Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a replaceable cf dash?
Yes, Definietly!
81.82%
No, Not at all!
18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Fiber Products!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:24 AM
cnile51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Products!

Just got word from an Elite Division Marketing sponser that my z will be used to create carbon fiber b-pillars to house gauges. I know that some members of the forum have been waiting for some gauge pods/pillars to be made. I have also been asked to find out from the other Z owners/Drivers what other components/parts do we want for our cars? Basically the law of supply and demand is here. If there is anything that the members feel should be made for either performance or looks please state them in this thread. Anything carbon fiber that you would be willing to purchase or have any interest in please post it here.
I know there was talk about doing a full replaceable cf dash a few months ago that a lot of members were interested in.
Anything Interior/Exterior/Engine Dress Up that should be made in Cf please share your opinions.
Thank You

NiLe C.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:23 PM
reen

Talking

Great, but I think that an A-pillar gauge pod would be just a bit more visible...
Old 01-26-2004, 06:12 PM
ajk4

i've never been a fan of a-pillar guage pods. imho they look crap. nowadays with digital displays and considering we already have gauge pods that could be easily replaced, it just seems like a bad idea. dont get me wrong i love cf and wish the whole interior was cf, but a-pillar gauge pods really turn my stomach. not so much on a integra or civic, but on a 350z?
Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by ajk4
i've never been a fan of a-pillar guage pods. imho they look crap. nowadays with digital displays and considering we already have gauge pods that could be easily replaced, it just seems like a bad idea. dont get me wrong i love cf and wish the whole interior was cf, but a-pillar gauge pods really turn my stomach. not so much on a integra or civic, but on a 350z?
I agree. Def. a step in the wrong direction.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:04 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few things I wouldn't mind having in CF...

1.) The door handle part where it barrels out. Specifically the plastic area between the handle and the air conditioner vent on both sides of the door.

2.) CF to cover the three pods on the center console.

3.) CF for the lower portion of the dash...(e.g. around the shiftknob)

That's about it. I'm not a huge fan of having CF everywhere but a little touch of dark CF here and there can break the black and plastic monochromatic scheme in my car.

The determining factor is price though. I know alot of these pieces are already fabricated but they're ridiculously priced because they're not manufactured in large quantities. I'm sure alot of people want SOME cf decor and we have to get that across to these fabricators.