Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Rear Bumper Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 AM
TunnyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Rear Bumper Questions

Hey all, I'm about to be replacing some parts on my Z. My main question is how do I find out which aftermarket rear bumpers are a "Direct bolt on"? My rear bumper is damaged so I will be replacing the whole bumper.

Main reason I'm asking is my body shop guy says they only install aftermarket stuff if it fits like the OEM does.

And as much as I wish I could just replace the stuff myself as needed, I live in an apartment and can't have my car apart in the parking lot...

If anyone can give me some insight on which specific rear bumpers that bolt straight on that would be great.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

All aftermarket will require some fitting and some work, nothing will be a perfect bolt on.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM
TunnyZ

looks like its going to have to be an OEM replacement then. I cant find anyone in town who wants to deal with aftermarket body work.

Kinda frustrating.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must live in a small town.I'd think there would be someone that
is on the creative side that would be able to do this?Its really not a difficult job.
If you do find a shop,or may be a shop in another town close by that will do the
job,I'd suggest looking at Shine.They make their stuff right here...U.S./California.
Everything I've bought from Shine fits great.Take a look at their bumpers for the
350.They have several styles.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
TunnyZ

Well, i did some calling around and have found a couple places that will do aftermarket stuff. But as always there is a catch.

They say i have to buy from their parts people. So, I'm assuming the exact stuff i want may not be available.

Oh and i looked into the Shine body pieces, and they look pretty cool. I am wondering however if the offer the actual bumpers in cf or if they just t=do the lips in cf. I emailed them and am awaiting a response.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

not all aftermarket parts need to be modified to fit. its jus that its something u should expect but most times ull get lucky with the part. but it helps to research where others have had good luck with the parts
Old 05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
TunnyZ

Originally Posted by saywat?
not all aftermarket parts need to be modified to fit. its jus that its something u should expect but most times ull get lucky with the part. but it helps to research where others have had good luck with the parts
Well thanks to you guys I now have a new project in mind. I guess I'm going to learn how to do body work the hard way. I'll start a thread about that here within the next few weeks...