Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stinvil93's widebody Stardast Japan Nismo Body 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Stinvil93

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stinvil93's widebody Stardast Japan Nismo Body 350z build

Hey guys I'm Alex 22 year old computer engineer in the making just starting my bachelors degree at the University of central florida I bought my 350z by myself at the age of 19 on December 12th 2012. I previously owned a 1986 turbo 300x as my first car at the age of 18. I can say this but at 18 I knew nothing about cars. all I knew was how to put gas into it and oil. that Z lasted only 6 months.Had I had the brain power I have now I could have fixed it in a jiffy. I sold it for more than I paid and saved a little on top and got myself a 350z.

fast forward to 2015 now I am very comfortable with working on Z's and my knowledge for pretty much all Z's is pretty strong. One day I looked at my Z and said its time for change I'm tired of the stock look. but obviously I planed to do it with class I am from Boston,MA. One day I was sifting through inter-webs and caught a glimpse of a Nismo 350z and was like dam oh dam where do I get that bumper. I currently live in florida and I was looking on eBay and the seller was in florida but about a good 3 hours drive away from where I. The price was decent and everything matched up in person wasn't a rep or nothing it was legit as legit can get came of an 08 red nismo 350z.

looking back at the Z while I drove my sisters monster truck of a car Nissan Murano on the way to pick up my Nismo bumper

Nismo bumper home =)

After getting the Nismo bumper I was like I need to upgrade my headlights to be on par with my new future look. I hit up a buddy of mine by the name of Dimitri T. (he has a crazy *** long name so I just put the T if he reads this he will understand haha) so I purchased a pair of 350z Depo headlights for $320 bones shipped to orlando florida where i later sent them off for modding. i got them back and loved the work and I wish i didn't cheap out and listen to dimitri the first time and go with a clean and nice RGB halo set up. i didn't think i would like it but dam oh dam does it look nice. one day i said let me see if I can do this modding of the headlight thing a try. next thing ya know I got 2 headlights done with the same exact RGB setup and took me about a day. now I have customers that I work on periodically. Shout out to brian(Another sick build and the reason I went stardast) for dealing with the 1000 questions I had and throwing some good advice my way. The depo headlights are a huge upgrade!

^^pic that made me jump ship and go from standard white to RGB halos for the added color options obviously no red or blue while driving haha.

I later went on to collect the entire rest of the OEM Nismo body from a vast amount resources and word of month and just asking around. So at this point I had the Nismo front bumper,rear,side skirts,spoiler. All paint removed.

Now I am sitting here looking at my pile of Nismo stuff and I'm like dam I need a hood that will compliment the front bumper and the overall look of the car especially the color(don't ask me haha) I will be going with in the future. So I went with the 350z 07-08 Seibon TS carbon fiber hood. The hood is really light and very clean. As of today it is still in the wrapper from the date that I bought it. I know what it looks like I took a peak but nothing that you see is on my car as of now until paint.

I plan to color match this hood and leave the vents carbon fiber and just a nice super shiny clear coat over them.

As far as the little things that count detail wise I will be using the 370z side blinker on my build vs the stock 350z dull emblem. I Kind of like the illuminated Z. looks nice similar to a BMW side blinker if that makes sense. So I bought a test fender and went to work to make sure I knew what I was doing.

Emblems are all brand new to replace the old ones and ready to go. I have my money for paint about 4 times over due to just procrastination and college priorities and stuff and I'm like ok time to paint my Z finally I can take a week and a half of work and come back to a beast of a Z. And then I saw this and my pants got tight. I could of had a basic yet sexy looking Nismo looking Z but now I will have myself a stardast Nismo bodied Z

Brian building a beast racecar over their in his thread and flashings pics on facebook to and I'm over here like ummmm me 2 haha.I finally picked up the stardast kit I'll post more pics of it when I get off from work later tonight or in the morning of it on the car propped up with tape. Felt like I should have some sort of log of how my Z came and where it will be in a few weeks. I will defiantly have to do some body work like cutting the fenders(no shet right lol) and some minor tweaking of the stardast fenders to get them to fit properly on the Nismo rear and front bumper. Wheels and tires will arrive after paint for sure. Should be fun time to get this Z party started ����.

Follow me on:
Instagram: Stinvil93
Facebook: Alex Stinvil

Last edited by Stinvil93; 07-28-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Stinvil93

Already placed my order for my TiBurtn Automotive fastners a few hours ago. Titanium bolts defiantly have a wow factor up close and look good overall vs the other options for fastening fenders like lowes/homedepot drywall screws which looks crazy in my opinion haha. I'll be using a nursert tool/poprivit gun to tac on these so the install will be clean and simple. Small detail but worth it. Pics of the test fit for the stardast against the Nismo front bumper first in the morning. The stardast kit was ment to fit over the OEM non-Nismo Z bumpers perfectly so their will be sum slight modifications needed to get it right but not a problem when you have a Dremel and time to kill. Pics in the AM. ✌️

Old 06-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Stinvil93

Just a shot of the fender when I first brought it home. About a week ago!!! 🙌 😁

Video of the fender cutting will be posted when it happens. Will be doing most of not all body work also will be doing or attempting the rear wiper delete if you Gus have any segestions let me know. I want it to look as if it was never their. Will have to wipe the spray nozzle. That's the easy part. But any info would be good. I'm a few weeks out before paint. Need to get that good old vacation time from work approved and I'll be all set. Any input is noted.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:35 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Quality build. Subd!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:45 AM
i heart ricers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both of those wings are badass !!!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:09 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

were in Florida are you

looks nice

great job

though i think it should be at least 1" lower front and rear

Last edited by jdmfetish; 06-18-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Stinvil93

Test fitted the rear and front portions of the fender and it sits nicely on the car. Will obviously have to cut my fenders for them to be flush with the body panels.

Pic of the rear stardast fender. These stock wheels will not be on the car when done so no worries haha. The wheel to fender ratio is nasty once one adds the stardast fenders. So my new wheels will defiantly need to be pushed out.

I will be cutting about an 1inch of fender off like so

^^^1 inch exactly from this curved line or arch in the front and back of the car will have so sumwhat go into the front and rear bumpers also to clear the rear vent piece and the front bumper piece. More pics as I continue the build more pics of the get fit later. And thanks for following the build caint wait to get the Z done haha.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Stinvil93

In in Orlando Florida part of the Central Florida Z Club. And the new wheels will be 19's and much wider tires so try to imagine the car on 19's for now lol. Car is also on eibach springs which will be ditched for BC or stance coilovers. Either or are fine on how I plan to ride my Z. No crazy retarded sideways camber. want all my tire tread on the ground.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:23 PM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

cool
i am in WPB

looks good
Old 06-18-2015, 05:16 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow how much have you spent on parts so far?
Old 06-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I like where this is headed. Keep it up
Old 06-19-2015, 03:37 AM
Stinvil93

Oh nice Ive been out to wpb a few times nice place. I'll def be seeing you if you head to any CFZC meets or any big meets in general. If I'm not working I'll go for sure. As of cost wise for my entire build. No real tab was kept on my spending for the entire build but I can roughly say close to 4k if not more. Then 4.5k. These fender flares alone are a 1.8k deal. My OEM Nismo body I got for misc. prices due to a lot of searching, smooth talking and smart negotiating lol. And thanks I will be posting stuff periodiclally to keep any1 following the build updated.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Stinvil93

Some people have been asking me for pics of the front fender flare. I have a quick pick of it mocked up on my what I call "test fender" that I bought for $15 bucks awhile back to attempt the 370z turn signal/emblem install. Ok build wise I just need to also mock up a place for the 370z fog light. I want to place it so it looks natural in the back of the Nismo rear bumper. No chop shop work. Clean and subtle. It will most likely be centered underneath the line where the 2 mesh inserts meet. After that once the bolts are in I am ready to rock and start chopping at the Z. *Evo-R led 370z rear fog light on the way* didn't know they had them in red again.

Last edited by SR71; 06-22-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: No solicitations
Old 06-22-2015, 10:08 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

looking good so far! keep up the good work and post pics
Old 06-23-2015, 06:25 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Everything looks great.....but I don't get your thought process on the 370Z back-up light?!?

SO you are going to fill the Nismo rear 350 back-up lights and install the 370Z one?

Plz explain.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Godfoot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good so far!! Can't wait to see the flares on the car!!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:27 AM
Stinvil93

I will be placing the 370z evo-R fog light on my Nismo rear bumper underneath the line where the two mesh insets meet on the very bottom of the bumper. It will look OEM as I will be molding on the finishing face cover for the fog light from the 2014-2015 370z to my Nismo bumper for a natural OEM look. Will be using the bracket also to keep in it place firmly. Should look real nice next to my tomei exhaust set up that will come later need to ditch my Borla exhaust haha.

Also another teaser pic haha. The very front and rear pieces have to be modifed (cut) to some degree to fit the Nismo front and rear bumper seamlessly. More info on the issue at a later time. Doing a wheel fitment test very very soon.

I may or may not cover up these corner pieces just due to the fact that I have functional and nice led corner pieces for this bumper in my original plan before the move to stardast. I will see how it looks once everything is actually on car. Waiting on the last of the final parts needed to come in. Pic of led corner below.

Last edited by Stinvil93; 06-24-2015 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Godfoot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see the dilemma with that. Fill over the holes and lose the LED side lights, or modify those beautiful flares.... UGH hard choices.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:17 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Love it, Stinvil !

Is your buddy's last name
Tsitsilianos by chance haha

Keep up the good work.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

As Godfoot says ditch the LEDS and fill the gap or somehow incorporate them to be functioning air ducts..

Quick Reply: Stinvil93's widebody Stardast Japan Nismo Body 350z build