Sponsored by:

Full interior LED replacement progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb Full interior LED replacement progress thread

Hello all.
I've been doing a lot of research about this vehicle and I'm to the place where I'm comfortable with beginning mods. I'll be doing all interior mods myself and engine mods with my stepdad and his father (mechanic, does a lot of import work esp on Nissans.)

I'll be updating this with the progress to my interior LED's. I don't like the look of the orange and think that it would look much better with blue. If anyone's been following, I'm planning on redoing my interior through Dark Dog Customs and replacing all red stitching and the red cloth/mesh of the NISMO seats with blue. All stock red stitched leather will be alcantara leather with blue stitching. I will be redoing all of the bumpy black surfaces as well as the roof in suede, and most of the interior parts will be CF wrapped (don't remember the name of the guy at the moment, he's down in GA with Mike@DDC.)
Abarclay had a similar job and I like the look, but I'll be putting quite a twist and getting a bit more done.
I'm also getting all of the interior silver pieces (door handes ext and int, AC *****, etc) painted. Most likely going with straight black unless I REALLY like the look from the hydro-dipping guys, but I don't want to have a look that's too much going on in the interior.

Anyway, to the LED job. I've been researching and have checked out just about every thread on this and the tech forums and I'm ready to get started. I have experience soldering but I'm looking for a refresher. I just purchased a solder kit to refresh myself so that my first job in a couple years isn't on a circuit board from my Z.
Amazon.com: Elenco AmeriKit Learn to Solder Kit: Toys & Games Amazon.com: Elenco AmeriKit Learn to Solder Kit: Toys & Games
^There's the link for anyone that's interested. I also have a tech at work certified in soldering military grade circuit boards, he'll be helping me to get back in the groove.

I'll post B/A pictures, there are already guides around for anyone that needs specifics, I have the links at home.

If anyone has photos or links that they'd like to share please post.

Last edited by SR71; 09-12-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: No solicitations allowed
Old 09-13-2014, 12:18 PM
DrummerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...onversion.html

Everything you need ^
In for pics and progress.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's actually the thread I've bookmarked at home! Thanks.