Sponsored by:

Evo-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Dallas_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo-R

Hey guys. I have a few questions.

I want to order several CF items for my 03 A/T. I have been trying to contact Evo-R without success. When I try to PM them I get the message that their mailbox is full. I emailed the email address found on their website about 5 or 6 days ago and I have not had a response. I tried to call the number listed on their website, got a generic voicemail inbox where I left a message, no call back.

I see them posting on the forums, so I assume they are still in business and accepting orders. However, as I wish to make an order which should total about $1k, I was hoping to get some sort of discount or at least combined shipping. Also, as I can not reach anyone, I am concerned that I might place an order and either not get anything or it might be 2 months before everything arrives.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to successfully reach anyone at Evo-R?

2. Has anyone ordered from them before/recently. If so, how was your experience with customer service and shipping speed?

3. Are there other vendors online that I can order these products from? For instance, I have seen some CF covers on ebay that seem to be the same thing and are priced a little lower. I obviously only want the covers not the vinyl overlays.

Any information will be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
RoTors350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue. When i first got my Z I was going to buy some pieces from them but never received a response. Trying to contact by phone was just as bad.

I'm sure if you ran a search using their name as a key word you'd see whether or not people were happy with the customer service.

Better luck here:

http://www.apsisusa.com/

PM me if you'd like to see the quality of their work on a Z.

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 07-26-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kinda havng the same problem with them, I orded parts for my 04' 350z Manuel on july 9th. My Rear strut cover came in probably a week later with no problems. But haven't hear anything on my 13 piece interior kit, tried calling and left a message a few minutes ago, tried to PM them here, said inbox was full, the only email I really recieved was after I made the purchased, I inquired about the "Buyer does not accept further payments" when I was gonna get the CF front lower panel. Jay emailed me back saing that he would correct that, but thats all Ive ever heard.

Now I see this thread up...... I'm getting a little nervous. just want some re-assurance from the vendor, thats all.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Blu Hvn

I would think the fact you can't contact them and the fact they don't return calls, emails, etc. would tell you all you need to know about this vendor.
I see big red flags re. this outfit.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:13 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Join the club. I've been waiting since last Wed to get a quote. I'm ready to buy something yesterday. I guess all these posts along with my initial concerns over getting no replies pretty much answers the question about buying anything from them.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
350z-Jason

I pm'd him... he responded the same day. Since then... its been 3 weeks, and still no reply to my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pm's. Even if he does pm me back... not going to bother ordering.

What if I have a problem? I don't want to have to wait weeks on end for a reply.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, its been like that forever with EvoR, suprised you didnt know beforehand, Dave.

For since i can remember, its been a pita to get ahold of them in any way. Months and months ago they started a thread about a custom Ti intake cover for SRI's. He said "send me the measurements of your filter and ill make them". I, among others, sent them info but to no avail. Its pretty much been this way for over a half year, if not longer.

They occasionally have 350z parts up on Ebay via a 3rd party vendor....i would go that route. That way, you can deal with the 3rd party who i promise will have better luck getting ahold of them if they need to or if their name comes under fire.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....^ this is all making me nervous now for sure. Hey Jay, hope your tracking this topic here. Please dont let us down!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
LOL, its been like that forever with EvoR, suprised you didnt know beforehand, Dave.
Naw, I don't follow what goes on with every vendor. Unless there are real problems with people being scammed, we don't hear about these issue unless we're personally involved, like I am now.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Ronin82
.....^ this is all making me nervous now for sure. Hey Jay, hope your tracking this topic here. Please dont let us down!!!!
I'm pretty sure he hasn't seen this. As a mod, I can see when people have been logged in last, when they posted last, etc. It's been a while for JDMZ33.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Doesn't he travel back and forth to china or Taiwan?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Don't they have the internet in China & Taiwan?

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 07-26-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Gumby Gone Wild

I've purchased from Jay multiple times without any problems and really cant say anything negative about him or the service I received. The shipping was prompt and I usually received a reply message within a few days every time I tried to contact him. I hope this puts someone at some sort of ease.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
RoTors350Z

I've always seen postings on how hard it was to contact Evo-R and that made me realize that I made the right decision in not going with them. Look around and you'll also see that a lot of folks have had fitment issues with some of the stuff coming out of there.

If you try and email and get no responses, you try to call and can't get in touch with them, leave messages and they don't return what makes you think you will get the pieces you order once you send the money over. I did business with another vendor and after the first transaction was super hard to get a hold of. Even caught them on the phone and was promised a call back on a quote. Never got the call back and now they will never receive another dollar from me. Vividracing lost a customer who was sure to do business with them again. Evo-R lost their chance in getting this customer to try their stuff. There are other vendors, look around Evo-R isn't the only CF outfit to get your stuff taken care of.

If you get bad service or no service from a vendor let everyone know. But if you get great service let everyone know also. A great CF outfit is Apsis.

Here are a few pics of the work they've done for me.

Fitment is awesome with APSIS. Search APSIS and see if you can find any complaints. The only complaint I have with them is you wait a long time for it but it's worth the wait. But they'll tell you and won't ignore your calls or your emails.

Here is a response from a customer with Evo-R.

https://my350z.com/forum/8227085-post23.html
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the fitment on that does look perfect. And actually good lol i didnt think i would b attracted to a interior kit
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Dallas_350z

Thank you guys for the input. It helped me out.

I decided to piece together the items from ebay vendors rather than taking a chance on a MIA vendor.

While doing this I discovered that, it appears at least, Evo-R is selling on ebay under the name hyper_rev_motors. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that the manufacturer listed in their adverts is Evo-R. They don't have everything listed that they offer on their website, but they did have some of the items and the items were less expensive on ebay.

I can give an itemized list later if anyone wants one, but the main point I want to make is that I spent quite a bit less for what appears to be the same stuff by doing the piece it together approach.

Today, with shipping, I spent: $717.87

Using the prices listed on the Evo-R website, the same items shipped would have cost me: $897.00

I have no way of confirming that these are indeed the exact same items that Evo-R sells. However, judging by the pics and description, I believe that they are. I won't know until the stuff arrives though.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:53 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow hope u dont get fcked with fitting probs
Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Dallas_350z

Rotors350z: You're stuff looks great! I don't think any CF stuff is gonna touch what you have there.

I'm just too lazy to take everything out of the car, ship it across the country, and then reinstall it when it comes back.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
mrblah

my cf kit from evo-r is pretty bad, but the rest of the stuff i bought from him is pretty good. So if you are expecting showcar OEM quality CF kit, you will be disappointed.

He disappears and reappears alot........but he eventually will respond, and you will get your products.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 PM
RoTors350Z

Originally Posted by Dallas_350z
Rotors350z: You're stuff looks great! I don't think any CF stuff is gonna touch what you have there.

I'm just too lazy to take everything out of the car, ship it across the country, and then reinstall it when it comes back.
You can do what I did. Buy the pieces you want to have CF'd and send those off. When they come in you can have someone/ or you if you take an energy drink or something and sell the pieces that are coming out. Down time is minimized then.

I just constantly heard about people being disappointed in decals and the fitment that came with 'em.

Another place I scoped out was http://www.elegantwooddesign.com/index2.html and heard good things from a few people but never saw their work up close.

I'm happy with the results from APSIS and I hope the OP is happy/satisfied with going with Evo-R or someone selling the same stuff. I just hope that if he isn't happy with the fitment and wants a refund it won't be as hard getting a hold of the person to get the money back, as it was just to make an order.

GL OP and post pics when you install the pieces to let others see if they'd like to go with Evo-R.

Last edited by RoTors350Z; 07-26-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo-R