Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocket Bunny 350Z Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:45 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry to hear that, but its definitely good to know its repairable. Hope you're up and running again soon
Old 09-12-2015, 11:13 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjw4050
Couple pics
You do have to get this thing super low to eliminate wheel gap.

I'm either getting different coils or going air... Rear could use a spacer but other than that this thing came out awesome
That's prob ok for driving but need to be slammed to look good...
At which point its just a show queen....
Old 09-14-2015, 09:51 AM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by abarclay
Just heard from a friend that one RB is down. Hit a tire in the middle of the road and took off a good bit of the front bumper.
Ugh… I know that feeling too well. :face palm:

Name:  photocopy2_zps4392304f.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  image_zpsbedb625d.jpeg
Views: 811
Size:  85.5 KB
Old 09-14-2015, 07:06 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Hopefully OP doesn't mind me posting this for him since we are talking about it...
This was from Facebook:

Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

This is why you don't spend all your money on a body kit and wheels, turn it into a show car and then drive it on the street.

If you had function>form, you'd spend 100$ on a stock bumper and be off trolling again. Worst case scenario a new flea-bay intercooler or maybe a pipe or two and that's it. JFS
Old 09-15-2015, 06:59 AM
Cjw4050

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
This is why you don't spend all your money on a body kit and wheels, turn it into a show car and then drive it on the street.

If you had function>form, you'd spend 100$ on a stock bumper and be off trolling again. Worst case scenario a new flea-bay intercooler or maybe a pipe or two and that's it. JFS
Who are you to say what I should do with my car? Just cause I have expensive parts on my car I'm not allowed to drive it? I already have a new bumper on the way. **** happens. I still drive my car a lot. I hardly consider it a show car. It's not perfect by any means. I made it look how I wanted it to look on a small budget. I could care less what anyone else thinks.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cjw4050:
terrj (07-23-2016), WPPJR30 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 07:10 AM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

Yeah thinking somebody can't put a nice kit on their car and drive it is ignorant
Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Get her fixed homie & GL... Shizz does happen when ur out on the road dealing with the elements. I came very close to a nasty dear collision in the mountains near me @ midnight once when i had my S14 just hitting the curves...
Old 09-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Cjw4050

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Get her fixed homie & GL... Shizz does happen when ur out on the road dealing with the elements. I came very close to a nasty dear collision in the mountains near me @ midnight once when i had my S14 just hitting the curves...
Thanks brother,

I'm actually looking for a clean s14.
Once I'm tired of the z I want to build the rocket bunny s14. That thing is amazing looking.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 AM
CJM

Who are you to say what I should do with my car? Just cause I have expensive parts on my car I'm not allowed to drive it? I already have a new bumper on the way. **** happens. I still drive my car a lot. I hardly consider it a show car. It's not perfect by any means. I made it look how I wanted it to look on a small budget. I could care less what anyone else thinks.
This. He knew the risks associated with it and like he said. Stuff happens.

Rebuild and return to breaking necks.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Resmarted

Did you read what I said?

I didn't say YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

I said this is why you shouldn't.

Because you're a sitting duck at stop lights, a victim to parking lots, forced into debris on small roads, have to deal with potholes and speed bumps.

Then people wonder why all these cambered out cars end up getting totaled when they are basically stock power. They're not practical nor safe to drive on the road.

Hey if it gets your dick hard to spend what like... 8 grand on a rocket bunny kit now with paint and all that ****, and the car just drives like... A slammed out 350z with no tires. That's cool dude. I feel sorry that you got fuked on the road, but that's what happens. Cars get jacked up, crashed, **** on, scraped, banged. To me those are all reasons why making a car all pretty is just a lost cause. 10 minutes in the grocery store and you come back to like 5 grand in damage easily.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by CJM
This. He knew the risks associated with it and like he said. Stuff happens.

Rebuild and return to breaking necks.
I wouldn't have a problem with it if these cars weren't a goddamn traffic hazard.

It's the same as lifting a truck way into the sky in my book. Funny thing is "breaking necks" is also people thinking a car looks stupid, or cartoony. But hey, if that's how you want to spend your money fine.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:32 AM
CJM

His car isn't slammed to hell though and it's camber is negligible. Using his car as an example is a poor choice, however I agree with your main point.

Hope to see her back on the road soon OP.
The following users liked this post:
Cjw4050 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks brother,

I'm actually looking for a clean s14.
Once I'm tired of the z I want to build the rocket bunny s14. That thing is amazing looking.
Agreed although i don't like Zenki lights.. They sucked. I however do like the challenger ish looking conversion they have now. In a perfect world i would go back to a Zenki convert to a Kouki and 2J it all day long. Or to keep it simple and reasonable i would just do a S13 rocket bunny and 1j or 2j it. Eff me i have so many builds i would love to do.... I'm really wanting a FD as of late
Old 09-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Cjw4050

Did you read what I said?

I didn't say YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

I said this is why you shouldn't.

Because you're a sitting duck at stop lights, a victim to parking lots, forced into debris on small roads, have to deal with potholes and speed bumps.

Then people wonder why all these cambered out cars end up getting totaled when they are basically stock power. They're not practical nor safe to drive on the road.

Hey if it gets your dick hard to spend what like... 8 grand on a rocket bunny kit now with paint and all that ****, and the car just drives like... A slammed out 350z with no tires. That's cool dude. I feel sorry that you got fuked on the road, but that's what happens. Cars get jacked up, crashed, **** on, scraped, banged. To me those are all reasons why making a car all pretty is just a lost cause. 10 minutes in the grocery store and you come back to like 5 grand in damage easily.
My car is hardly cambered out or slammed at all. I don't even have aftermarket front control arms so the front camber is stock. the rear camber isn't even past 2.5 degrees. I'm on kw v1 coilovers which can't even be dropped into the "slammed category" My car is in the process of being put on air so getting around will be no problem. I fail to understand your logic. I shouldn't spend money on making my car look nice because it will get messed up? That's life dude crap happens but i'm still careful when i drive it. It's not like i came here complaining I hit a tire. I bought a new bumper and moved on. stuff breaks, fix it. I don't daily my z but i still drive it every chance I can.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:35 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

OP

he gets major toosh hurt when he thinks of all the go fast parts he can buy instead of changing the appearance via KIT RIM & SLAM

Last edited by jdmfetish; 09-15-2015 at 11:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cjw4050 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 12:01 PM
RyankPeck

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The point of a car is to drive it.. Modding it shouldn't change the fact that it's meant to be driven and doing mods should make you want to drive it more, if anything. What's the point of putting a kit on your car if it's just going to sit in your garage for you to look at? I see your point that you're up against the elements and bad drivers but to not drive your car in fear that something bad will happen is just ridiculous.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:07 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Vicious cycle

People see others riding low and think it's cool

They now want to be cool

They have no idea of the trouble it takes to be cool

They stop being cool , but while trying others are now infected with the "cool"
Old 09-15-2015, 01:46 PM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

8 grand on a rocket bunny kit now with paint and all that ****, and the car just drives like... A slammed out 350z with no tires. That's cool dude. I feel sorry that you got fuked on the road, but that's what happens. Cars get jacked up, crashed, **** on, scraped, banged. To me those are all reasons why making a car all pretty is just a lost cause. 10 minutes in the grocery store and you come back to like 5 grand in damage easily.
The front end of a stock-height 350Z would get crushed by a discarded tire on the road, as well. I don't quite understand the logic behind your statement. Are you saying that people should not aesthetically modify their Z's? Because of accidents that could happen to anyone or because of zealots who are envious of a nice-looking and/or modified car?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
The front end of a stock-height 350Z would get crushed by a discarded tire on the road, as well. I don't quite understand the logic behind your statement. Are you saying that people should not aesthetically modify their Z's? Because of accidents that could happen to anyone or because of zealots who are envious of a nice-looking and/or modified car?
There's a big difference between buying a nice kit and spending top dollar for this abomination and thats the point. Rocketbunny is hypemachine right now. And it looks like ***. There are pages of that general conclusion in this very thread

The difference between a stock bumper z and a rocket bunny bumper is quite large when you look at costs.

I'm not going to argue with stance or "jdm" fanboys. We fundamentally have different views.

I dont like asthetic modifications, purely because 9/10 its gaudy and ugly, expensive, social media over hyped and at the end of the day has the #1 purpose of getting heads to turn. To me it's just like those people who buy 458's that have no intention of ever pushing the car or tracking it. Or some fat guy who buys a harley, and procedes to stick on every chrome option in the catalogue. Stance, and stance related stuff is just squid *** **** that should have never left the highschool parking lot.

Its funny to me that even booodiee kit stance guys think harley guys are tools, when theyre really the harley guys of the import car market.

Last edited by Resmarted; 09-15-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Rocket Bunny 350Z Aero Kit