Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350Z carbon Fiber rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 05:51 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I REALLY wish we had some brighter pictures. You can't see a thing in those real dark shots on a dark car. Get us some well lit pics, then we can make up our mind on whether we want it or if it is fugly, lol.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:09 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i dont wanna hijack Evo-R's thread.. i'll post some picts of mine when i get back home (i'm still on vacation)

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Chebosto, when is yours comming out? I remember you had the idea a while ago. Is it still work in progress? Would love to see yours too.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:03 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
OK, no one is saying anything. Is this just a visual mod or does it do something? It looks extremely gross if you ask me, which you didn't. I can understand if it serves some function because I certainly wouldn't install it for form! It seems to completley disrupt any smooth flowing lines of the Z (or any of the cars in the pics linked). Let me know...
The purpose is to create smooth airflow underneath the car. I've been waiting for this piece for quite some time. I like it.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:16 PM
FLY BY Z

Under what circumstances will there be an obvious difference besides when standing behind the Z?
Old 12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Ultimateone

who cares?
Some people will buy it for looks, Some possibly for function if it does the job.
There's seems to be a reason why so many are sold in Japan on all car makes. Hell I'll buy it cause it looks badass.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:35 PM
reen

It does much more than just smooth airflow exiting the car.

A rear diffuser creates a low pressure area as the compressed air underneath the car is allowed to uniformly expand. This low pressure is now underneath the rear of the car, instead of totally behind it. This creates rear downforce, a significant amount at high speeds.

You'll need to be hauling *** for it to be effective, but if you haul *** regularly (100+) it's a useful mod.

Besides, it looks badass!
Old 12-30-2003, 06:45 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yep, another option if you don't want install GT wing on the car. But GT wing effect, does more down force. It did help me at 293KM/H. Rear end won't move left and right.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! You people are ****ing sheep! This piece will have little to no affect on your car's aero as a stand alone piece. Do any of you even understand underbody diffusers and what their purpose is? A complete underbody diffuser package coupled with properly set-up front and rear wings creates a vacuum on the underside of the car, effectively sucking it down to the tarmac at high speeds. 130, 140, 150 MPH, people. Not while going to work and school.

Here, see if these pictures can help you better understand.

Buy it up, sheeple. Just admit it's lack of honest functionality and pure rice appeal is why you're getting it.

regards,
droid <--- proud to own the next heir apparent to the Civic as most butchered automobile
Old 12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
jeffrey

Maybe you shoulda bought an Audi or a Volvo, Droid.

I really enjoy how people treat the Z like it's not an import like any other import. It's absolutely the most amusing part of this board.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:39 PM
droideka

Originally posted by jeffrey
Maybe you shoulda bought an Audi or a Volvo, Droid.

I really enjoy how people treat the Z like it's not an import like any other import. It's absolutely the most amusing part of this board.
Unless I'm mistaken, are Audis and Volvos not imports?

The Z is most certainly an import, a Japanese car, but for ****'s sake, do people really have to make it look like a goddamned toy?
Old 12-30-2003, 07:41 PM
alindo

to each his own....
Old 12-30-2003, 08:29 PM
jeffrey

Originally posted by droideka
Unless I'm mistaken, are Audis and Volvos not imports?

The Z is most certainly an import, a Japanese car, but for ****'s sake, do people really have to make it look like a goddamned toy?
You know what I meant Droid, don't nitpick or play ignorant.

And chill dude, I wasn't being hostile, I was playing with ya.

The way something looks, especially a car, is really subjective to each individual. Just beacuse you do not like it doesn't mean the masses don't or it's a bad thing.

Opinions are what makes us individuals for sure and expressing you're opinion is your right (that whole 1st amendment thing ).

But you don't have to be a dick about it really.

And posting in a thread with your only intention being to point out how stupid you think something is... well, is being a dick about it.

Just chill bro, enjoy your car, let other's enjoy theirs.

PS: I wouldn't buy one either just beacuse I think for streeting applications it doesn't make much sense. But I'm not going to post here just to be negative about it, what's the point in that? I'm wouldn't be doing anything but showing the members of this forum how much of a dick I could be about something. And what exactly would be the point in that.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:57 PM
droideka

Originally posted by jeffrey
You know what I meant Droid, don't nitpick or play ignorant.

And chill dude, I wasn't being hostile, I was playing with ya.

The way something looks, especially a car, is really subjective to each individual. Just beacuse you do not like it doesn't mean the masses don't or it's a bad thing.

Opinions are what makes us individuals for sure and expressing you're opinion is your right (that whole 1st amendment thing ).

But you don't have to be a dick about it really.

And posting in a thread with your only intention being to point out how stupid you think something is... well, is being a dick about it.

Just chill bro, enjoy your car, let other's enjoy theirs.

PS: I wouldn't buy one either just beacuse I think for streeting applications it doesn't make much sense. But I'm not going to post here just to be negative about it, what's the point in that? I'm wouldn't be doing anything but showing the members of this forum how much of a dick I could be about something. And what exactly would be the point in that.
First, I am a dick. Ask anyone that knows me. Second, when people like me are dicks, maybe, just maybe we can help people to wake up and say to themselves, "You know, perhaps I could put the money I was going to spend on this into I driving event where I can go and learn to drive the **** out of my car in a controlled environment, receive valuable knowledge regarding my particular vehicle's driving dynamics at speed and just have a helluva time." That has more long-term value than any single mod any of us could ever make.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:05 PM
jeffrey

Originally posted by droideka
First, I am a dick. Ask anyone that knows me. Second, when people like me are dicks, maybe, just maybe we can help people to wake up and say to themselves, "You know, perhaps I could put the money I was going to spend on this into I driving event where I can go and learn to drive the **** out of my car in a controlled environment, receive valuable knowledge regarding my particular vehicle's driving dynamics at speed and just have a helluva time." That has more long-term value than any single mod any of us could ever make.
Again, that's your opinion.

Be a dick all you want, but it doesn't mean everyone (or anyone) is going to necessarily agree with you.

If your intention was to show everyone your chosen method of self-expression (and mindest that follows), rest assuredly you are doing a bang up job.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
FLY BY Z

droideka of course i agree with you. i can't see this doing anything useful on any type of street car at least the way the pic shows it. hence, my questions. i feel the same way as you except i am not a dick like you. more the occasional a$$ but never a dick.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:23 PM
jeffrey

I agree too FBZ, but I'm not going to go out of my way to post in a thread just to say how stupid I think something is.

That was basically the point, that there well.. is no point.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:04 PM
PhoenixINX

Droid - you'll always be okay in my books!

Though seriously, I smell the pot calling the kettle black.

You're talking about a useless "feature"... yet what about your grounding kit? You and I both know it's just as useless and didn't add anything.

Let these people do their thing, and you save your breath for something worth arguing about!

Happy New Years!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:10 PM
jeffrey

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Let these people do their thing, and you save your breath for something worth arguing about!
Exactly.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Blownaway

TOURING "PLUS" :: SIX-SPEED :: SILVERSTONE/CHARCOAL
NISMO S-Tune Suspension w/sways
STOPTECH FRONT BRAKES - 13.1" Slotted Rotors w/BLACK ST-40 Calipers
Gunmetal VOLK LE37T - 18x8.5 +30 & 18x9.5 +35
Kumho Ecsta MXs :: 245/40/18-275/40/18
30% Tint
Passport 8500 Hardwire
SKiDaZZLe® Grounding Kit
STOCK air filter
JDM Sport Horns
REEN CF emblem fills
Evil

Looks like your one of the heard.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:25 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Actually, Phoenix, as has been documented on this board before, the grounding kits do add measurable amounts of power. Moreso than some so called CAI.

As for this "useless" item, I always find it interesting how the Z police show up to tell others what will and won't do anything beneficial on their car.

This piece has not been tested in a wind tunnel so what it will or won't do can not be stated for an absolute fact.

Can a rear diffuser alone add downforce? Yes, it can. Check out the latest EVO magazine for an article about the new Caterham Seven being developed. The rear diffuser alone helped the car on the track. Of course as more parts were added to control the under car airflow the car got better and better. But to Droideka's point that there is no way this part will be of any benefit aerodynamically on its own, it can. Will it, that may be a different story.

Then there is the persons right to do it just cuz they like the way it looks. Their car, their choice.

Beyond that, if you don't like it, and don't want to provide constructive beneficial input, move on. If you feel it is your destiny help save people from themselves (seems like a strange roll for Droid ) try the constructive input I mentioned above.

Back to the thread,

Any new info?

D

Quick Reply: 350Z carbon Fiber rear Diffuser