Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nose Mask Installation ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Nose Mask Installation ??

I tried installing the Nissan mask today and I'm having problems. I can't seem to get this thing on right. Those of you that have this mask, how do you prevent the clips from scratching the paint? Also, did you guys have a hard time installing it the very first time? Lastly, the snap thing that you screw on to the wheel well, this goes on the first screw towards the bumber right? I just had such a hard time today and I'll try it again tomorrow. I guess my main problem is because of the temp. The temp was about 52 today.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:28 AM
Pitlizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been there, just have patiences. It helps if the bra is warm for the first install. First install the snaps in the wheel well and connect both with the bra laying over the engine compartment. Now just pull it down. The light inserts will be tight, I had to trim the one on the left side to fit. The OEM bra should fit like a glove, now it takes just a minute or two to take-off or re-install. Good luck, don't give up.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:01 AM
BlueDragonZ

Originally posted by Pitlizard
I have been there, just have patiences. It helps if the bra is warm for the first install. First install the snaps in the wheel well and connect both with the bra laying over the engine compartment. Now just pull it down. The light inserts will be tight, I had to trim the one on the left side to fit. The OEM bra should fit like a glove, now it takes just a minute or two to take-off or re-install. Good luck, don't give up.
Yeah I guess that is the problem, it's not too warm right now. Do you have screatches where the clips are securing the mask? I guess this is something that can't be avoided.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:51 AM
BlueDragonZ

After about an hour or so, I finally got the damn thing installed. I had to let it sit out in the sun for a little while so the material can get warmed up. I'm pretty happy with it.