Sponsored by:

Questions about Evo-r VSV1 lip install

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Eightonesix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Evo-r VSV1 lip install

Any one who have this lip, maybe you can answer a few questions for me:

Anyway, I bought the lip about a month or so ago and just left it in my basement so the paint can some what "cure" before I have it Clear Bra'd. I want to get that done before mounting it on my front bumper. I haven't really looked at it since I received it until today. I see that it is pre-drilled for the 2 bolts on the bottom of both sides, my question is what do I do with the 4 little self tapping screws that came with it? Is it really necessary with the four bolts on bottom already holding it up + 3M double sided tape-I really prefer not to make any unnecessary holes in my bumper unless it is really needed. I didn't get very much 3M tape with it either, where did you guys apply the tape at? The lip didn't come with any instructions but it looks easy enough to do/figure it out myself but I just want to make sure before i start.

Thanks

Last edited by Eightonesix; 10-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:58 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Lip install tips

Originally Posted by Eightonesix

Anyway, I bought the lip about a month or so ago and just left it in my basement so the paint can some what "cure" before I have it Clear Bra'd. I want to get that done before mounting it on my front bumper. I haven't really looked at it since I received it until today. I see that it is pre-drilled for the 2 bolts on the bottom of both sides, my question is what do I do with the 4 little self tapping screws that came with it? Is it really necessary with the four bolts on bottom already holding it up + 3M double sided tape-I really prefer not to make any unnecessary holes in my bumper unless it is really needed. I didn't get very much 3M tape with it either, where did you guys apply the tape at? The lip didn't come with any instructions but it looks easy enough to do/figure it out myself but I just want to make sure before i start.

Thanks
If you go to the thread on MINE'S LIP,there is loads of info on this installation.But in summary,what year is your Z?If its a 06-08,there is less mounting surface on the center section of the bumper.The 3-m tape supplied,is only enough for the center "bar".I'd get some additional tape to use on all surfaces that touch the bumper surface.Use the bolts that you remove from the bumper for the 2 on each side pre drilled holes.The self tapping screws(4) are for the small lip that goes around the wheel well edge.
You really only need to used (1) screw per side.I'd drill a small pilot hole in the lip before screwing into the wheel well lip.Paint those screw heads black to finish.
This lip,after you clean all sufaces with alcohol/apply tape,is a 30 minute job.
It will just pop into place.Good idead to jack up the front of your car about 6-8 inches to give you enough room to get at the 4 bolts under the car.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 AM
JCITY
Banned

Question

Originally Posted by Eightonesix

Thanks
clear brad'd??why?
the clear coat on it is great.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:43 AM
RandyK1

Originally Posted by JCITY
clear brad'd??why?
the clear coat on it is great.
Rock chips???
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 AM
JCITY
Banned

Question

Originally Posted by RandyK1
Rock chips???
I've had the same lip on my Z for almost 2 years,not on e "rock chip".
Maybe you live/drive in an area where there are alot of rocks?
Just my 2 cents,the bra is just gonna look dope on the lip.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Eightonesix

Thanks for the tips guys, I searched "install VSV1 lip" but didn't think of searching the "Mine's lip"-will do. So those screws are for the wheel wells-that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure before I go drilling.

About the Clear Bra, since the front portion of my car already have a clear bra on it, I thought I might as well do the lip also. That stuff is worth its weight in gold IMHO. I have a Nogaro Red '08 and there are some tiny white chips that pops up here and there where it isn't bra'd-drives me crazy. Also it makes it easy to wipe off the bugs and it don't stain the paint plus that area always looks shiny & clean with it.