Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice: lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:16 PM
DTM323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice: lambo doors

I've been looking into the different options, and was just curious if anyone had first-hand experiece with any of the kits available. My biggest concern would be wind noise or moisture problems due to bad fitment and seals not matching up properly. Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
z-rexxx

Default lambo

I think there is a member here that started the whole lambo door thing i think its bigblack somthing or other....he never complained about it im in the process of ordering the set myself...how much did you find the kit for? just to make sure im looking at the right price. in the begining the kit came and you had to shave the body but now they have fine tuned it from what ive seen and heard, as far as moisture probs I have not a clue. check the socal forum see if you can find it.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Donald0730

I've heard of Lambo doors prices up in the thousands of dollars. Is it worth it?

Although, I did find a site that sells INSTRUCTIONS for about $40 to convert to Lambo doors. I think u have to buy the parts urself. They state that the parts will cost up to $500. Sounds like a deal.

http://www.supie.com
Old 02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
D@ActiveTuning

There shoudl be no problems with moisture, because I believe all the lambo door kits close just like a factory door. Basically the door opens like a regular door to a certain point, and then lifts up. This way it keeps the seal factory and there are no issues,
Old 02-09-2004, 10:50 PM
ThoughtZ

i just had them installed last week and if installed correctly the doors close like factory, no wind noise no nothing. in my opinion you can take your chance with the online kits and install it yourself or get people that know what their doing with the right kit ( decah in my case ). i don't know about you but after spending 33k on a car i'm not about to sell it short especially for such a nice mod. pm me if you have any other questions i can post pics tommorrow if you like
Old 02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures would be rice... I mean nice.

Seriously J/K, I think they are a very cool mod, im looking for peoples comments on them.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:56 PM
z-rexxx

Default check this out

Go to lambodoors.com it almost looks like there selling the kit for 49.99 maybe im crazy but it says " the kit with instructions for only 49.99" I emailed lambo and im awaiting an answer.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:33 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I want to buy them and have them put in during the summer. I have the money now but have been waiting for some deal somewhere. redline350z or something hasn't answered my pm's regarding the kit he's selling. www.carxs.com is popular. check out the z's they've done here: http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/decah-350z.html in the video section it shows bigbadblacktrack (or something like that)'s z
Old 02-10-2004, 06:31 PM
MySunset350Z

carxs is selling the kit for a cool 2000. it wasnt worth it specially since people had to constantly adjust it, and had to have the panels rolled.

BUT, if what you say is true about the problems being taken care of, then 2000 might be worth it.

if anyone bought it for less, please let us konw. im also looking into getting this, but not with all the probs its had.

thoughtz, did you have to cut/roll your panels for the kit to work right?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:09 PM
thackattk

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
carxs is selling the kit for a cool 2000. it wasnt worth it specially since people had to constantly adjust it, and had to have the panels rolled.

BUT, if what you say is true about the problems being taken care of, then 2000 might be worth it.

if anyone bought it for less, please let us konw. im also looking into getting this, but not with all the probs its had.

thoughtz, did you have to cut/roll your panels for the kit to work right?
I've had the carexcess doors on my car for approx 6 months and have not had to adjust them. Even if you do need an adjustment, it involves turning an adjustment screw which is very simple, at least on the decah(carexcess) version.
The only thing that will need to be done to your fenders is that they need to be trimmed so that the hinge will have room to operate. It's a simple process that takes about 5 to 10 minutes per fender and does nothing to structurally harm the car.
The main problem people have is letting people lift their doors when they don't know the proper technique. If you lift the door before opening it all the way, your door panel will bump your A-pillar and dent the door panel.
The best thing about the doors for the 350Z is that they open out far enough that you don't have to lift the doors if you don't want.
It's an impratical mod, but people love it. If you want to catch someone's attention, just lift the doors....Works every time.
I love the doors. It's one of the coolest visual mods you can get IMO.
Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:33 PM
z-rexxx

I agree it is impractical but ya know the chicks dig it lol well anyway im putting my Z in a show here in bfe georgia and ill be the only one with lambo doors if i can find a good price ...the cheapest ive found is about $1550 and I think you do have to shave alittle nothing to hurt your car but my question is what happens when you trade it in will the factory doors act and function the same?

Originally posted by thackattk
I've had the carexcess doors on my car for approx 6 months and have not had to adjust them. Even if you do need an adjustment, it involves turning an adjustment screw which is very simple, at least on the decah(carexcess) version.
The only thing that will need to be done to your fenders is that they need to be trimmed so that the hinge will have room to operate. It's a simple process that takes about 5 to 10 minutes per fender and does nothing to structurally harm the car.
The main problem people have is letting people lift their doors when they don't know the proper technique. If you lift the door before opening it all the way, your door panel will bump your A-pillar and dent the door panel.
The best thing about the doors for the 350Z is that they open out far enough that you don't have to lift the doors if you don't want.
It's an impratical mod, but people love it. If you want to catch someone's attention, just lift the doors....Works every time.
I love the doors. It's one of the coolest visual mods you can get IMO.
Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
EL Diablo

Mr Twisted's Z here in SoCal.
Those doors are sick.
Attached Thumbnails need advice: lambo doors-twisted.jpg  
Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Mr Twisted's Z here in SoCal.
Those doors are sick.

el diablo where did he get that kit from?

it isnt the carxs (decah) kit. the kit you get from carxs opens out more, and doesnt go up as far as the one in the pic you posted.

and info on that?

zrexxx, where did you find them for 1550? thats a pretty big difference in price.

thx for clearing some of that up thackattk.

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 02-10-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:41 AM
ThoughtZ

sorry for some reason i was alerted by email that there were replies to this. yeah i did have mine done at carxs as i'm in the area and i'll say it was worth the money. i also had the pleasure if meeting fellow forum reader thackattk and his yellow z of death. so far no issue except one tweaking but that's more so due to a moron cop then any fault of their's. i will post pictures this afternoon my cars dirty right now i'm embrasssed lol.

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
el diablo where did he get that kit from?

it isnt the carxs (decah) kit. the kit you get from carxs opens out more, and doesnt go up as far as the one in the pic you posted.

and info on that?

zrexxx, where did you find them for 1550? thats a pretty big difference in price.

thx for clearing some of that up thackattk.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:52 AM
touring

This is an eye catcher, but wonder how the hinges work in cold weather areas and are procedures for installing simple enough that the average body shop can install, I would be reluctant to install myself or to have someone with no experience do this.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM
ThoughtZ

Note a lot of the mods listed in my signature have not been applied to the car yet they are either in transit or waiting to be installed.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:09 PM
thackattk

Originally posted by z-rexxx
I agree it is impractical but ya know the chicks dig it lol well anyway im putting my Z in a show here in bfe georgia and ill be the only one with lambo doors if i can find a good price ...the cheapest ive found is about $1550 and I think you do have to shave alittle nothing to hurt your car but my question is what happens when you trade it in will the factory doors act and function the same?
Hey z-rexxx,

The carexcess hinge is a bolt on kit. You remove your stock hinges and put the lambo hinge in it's place. It is totally reversible if you want to sell your car, and the hinge could be re-sold.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:16 PM
thackattk

Originally posted by touring
This is an eye catcher, but wonder how the hinges work in cold weather areas and are procedures for installing simple enough that the average body shop can install, I would be reluctant to install myself or to have someone with no experience do this.
Depends on how cold. The shocks are gas pressurized and gases contract in cold weather. Potentially this could cause a problem with the doors not staying up as well, although I haven't heard of anyone having that problem. The 350Z doors are very light and use the light weight shock normally. If you did have a problem, there is a stronger shock that can be used.
Check out this Navigator:

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/decah-navigator.html

It is basically using the same hinge, modified differently, but uses the heavy duty shock.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
z-rexxx

oh I see thanks I recieved another email from lambo lol saying that the kit and the instructions are for sure 64.99 theres got to be a catch.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:07 PM
JPizzle

I went with the decah kit, and it's impressed me thus far

Quick Reply: need advice: lambo doors