Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help locating door panel clip...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Bedore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help locating door panel clip...

I recently purchased a 2008 350Z w/ 38k miles as a summer car. I have noticed that the driver side door panel is kind of loose around the handle when I close the door. I decided to remove the door panel to see if I could find out why and also to replace a broken sail panel/mirror cover/tweeter housing.

Anyhow it quickly became apparent to me why the door panel is loose. It's missing all 3 bolts (both bolts in the arm rest area and the one behind the door handle) and is missing some of the plastic clips as well. I ordered up some plastic clips on eBay already so I should have them soon. I plan to take the bolts from the passenger side door (if they are even there ) to the hardware store tomorrow to try and find matches.

However the clip I cannot find is a metal spring type clip that clips down on a plastic piece that protrudes from the door card. This metal clip fastens the upper right section of the panel to the door itself and is right under the sail panel/tweeter housing. It just will not hold the door panel in. I have checked the courtesy Nissan diagrams but cannot find it so I am pleading to you guys here. Hopefully someone can tell me where to source one.

I cannot understand why someone would take the door panel off and not put it back on right. Oh well, hopefully I can find everything I need to make it right again with your help. Thanks.

Last edited by Bedore; 06-24-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:27 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

I'd go to my local dealer and explain what you're looking for. They have expanded schematics of the door panels and most likely order the special door shim/locating tab for you.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 AM
Bedore

Originally Posted by dkmura
I'd go to my local dealer and explain what you're looking for. They have expanded schematics of the door panels and most likely order the special door shim/locating tab for you.
Yeah that is probably my best bet. I would have done that already except that there is no local dealer and it's a 2 hour drive one way to the nearest one but may be worth it if I cannot find it elsewhere.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:39 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

Wow- that is quite a drive to get to your closest dealer. You could also call a dealer like Courtesy and see if they can reference the part you need.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:31 AM
Bedore

Originally Posted by dkmura
Wow- that is quite a drive to get to your closest dealer. You could also call a dealer like Courtesy and see if they can reference the part you need.
Yeah it is but that's what happens when you live in a rural area...but I much prefer this area to any city area. I thought about calling Courtesy but I didn't know if they'd want to help me find this part over the phone and take up their time....I may end up heading to the dealer. It'll be worth it as any ride in the Z is a good ride. Thanks for the help however.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Bedore

Okay guys, I was able to find the proper clip from Nissan and picked it up today and it went together nicely. I was also able to locate the missing bolt that sits in behind the door latch. However I am still missing 2 bolts that go in the arm rest under the power window switches. I have attached a couple photos. Can anyone help me locate the correct part numbers for these bolts? It appears they are missing on the passenger side too. I really enjoy spending time and money un-screwing someone else's screw up. I will never understand why people don't do things right. Must have been in a hurry to trade it in.
Attached Thumbnails Need help locating door panel clip...-img_2318.jpg   Need help locating door panel clip...-img_2383.jpg