Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside V1 versus Aerosync

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Veilside V1 versus Aerosync

I can't find any direct comparison's on here, so does anyone know which one of these options sits lower with all other things being equal: OEM front bumper cover with Veilside Version 1 lip, or Aerosync full front bumper cover?

I got to work this morning after taking the Z to the local Nissan dealer for oil consumption test, and when I got to work I noticed this on the front passenger side:

You guessed it, that's a very large piece missing from my authentic Veilside V1 frp front lip. So now I am waiting for the service manager to call me back and I guess we'll see where it goes from there. The dealership has angled head-in parking, and I think the tech pulled in way too far when he parked it and hit the curb. Being that it is only high 20's out today, the lip was probably brittle as could be and cracked off no problem.

So anyway, I'm considering going with the Aerosync to replace this, but ground clearance is an issue. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM
nkohler

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This may or may not help, but I have the aerosync bumper and I can tell you that it will not crack off like that. In really cold weather if you hit something it may crack the paint, but it will not hurt the actual urethane bumper.

I have smacked auto-x cones in 30 degree weather moving at around 45mph and yes it did crack my paint, but the bumper didnt budge. I have also scraped numerous times coming in and out of steep drives and yeah, UNDER the lip there are scratches, but no rips, cracks, or anything else on the actual urethane bumper.

Ride height I couldnt tell you because I have never had my car at stock height since the aerosync.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
hellsoldiers08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like someone got a saw and cut that out.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by nkohler
This may or may not help, but I have the aerosync bumper and I can tell you that it will not crack off like that. In really cold weather if you hit something it may crack the paint, but it will not hurt the actual urethane bumper.

I have smacked auto-x cones in 30 degree weather moving at around 45mph and yes it did crack my paint, but the bumper didnt budge. I have also scraped numerous times coming in and out of steep drives and yeah, UNDER the lip there are scratches, but no rips, cracks, or anything else on the actual urethane bumper.

Ride height I couldnt tell you because I have never had my car at stock height since the aerosync.
Thanks for the input. Definitely a vote of confidence regarding durability.

Side note: Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? Was fitment pretty good or was there modification required?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
looks like someone got a saw and cut that out.
I know it's weird, right? Like it perfectly broke off. Waiting for a call from the dealer service manager to sort this out...
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Better hurry if your going Aerosinc - those sell like HOTCAKES..I just ordered mine. Ive been waiting for that bumper for months..
Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
nkohler

Originally Posted by sry110
Thanks for the input. Definitely a vote of confidence regarding durability.

Side note: Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? Was fitment pretty good or was there modification required?
I had a friend of mine do it who does own a body shop. He said the fit was not perfect but very good for an after market piece. With a little tweaking he got it darn near perfect.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn....sorry to see that man

Veilside might be pretty damn tough to get right now as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by nkohler

Urethane FTW!!!

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 12-08-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Florida School system sucks... just as much as my spelling.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Voboy

aerosyncs extend lower than the stock bumper + lip, but they are closer to the body of the car (i.e. the lip does not stick as far out as the veilside does) fwiw.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

the aerosync sits lower - I've had both

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-08-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
dtsj350z

I had both as well. Can go wrong with either one. Arosync sits lower, so you're gonna scrape. The bumper hits the ground hard one time but only crack the paint. I regret not buying a spare one that sell locally for $250. Its $495 shipped right now.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,303 Likes on 1,658 Posts

So after you picked up the car from the dealer and drove it to work, then you noticed this. Now your blaming it on the dealer for the damage. If i were the dealer, i would say get bent.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by terrasmak
So after you picked up the car from the dealer and drove it to work, then you noticed this. Now your blaming it on the dealer for the damage. If i were the dealer, i would say get bent.
LOL well, thank you for your bright commentary. But I went back to the dealership and drove up to the parking spot number that was indicated on my little service keychain thing, and lo and behold there next to the curb sits the missing 30% of my Veilside lip. Brought the service manager outside and showed him the smoking gun and he was pretty disappointed with his service folks. It looks like what happened was that when the service tech parked the car he wedged the corner of the lip up over the edge of the curbe (angled head-in parking), then when they pulled the car out the curb must have caught the back edge of the lip and just ripped it off.

They are going to make the situation right. They offered to order the Veilside lip and have it shipped to their body shop, then bring my car over there and give me a loaner until the work is finished. I told them I may pick a different lip or bumper and they said that's fine, I will just pay the difference for the cost of the part.

To the others who actually gave some info on the bumper, thank you, that helps a good bit. If the Aerosync sits a bit lower but does not stick out as far, it may work out just fine. As a point of reference, here is what I have to deal with going in and out of my driveway:

Last edited by sry110; 12-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 PM
juju

Good luck finding a Veilside V1 these days :/

I'm about to go pick up my Z with my new fiberglass lip installed. Now I'm scared of driving :O

EDIT: glad to hear the shop is taking full responsibility

Last edited by juju; 12-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
the aerosync sits lower - I've had both
If you had to estimate how much lower...what's your guess? Also please see the two pictures I posted later....think the aerosync would clear? In those pics I probably have half an inch clearance between the front most point on the VS lip and the pavement in the worst-case condition.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Voboy

IMO i think you'll be rubbing the bumper with reference to those pictures. Time to get some wood or driveway ramps...
Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by Voboy
IMO i think you'll be rubbing the bumper with reference to those pictures. Time to get some wood or driveway ramps...
Yeah I am a little worried about it but I'm gonna snag one anyway and cross my fingers. If I have to park it out in the street until I figure something out, so be it. I actually don't mind if it rubs a little....I just don't want to be really catching the edge.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
nkohler

going in on that drive will be fine with the aerosync if you go in and a pretty good angle. I would only back out of that though, again at an angle.

My drive is steeper than that and most times I do not rub, and if I do it is just barely and it is because I did not angle it well enough.

Here is my ride height for reference.

Last edited by nkohler; 12-08-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:49 PM
sry110

Thanks for the pics man. I think I'm just gonna go for it and see what happens. The angle on mine is too steep to go in forwards....at least, it was with the Veilside lip. Could be due to how far the VS lip sticks out at the very front. Maybe I'll be able to get up with the Aerosync if I cut it at a good angle. We'll see...it's a new adventure!

What are you lowered on? Amy do you have any pics of the end of your driveway? Sorry I know that's a weird question, but it might put my mind at ease a bit.

Last edited by sry110; 12-08-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Veilside V1 versus Aerosync