Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to verify Shine Auto products?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
^ Post up pics once installed. I'm thinking of ditching the vortex generators for the Nismo rear spats.
that's been done before by a friend of mine. look up username "akks350z" for pics.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
^ Post up pics once installed. I'm thinking of ditching the vortex generators for the Nismo rear spats.
Will do - it'll probably be ~3 weeks from now though, by the the time Shine makes it and ships it across the country. I had some Nismo rep rear spats in CF that I actually just sold. Was ready for something new, so I'll be running the full diffuser + vortex generators. Now I just have to decide whether to re-install my VeilSide side wings, or run the diffuser with the stock side skirts.

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
that's been done before by a friend of mine. look up username "akks350z" for pics.
His looks pretty sick, but I think he is actually using TopSecret rear spats (or possibly G35 ones?), and not Nismo, at least based on the last photo I saw of it. However, there was a member on here "fartcanon" who had a black Z with Nismo JDM style spats molded to his rear bumper, with the TS diffuser mounted in the middle. That looked pretty good too.

Last edited by sry110; 07-31-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah fartcanon's looked good as well. do it it's always good to try different things.

sorry to go OT OP
Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
yeah fartcanon's looked good as well. do it it's always good to try different things.

sorry to go OT OP
Not a problem, my issue has been resolved
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Well, somewhat successful. I've successfully identified the parts as shine products, but I've now raised the issue that my package didn't come with canards that I explicitly asked for to the vendor. To sum up what happened:

I ask for a quote for the "full kit shipped"

I am told 925.

I ask if I have the option to exclude the canards to lower the price

I am told that the price would not be reduced.

I say ok in that case I will take the canards.

No canards in the package, I tell the vendor they are missing.

I am told they were not part of the invoice.

I said I'm not sure why they wouldn't be, I specifically stated I would like them and that I wasnt given the invoice until after the order was placed anyway. On top of that, how is the customer to know that canards aren't included by default as part of the front bumper on the invoice.

I was told they are a separate item and they cost extra.

That where the communication left off. Am I in the wrong here due to a misunderstanding or did they screw up and are trying to cover their asses? When people ask for a full kit and are given a price, that price does not include the canards? I was under the impression the canards go hand in hand with the front.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

^ Well, that's a tricky one. You asked whether the canards could be excluded, but they never said the canards were included in the first place. So by them saying that excluding the canards would not decrease the price, that could be like them saying, "no, we won't offer you a discount for not shipping you the thing that we wasn't included in the first place".

Might come down to semantics. Does "exclude" mean that something was there originally and is now taken away? Or does "exclude" simply mean the opposite of "include"?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I deal with shine daily, actually talk to ken almost every day. He is still in business and I have not had any problems with him or his company. That's why I have all his parts on my car.

Jeremiah
Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Originally Posted by sry110
^ Well, that's a tricky one. You asked whether the canards could be excluded, but they never said the canards were included in the first place. So by them saying that excluding the canards would not decrease the price, that could be like them saying, "no, we won't offer you a discount for not shipping you the thing that we wasn't included in the first place".

Might come down to semantics. Does "exclude" mean that something was there originally and is now taken away? Or does "exclude" simply mean the opposite of "include"?
Exactly my thought which is why I haven't ruled out the possibility of a misunderstanding on my part. On the other side, on shine's website there isn't even an option to add or remove canards, which leads me to believe shine's intention was for them to be a hand in hand package. Similar to certain wheels with center caps, they're just included by default.