Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti-Dip Questions & Projects Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:49 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I like how you're taking the comments better than most newbs especially the sensitive guys. Keep working on the car, it's a never ending evolution anyways. Check out drummergirl's build, one of our few female modders.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:58 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,051 Likes on 6,517 Posts

i really like how she didnt get pissy.... hey OP remember it is your car do with it as you please.

like my dad used to say, an opinion is like an A-hole, everyone has one and they usually stink
Old 08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Lawlessh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support! I'll have to post up pictures of the new look... Going seafoam green pearl with it.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Mcdildoude

Originally Posted by Phenom
I love my 350z but every time I see one of these plastidipped Z's with an ebay lip and wheels from some cast garbage knockoff company I'm one step closer to selling it.
Millionaire man over here, congrats to you if you like spending 3k plus for wheels and 500$+ for a piece of carbon fiber that will scrape the pavement everytime you come into a driveway.makes you real cool i guess, and the day you look back and say **** i shouldve kept that money and put it on something else rather then blow it on **** im stuck with ill be there laughin at you for spending 10 times the price to get "real" parts/wheels.

I mod my z for me, dont like plastidip? Wtf are you doing on this thread?
Dont like knock off wheels? Why do you think we care?
Thinking of selling your z? Go right ahead itll be a rude awakening when your "real parts investement" doesnt do so well on fetching you extra cash
Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM
mr. sparco

Originally Posted by Mcdildoude
Millionaire man over here, congrats to you if you like spending 3k plus for wheels and 500$+ for a piece of carbon fiber that will scrape the pavement everytime you come into a driveway.makes you real cool i guess, and the day you look back and say **** i shouldve kept that money and put it on something else rather then blow it on **** im stuck with ill be there laughin at you for spending 10 times the price to get "real" parts/wheels.

Thinking of selling your z? Go right ahead itll be a rude awakening when your "real parts investement" doesnt do so well on fetching you extra cash
Panties up in a bunch?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:23 PM
travlee
Master

Old 08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

McDildo need to up his intake of Ritalin...
Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 08-27-2014, 04:57 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Jesus.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
RedScytheZ

Originally Posted by Lawlessh
Thanks guys. I appreciate the support! I'll have to post up pictures of the new look... Going seafoam green pearl with it.
Keep up the work. I can't hate on the dip because when done right it can make a car pop. If its good enough for a GTR then why the heck not. I have some on my stock bumper under the grill anyway so who cares

You guys all posted my feels.
Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Panties up in a bunch?
Originally Posted by travlee9374
Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
McDildo need to up his intake of Ritalin...

Originally Posted by SR71
Old 08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Mcdildoude

Originally Posted by travlee9374
Truth hurts doesn't it
Old 08-27-2014, 06:43 PM
travlee
Master

not at all, i can afford to mod my car the right way..... can you??
Old 08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe you can maybe you can't, but a lot of younger folks on the forum can't differentiate between having the cash and being able to afford.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:02 PM
travlee
Master

i have plasti on my car... on the emblems. i have no problem with it in moderation
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Mcdildoude

I have the cash lol and a good career , i can afford to put brand name i choose not to.
Makes no sense to me to pay 3000$ for something i can find for 1000 that looks the same or close to and simply not pay for the name brand.

As far as plasti dip, why not, its made to be a temporary solution to lets say try a new color before painting or quick fix a beatup paint job while waiting on a spot at the body shop. I rather a guy plasti dip his car then ride around with beatup paint and peeling clear coat, althought not the best its definatly the better of the two options.

And as far as right way and wrong way to mod your car, why should i spend three times to price for overkill setup when for my needs a rep will do the job just fine.

I couldve gone and gotten a 370 off the lot, but i want a toy not to throw money out the window on depreciation. Call me cheap if youd like, i call it being smart with my money and not living paychek to paychek no matter how big my paychek may be

Last edited by Mcdildoude; 08-27-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 PM
mr. sparco

Old 08-28-2014, 05:11 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

I mod my car for me too, and I guess I'm one of the guys with too much pride to cheap out and put chinese knockoff sh*t and spray-on rubber on my car. Times have changed apparently, go take a look at the builds a lot of our members have put together 5-10 years ago. Most Z's were actually well done, respectable vehicles. The teenagers and ricers like yourself were heavily outnumbered. There are still a bunch of quality builds on this forum, but we're becoming even more of the minority every time someone like you gets their hands on a Z that they promptly molest with ebay parts.

You must be under the impression that I spend anything other than "play around" money on my car if you think I'm worried about the investment potential of my mods. You think I'm wasting money by spending it on quality parts? Then what do you call spending money to downgrade your OEM parts?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:39 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I mod my car for me too, and I guess I'm one of the guys with too much pride to cheap out and put chinese knockoff sh*t and spray-on rubber on my car. Times have changed apparently, go take a look at the builds a lot of our members have put together 5-10 years ago. Most Z's were actually well done, respectable vehicles. The teenagers and ricers like yourself were heavily outnumbered. There are still a bunch of quality builds on this forum, but we're becoming even more of the minority every time someone like you gets their hands on a Z that they promptly molest with ebay parts.

You must be under the impression that I spend anything other than "play around" money on my car if you think I'm worried about the investment potential of my mods. You think I'm wasting money by spending it on quality parts? Then what do you call spending money to downgrade your OEM parts?
Amen!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 AM
Mcdildoude

My wheels and the oem wheels not much difference, and lip doesnt affect performance. As far as mechanical parts i agree with you 100% that this is an area where putting cheap parts will come back and bite you in the *** and i dont plan on putting knock off anything in or around my engine bay/drivetrain/brakes. But as far as body add ons, i dont mind the lip that i have right now as it does the job until my kit can be delivered and fitted onto my z and properly painted. For now plasti dipping the car to mask the crappy state of my paint sounds alot better then riding around with shitty paint.

I agree that when the z were selling for much more cash, builds were at higher standards but now the sad reality is you can pickup a z for dirt cheap and some people are gonna go about modding it completly wrong and cheap out on everything.
I dont care much about the looks of mine for now but wont settle for under par mechanical parts.
Trust me that ebay lip's days are numbered i just havent taken the time to put the ings +1 i have sitting in the garage while i wait on a jspec2 kit. And no spots available until winter at reputable bodyshops in my area for a complete paint job.

However if thats all some people can afford to put on, just makes yours look better in comparison so why hate on it

Last edited by Mcdildoude; 08-28-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:54 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I can understand people that buy quality parts get ticked off at people that buy replica parts because it takes away from the authentic parts. Most people that have replica parts try to pull them off as real parts. People with the X02 exhausts say they have a HKS exhaust, people with Varrstoen wheels say they have TE37s. Unfortunately IMO this takes away from the real parts, because sometimes the replica parts do look very similar to the authentic parts, and because of this sometimes people that are rocking real parts are not getting the credit they deserve because outsiders assume the parts are replicas because of the price difference. I myself do this, whenever I see "TE37s" I normally assume they are the replica wheels, since 90% of them on the street are replicas. So I can completely understand why some people that put their heart and soul and alot of money into their cars can be upset.

Now, I don't understand why people with replica parts hate so much on the people with authentic parts. I have been in arguments on this forum with people that have bashed me for buying an authentic exhaust when getting a HKS knockoff is so much cheaper. They said I wasted my money, and at the end of the day all the parts are the same because they use the same stainless steel. I find it so stupid for people to hate on authentic parts. Wow they are money, they are more money for a reason, the quality and name. I commend the people that mod their car "right" using the authentic parts.

Now I myself have purchased authentic and replica parts. My spoiler is a evo-r blitz replica. I call it a evo-r spoiler, not a blitz. Maybe I will say blitz replica. But now if I hated on someone that has an authentic blitz spoiler because they paid more money for the real thing, how am I not an idiot?

Before I had my Z I had a EP3 Civic SI, and was on the forum for over 5 years. Unfortunately many people that are recently joining on here remind me of the Civic forum. Bunch of teenagers that don't know any better, asking for our opinions and when we give them the truth they cry and then try to hate on the veteran members.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip Questions & Projects Thread