Old 05-17-2010, 03:27 PM
duro78

Should of ordered from here $65 shipped 8 months later no complaints
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use DDM tuning... great quality free lifetime warrenty. I have them in my Z, my truck, and my bike.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/
Old 05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Prone

It's all a budget thing. Usually the more you pay, the better the quality. That's why the phillips and polargs are expensive. I think I got my last set from Lightwerks and they have lasted over a year already.