Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating on which kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Megamarine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating On What To Do...

Hey there everyone, I'm pretty much new here. I know for a fact I'm picking up a 350Z before the 15th of June, and was hoping to have a kit ready to install the day I pick it up. EDIT: How does this kit work for looks?

The wheels going with it, are potentially the Konig Hotswaps, which I think look dead sexy.

(Bigger pic here,with better details: http://www.discounttire.com/product/...hs2.mcb.xl.jpg)

Besides that, the next mod is going to be Tanabe Medalion Touring system exhaust and Y-Pipe as well as the Tomei 2-Way LSD(Or the Quaife one) with some HKS Hipermax Coilovers. I'm still debating whether to run twins or a supercharger for it, as I keep hearing great things for both. I'm leaning on the twins though, simply for being a purist.

I love the widebody look, even though it does look a tad extreme. The last thing I want is for someone to scream 'Rice-Rocket" when they see my car.

I know it's a whole lot, coming from new a poster, but I feel I've done most of my research. Anything else I should know or take care of?

I guess I should also mention it's a street car that I want to look mean. I mean, yeah, I'll go out on the weekends or so and have some fun with it. Maybe slide across some corners and have a good day, but if I were to take it to a track, it'd definitely be for Time Attack if anything. I just want some style to go with the times.

Thanks!

-Matt

Edit: Major Changes!

Last edited by Megamarine; 05-28-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Matt...how old are you?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Megamarine

20. Yeah, the kit looks...childish...in a way, but I have big plans for my car.

Stupid, isn't it?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Ruthless18x

Originally Posted by Megamarine
The last thing I want is for someone to scream 'Rice-Rocket" when they see my car.
Well Matt, let me tell you, with all of the stuff listed above, that is the first thing people are going to say.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The last thing I want is for someone to scream 'Rice-Rocket" when they see my car.
Then I would highly suggest staying away from that kit. Look at the Do-Luck or something if you're sold on a widebody. That's just really aggressive and you will get alot of "rice-rocket" comments.

Sounds like you've done some research. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Megamarine

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Well Matt, let me tell you, with all of the stuff listed above, that is the first thing people are going to say.
Well I'm not gonna lie, but then I'm f**ked.

Can you at least help with what I want to do? All I want, is for my car to look good, make people go 'Nice car", and have something I can enjoy everyday.

Originally Posted by blue350zed
Then I would highly suggest staying away from that kit. Look at the Do-Luck or something if you're sold on a widebody. That's just really aggressive and you will get alot of "rice-rocket" comments.

Sounds like you've done some research. Good luck.
Total idiot move on my end, I didn't even think about the Do-Luck kit.

Last edited by Megamarine; 05-28-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Ruthless18x

Well I'm not gonna lie, but then I'm f**ked.

Can you at least help with what I want to do? All I want, is for my car to look good, make people go 'Nice car", and have something I can enjoy everyday.
For sure dude.

Like blue said, the Do Luck is a good looking widebody kit. I would definitely look into some different rims as well.

What is your budget for each mod?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
blue350zed

Yeah really, what are you lookin' to spend?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Megamarine

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
For sure dude.

Like blue said, the Do Luck is a good looking widebody kit. I would definitely look into some different rims as well.

What is your budget for each mod?
Thanks man.

The Do-Luck kit is nice. But a tad pricey. And the wheels? I hate Konig, but for some reason, that is the only set I actually liked made by them.

And the budget for each mod varies intensely.

Body-kit: Up to $1,500.
Paint: Anywhere
Wheels: Up to $900 total
Suspension: Time will tell...
Exhaust system: Up to$1,500
Engine: Again, time will tell...

I've always felt I go with a show-ish car first, and then go for a engine changes.

Last edited by Megamarine; 05-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Well Matt, there are lots of choices out there. Take it one at a time. Get the Z first, relax and enjoy it for a few days if not weeks and then tackle the kit thing. It is commmon to dream of doing everything immaginable to the Z all at a go but when the dust settles you realize some of the stuff are not necessary.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Megamarine

Originally Posted by beezee
Well Matt, there are lots of choices out there. Take it one at a time. Get the Z first, relax and enjoy it for a few days if not weeks and then tackle the kit thing. It is commmon to dream of doing everything immaginable to the Z all at a go but when the dust settles you realize some of the stuff are not necessary.
Agreed, definitely in a big way. I guess it's just high aspirations that I have.

And the more i look at it, the more I like the Vizage Type B Bodykit:

Last edited by Megamarine; 05-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
blue350zed

Might I suggest a different approach? You say you want people to complement your car, it doesn't take much to make the Z very nice. Start with a decent set of wheels and a drop. Then go with a good lip kit. Don't go overboard with some crappy widebody kit and be stuck trying to build the rest of the car around it.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oohhhh god you were putting together the ultimate rice rocket there buddy.

wheels NO
Kit NO
mainly look wise
never been a fan of tanabe it just sounds rice.

you dont really need to go widebody to make the Z look great.

i dont like the do luck kit either.

when you put the car together try not to get all the crap that has been done here before. Mix and match pieces.

some guy made a body kit website somewhere in the forums. you should look into it.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Megamarine

Originally Posted by blue350zed
Might I suggest a different approach? You say you want people to complement your car, it doesn't take much to make the Z very nice. Start with a decent set of wheels and a drop. Then go with a good lip kit. Don't go overboard with some crappy widebody kit and be stuck trying to build the rest of the car around it.
Yeah, I tend to think extreme rather quickly, and build this rather insane image in my head, and do everything at once.

I have a 3 stage plan though, and I'd like to stick by it, especially about cars.

How does the newest kit I posted, work? I think it looks more realistic and 'smarter" than the above, then I get the wheels with it, in addition to a fair drop by the Hipermax Coilovers.

Oh, and I'd also like to thank you guys for not instantly jumping on me, screaming "Ricer" and whatnot. It's so much more appreciated then when I used to own a Lexus SC300, and had some ideas for it, and everyone on Cuub Lexus(CL) would just go ballistic. It's such nice change around here.

Last edited by Megamarine; 05-28-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good advice from everyone so far. Like blue350zed said, take it one step at a time. How about going with suspension and wheels first? Those two alone will make your car stand out considerably more (but dont cheap out on wheels). And if your not happy with it then go ahead and get a subtle kit(try to stay away from the veilside kit if you want "nice compliments from everyone").
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Toby-22

For wheels i suggest looking into Volks, Works, SSR, ENKEI, or any of the lower end rays/works wheels. You need to do more research on this car before making any major buys, from your choices it seems like you haven't done much.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Megamarine

Originally Posted by Toby-22
For wheels i suggest looking into Volks, Works, SSR, ENKEI, or any of the lower end rays/works wheels.
Could someone perhaps photoshop the Hotswaps onto that kit, before we change our minds? I mean, if anything were to stay the same, I'd like to see these stay. I personally think(Despite the previously terrible thoughts), that these would look sick.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the type b looks kinda funny ....like a crab
Old 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by beezee
+1.

also, your budget for things are kind of weird. a 900 dollar budget for wheels really limits you. even my cheap *** rota grids ran more then that and they are a lower cost wheel.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Toby-22

if turning heads is what your after, your not gonna be getting it with these wheels

i mean its called "HOTSWAPS" lol

Quick Reply: Debating on which kit