Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearcorners Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
joekool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearcorners Turn Signal

Does anyone know where to get this from? Here's a link/pic if you don't know what I'm talking about: (oh and it's the bulb on the top)

http://www.clearcorners.com/products.../z33/h_lamp2w/

Old 12-19-2011, 11:59 PM
joekool

actually just looking at it again, it looks like you have to split the headlight apart just to install/replace one? amirite?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts

that is correct.

they go in the oven, pry apart...and is 100% a custom built feature, and you can either pay them a TON to do so, or built it yourself.

Looks pretty cool tho.. i went another route myself.

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM
joekool

show us what you did!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:59 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, wanna get rid of that useless bulb on top and put a snowglobe or something in its spot
Old 12-20-2011, 04:03 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

^^ i concur.. wait til you see what i did.. ill PM it to you..

but OP.. as for showing the world?? Not just yet... cars not out and running yet, and i assume my mod will catch on..( well, kind of)
Ill wait until the photoshott is done,, then i will post a full diy thread.

I did a ton of work.

id like to be the first to rock my own design.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
joekool

pm to me too pls!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Michla22

As stated above - yes the light would need to be taken apart and yes they are full custom.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

^^ very very clean though.

I'm still debating on the red led strip halo for mine.. its getting VERY tight in that area.. we shall see tho..
Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

BTW OP, that clear corners turn signal is ( or should i say "could be") made of the same corrugated plastic that goes in office ceiling panels over the flourescent bulbs, and is cut to shape to fit the headlight, and back lit. Thats it.. its a GREAT design element tho..

Take some cardboard and slowly cut and trim and build it up to fit gaps closely using black tape etc.. once you get it pretty close, redo the piece of cardboard again as close as possible to perfect.. once you get it right.. use them as a template and carefully cut out the plastic using it as a template.

Since your template trace line is outside diameter, your part will be ever so slightly too big, allowing you to carefully block sand the edges smooth and for a snug fit.

If it were me, id pay special attention to the angles in which they sit in the openings, and make sure they match on each side and each headlight.

the manner in which you adhere them will be visible as well when the lights are on, so pay attention to that as well.

Id also use an led bulb as you arent going to want to get in there and change them later on. Buy one that lights as evenly as possible.. led doesnt fill out lights very well..

Anyways.. thats my piece.. IM out.. hope it fuels some though for the true DIYers.

and as for pictures of my set up?

Wont show it until the car is done.. sorry man.
I already showed BBS and he already wants to scoop me on the idea haha.. but has kindly agreed to wait until mine is done before he tries to mimic the design himself.

Much appreciated btw!

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-21-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
orangeNblue

wow michla22! Those are freaking gorgeous. I would love to get rid of all the bulbs on mine. what exactly did you use?

as for it being crazy expensive for someone to do, mine wasn't really that bad. I had the guy at twisted houzings paint mine and compared to these websites it was extremely cheap! Of course I didn't opt for all the fancy led's or the iron man mod.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Michla22

Originally Posted by orangeNblue
wow michla22! Those are freaking gorgeous. I would love to get rid of all the bulbs on mine. what exactly did you use?
I didn't do any of it - I just shelled out $$ to have it done. I do most everything myself on my car but when it comes to paint and cracking open the headlights I leave that to the pros.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Yea, it's too bad that so called pro still has my property and has failed to return it. Plus scammed me out of $575 for a new lens housing promising me that the paint would not touch the inside of the lens and yet it came to me with the paint touching again. I would never give clearcorners.com business ever again. Plus, his prices are rip off. I can't believe I spent over 4,000 grand with this guy and in the end he fawked me over instead of rather keeping me as a customer paying for more products. My advice is not to mess with the headlights at all. It's just going to be a nightmare. Stay away.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

yep, this is what i hear..
Ceasar at lightwerkz is cool, doesnt do any of the crazy looking stuf, but the work was SOLID and is not a bsement shop.
I think i paid like 550-600 for paint, sti lens, halo and iron man.

I was afraid to do work to them msyelf too, but i think my apitude for these things, steady hand, and available downtime on the car will allow me to get fantastic results.. i dont do anything ill informed or half @ss..

but i hear yal.. 4k is pretty standard for their work.. rudeGs car went the same route w him.. halo'd taillights etc.. had problems.. not sure what they were tho.oh well.

YES, for the average DIY-er, leave your headlights alone..

its a commitment to opening them up every few years to clean and polish as it seems the uv hardcoat dies much quicker after they have been dicked around with.

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
old_s13

Originally Posted by G0053
Yea, it's too bad that so called pro still has my property and has failed to return it. Plus scammed me out of $575 for a new lens housing promising me that the paint would not touch the inside of the lens and yet it came to me with the paint touching again. I would never give clearcorners.com business ever again. Plus, his prices are rip off. I can't believe I spent over 4,000 grand with this guy and in the end he fawked me over instead of rather keeping me as a customer paying for more products. My advice is not to mess with the headlights at all. It's just going to be a nightmare. Stay away.
Shawn, I cant believe its been what... 4-5 months and you're still crying. If you wanna put an axe in this then give me a call, apologize for saying mean things, and lets move on.

You're a cool guy but you seriously gotta learn when to call it quits.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant believe they charge $400 for dome LED's. and what i really dont get... is the people that pay for that shiiiit.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

id sell led dome lights for 400 bucks too if ppl would buy them.. ill give them credit tho.. they were doing these mods w LEds far before they became popular and cheap.. alot of proprietary stuff for sure.. and well, you pay for that for sure.
Like everything tho.. now its widespread and cheap.

Thanks CHINA! haha.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by old_s13
Shawn, I cant believe its been what... 4-5 months and you're still crying. If you wanna put an axe in this then give me a call, apologize for saying mean things, and lets move on.

Mike, I came to you after what happened to me with CinCity and you promised me the WORLD. I can't believe you have the nerve to come on here and say stuff like "you're still crying". You lied to me and to this day you still have my property.

The paint was touching the inside of the lens not even after 150 miles of GTM test driving my car. Sent the lights back and you and you said you cleaned it up as much as you could but it wasn't perfect. I asked you what would it take to make it perfect. You said buying a new lens housing. I asked you while we talked on the phone and I still remember it to this day, "Buying this new lens housing will guarantee me that the paint will not touch the inside of the lens". You said "Correct". So I bought the new lens housing (which I never should have paid for, you should have covered it because your original work was flawed) and when I got the light back...the paint was still touching.

I called you out on it and what do you do? You ignore my calls, my emails. Calling me rude and other words. Trying to put this blame on me as if it was something I did wrong.

Originally Posted by old_s13

Oh, now you want me to call you? I've been calling you and emailing way before and trying to work this out. You didn't want no part of talking to me. You think I just want an apology? Are you kidding me? I want my driver's side headlight housing property back and I want the $575 you scammed me out of by lying to me over the phone.

Yes, I know I am a cool guy you don't need to tell me this, but YOU need to learn to return my property and my money. I'm willing to remove all the stuff on the forum and my icon once you do the right thing and make things right. Until then, fawk you Mike you lying scammer. Clearcorners.com
Old 12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Oh, AND...As much as I hated CinCity Designs for doing such garbage work. As least Nick sent me a brand new set of OEM headlights and refunded ALL my money. So technically, CinCity Designs did the right thing, and Mr. Mike @ Clearcorners has not. I never thought I would see that.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:59 PM
orangeNblue

Originally Posted by Michla22
I didn't do any of it - I just shelled out $$ to have it done. I do most everything myself on my car but when it comes to paint and cracking open the headlights I leave that to the pros.
Same here...too delicate a procedure for me to fool with. When it comes to headlights I decided not to screw around.

Props to whoever did the work...your headlights look sick!

Quick Reply: Clearcorners Turn Signal