Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06+ Bi-Xenon Headlight Complete by LightWerkz

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:55 AM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the price for getting this mod done by lightwerkz?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

really after reading you didnt have enough IQ to see the link posted and it says Contact him via email or phone? DA
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tkuntz
what is the price for getting this mod done by lightwerkz?
Please read everything.

Originally Posted by Robert_K
EDIT: I have received several PMs about pricing. I'm not trying to come off as an a$$ but I don't normally disclosed my pricing. All his pricing is located on his website; http://shop.lightwerkz.net/. However your best route is to contact him via phone or e-mail. I used e-mail as I'm currently in Iraq and he was very fast to response.He was very helpful with me and knowledgeable on the subject matter. IMO, if you are going to paint your headlights at the minimum have the lens swapped to the JDM STi lens. It produces a much clearer light beam.

~Robert
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
tkuntz

o just chill out for a minute there big guy.

my bad for not understanding all the details, appreciate the response on my slip up Robert.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

nice job. i got mine done by Caesar as well.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by JDSMotoring
nice job. i got mine done by Caesar as well.
Thanks!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks great Robert. Can't tell from the photos or your description: are yours painted gloss black, matte black, something else?

This is going to be my next mod, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to do the angel eye portion. I'll have to do some searching to see if that's the look I want. They look great blacked out though!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by sry110
Looks great Robert. Can't tell from the photos or your description: are yours painted gloss black, matte black, something else?

This is going to be my next mod, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to do the angel eye portion. I'll have to do some searching to see if that's the look I want. They look great blacked out though!
I went backed and look and notice I typed "semi-black." Thought I type the correct description. Anyhow... They are a semi-flat black. I'm not a fan of angel eyes, even from factory manufactures like BMW. However I do like how LightWerkz placed the angel eye behind the HID shroud. It gives a different look. See below.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 AM
sry110

^ That does look good! Looks like you removed the parking light and wired the angel eye to the existing parking light circuit? Also I'm assuming there is an inverter in-line to power the angel eyes. Does Lightwerks mount the inverters to the back of the housings, and if so what does the wiring look like i.e. what is required to connect it to the existing parking light wiring?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

^ That does look good! Looks like you removed the parking light and wired the angel eye to the existing parking light circuit? Also I'm assuming there is an inverter in-line to power the angel eyes. Does Lightwerks mount the inverters to the back of the housings, and if so what does the wiring look like i.e. what is required to connect it to the existing parking light wiring?
I'm going to be honest, I don't know. I told Caesar what I wanted and sent my light to him. LOL I'll shoot him an e-mail. I'm over in Iraq and hopefully will be home in April to see my finished car. More Car Info; https://my350z.com/forum/texas/54165...ore-boost.html
Old 03-26-2012, 07:45 AM
sry110

I'm going to be honest, I don't know. I told Caesar what I wanted and sent my light to him. LOL I'll shoot him an e-mail. I'm over in Iraq and hopefully will be home in April to see my finished car. More Car Info; https://my350z.com/forum/texas/54165...ore-boost.html
Ah ok. I actually have an email correspondence started with someone at Lightwerkz (I'm assuming Caesar? but he didn't add his name to the end of the email) so I can ask the question when it comes about.

Be safe over there!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Ah ok. I actually have an email correspondence started with someone at Lightwerkz (I'm assuming Caesar? but he didn't add his name to the end of the email) so I can ask the question when it comes about.

Be safe over there!
Thanks! I just e-mailed him as well and linked him to this thread. Maybe he'll respond here as I believe he does have an account here.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 AM
IDrm350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question; Did you do a lot of nighttime driving or with the headlight on? I wonder if time on effects this problem.
I didn't drive with my lights on anymore than the next guy. That said, I am sure that there are things that can accelerate the problem like leaving the lights on with the car stationary for long periods of time. When the car is moving, there should be some air circulation to cool the outside of the ballasts and housings but when stationary, they probably heat up pretty hot.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by IDrm350
I didn't drive with my lights on anymore than the next guy. That said, I am sure that there are things that can accelerate the problem like leaving the lights on with the car stationary for long periods of time. When the car is moving, there should be some air circulation to cool the outside of the ballasts and housings but when stationary, they probably heat up pretty hot.
Do you have any pics of how badly the paint bubbled? I'm wondering if a little bit of thermally insulating tape between the ballast and the housing (as someone here suggested already) would be sufficient to prevent this.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by IDrm350
Thanks! Like I mention he made me aware of this and said it doesn't happen often.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Told you Caesar responses quickly!!! Please see below...

Originally Posted by Caesar@LightWerkz
The parking light was not removed, but you can remove if it youd like. The angel eye is already pre wired externally to the parking light wiring. We mount the inverters to the side of the housings but they can always be moved.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
sry110

LOL that's great, thanks!

The only thing that makes me a bit leery of those angel eyes is that my daily driver (2004 wrx) had a set of them installed when I bought it. I believe they are Lightwerkz brand based on some Lightwerkz documentation I found in the previous owner's service records. Anyway, one day I was driving out of the neighborhood and suddenly there's this horrible burning smell and white smoke coming out from under the hood. Popped it open and found that the inverter was actively melting, and the heat was enough to start melting through the nearby ABS wire harness. Now I don't know what causes one of those inverters to overheat to the point of melting....I would hope the circuit fuse pops before the inverter draws that kind of current. I would hate for this sort of thing to happen on my Z.

Regarding your parking lights, I see that Caesar says they were not removed, meanwhile I do not see them lit up in your pictures. Did he just remove the bulb and leave the plug in place?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

LOL that's great, thanks!

The only thing that makes me a bit leery of those angel eyes is that my daily driver (2004 wrx) had a set of them installed when I bought it. I believe they are Lightwerkz brand based on some Lightwerkz documentation I found in the previous owner's service records. Anyway, one day I was driving out of the neighborhood and suddenly there's this horrible burning smell and white smoke coming out from under the hood. Popped it open and found that the inverter was actively melting, and the heat was enough to start melting through the nearby ABS wire harness. Now I don't know what causes one of those inverters to overheat to the point of melting....I would hope the circuit fuse pops before the inverter draws that kind of current. I would hate for this sort of thing to happen on my Z.

Regarding your parking lights, I see that Caesar says they were not removed, meanwhile I do not see them lit up in your pictures. Did he just remove the bulb and leave the plug in place?
I would contact Caesar regarding your WRX. Also those are pictures from LightWerkz's website. They are not "my" lights. I just used them to should you the effect. However I will most likely remove my parking light to draw more attention to the shroud.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Quick iPhone Pics; Replacing the amber turn bulbs with a single filament.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Last edited by Robert_K; 10-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: '06+ Bi-Xenon Headlight Complete by LightWerkz