Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

<<< HELPP! 06+ Waterfall gauge/cubby piece fit 05' >>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:19 PM
TimeAttkZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <<< HELPP! 06+ Waterfall gauge/cubby piece fit 05' >>>

Hey guys, Im selling my Z this week and really need to replace the "waterfall" section of my center dash. I attempted to wrap my existing one in the CF material and it turned out just fine. Problem was that once I finished the wrap I couldnt successfully install the gauge pod back onto the backside of the waterfall without there being huge gaps around each circle gauge(when viewing from the front). It looks terrible and the more I rip it off (you have to glue it on), the more messed up it gets. It looks like theres no way for it to sit flush in the holes

Id love to fix it so I dont have to buy a new waterfall piece but I need to get this done asap cuz now im selling the car. I dont see many 05' waterfalls for sale, only 06+. So my question is can I replace that section with the newer style. The only difference is the cubby button vs the old 05 model. Visually looks the same everywhere else but Im just not sure. Will the 06'+ upper portion fit into the 05' lower section where the climate control and shifter is?

I know that If you want to replace the lower portion (around the climate control and shifter) with the 06+ then you then have to have the 06+ center console between the seats to maike it all fit. This is not the case for me tho correct. Again, just want to replace the upper portion of the center dash, above the climate control.

Thanks guys, after 3 350z's and being on this site for what seems like forever, you would think I would know this. Ive been given mixed answers thusfar

IF YOU HAVE AN 05' OR OLDER AND YOU WANT TO UPGRADE THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. SELL ME YOURS AND THEN YOU CAN UPGRADE !!!

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 08-21-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The pre-2006 center console will not fit the 2006+ The entire center console from the gauge pod to the rear cup holders will need to be replaced.

Another option for you would be to remove the wrap, sand it down, and repaint the entire console black. Otherwise you will need to purchase another upper section of the center console.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:43 PM
TimeAttkZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
The pre-2006 center console will not fit the 2006+ The entire center console from the gauge pod to the rear cup holders will need to be replaced.

Another option for you would be to remove the wrap, sand it down, and repaint the entire console black. Otherwise you will need to purchase another upper section of the center console.
Ahh I was afraid of that answer, but thank you.