Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-brake Handle Thread (that's not MOMO)????

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default E-brake Handle Thread (that's not MOMO)????

So, I've been searching for a bit now to see what we can do about our ebrake handles to add a bit of UMPH to them. I already know how to replace it. I'm interested in seeing what people are using OTHER than MOMO. Every single thread I've found between here and G35driver is momo and while I like the momo stuff, I'm looking to see if anyone uses anything else. Any type of unique handles or rare ish or anything. So, ***** it on up or offer me suggestions as what can be found THAT ISN'T MOMO...lol.

Thanks in advance.

*sidenote, I'm also debating tossing in a hydro e-brake but not sure if I'm going to track my car enough to have a 16inch pole sticking out of the floor. In the spirit of that, post those too...or not. your choice.

Last edited by driftsucky; 12-06-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think a ebrake handle is going to actually help using your ebrake....

And I assume you are talking about drifting, cause you wouldn't want a hydro for any other reason at the track.

If so and you want to stay with the stock setup, The project Mu ebrake shoes work night and day wonders when it comes to locking up the rears for drift. That in a 350z are the best non-hydro setup I have ever seen in any car.

If you do go the hydro route, be sure to get an ASD hydro. They are by far the best. Superb quality, works every time, last a lot longer then PBM, KSport, CNC.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had difficulty when I cheaped out any tried an NRG handbrake just to change up the factory handle. Many handles out there are too narrow for our ebrake setup, so that was one nice thing about the momo. I say go momo but I am biased. Also, like Guilty said, a handle will not be helping with drifting. That comes down to the mechanical aspects of the ebrake system, not the aesthetics!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM
350zjason350z
Know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nardi has an ok looking handle...
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
driftsucky

My ebrake handle doesn't lock up my wheels for jack squat. I've red about the project mu upgrades. That's also why I've considered an ebrake. HOWEVER, I only said that cuz I figured someone would take the username and question and pair a drift scenario. I've looked at teh PBM hydro and if I DID do hydro, it'd probably be that one. But I don't know if I'm going to track this car enough to justify the hydro. It's not really the money (cuz they're only a couple hundred bux) but I don't know if I'm okay with that sticking up. I mean, I may be....buuuut....

I'm not looking for a different handle for drifting. I just don't like the look of stock. I'm looking for aesthetics only with this question.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Try tightening the ebrake on the rear drums, just do it equally on both sides, after doing that my wheels lock up extremely easily.

One thing i wish we could get is a drift button to fit! havent been able to find one that fits over the stock button ughh
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
driftsucky

Originally Posted by driftsucky
I'm not looking for a different handle for drifting. I just don't like the look of stock. I'm looking for aesthetics only with this question.