Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:07 PM
cairo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight wiring harness

Does anyone know where I might be able to order a oem headlight wiring harness, haven't been able to find one online. I've been having issues with the passenger low beam going through bulbs pretty fast so I'm guessing theres something fried in the wiring. Sometimes the light turns on and sometimes it doesn't. If I knock on the headlight it usually turns on. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:12 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Did you take it apart to have a look, or are you just guessing? I can't imagine how a wiring harness can do anything to burn out bulbs. Buying cheap Chinese bulbs?
Old 10-18-2016, 11:57 PM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Just like how I said to nshelton6506 when he was having issues with his headlight wiring. I suggest you get a multimeter and check that the plug is supplying 12v to the ballast. I would also guess that it's not an issue with your wiring harness because as you said, "If I knock on the headlight it usually turns on." If you're not using $3 Chinese bulbs with a $5 Chinese ballast it would leave me to believe it's an issue with your ballast or the connections inside the headlight assembly.

Either way I highly recommend getting a multimeter and verify that everything is getting proper 12v power. A good multimeter is only $20 - $30 from home depot or lowes.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:22 AM
cairo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I'll give it a try, the bulbs I get are usually from autozone or oreillys. The ones I currently have in are HID's from autozone lol.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:42 AM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not sure as to what brand they sell at autozone or o'reillys but I'd recommend getting Morimoto HID's or Phillips. I'm not sure what year your Z is but the D2S Morimoto's will run you about $50 for the set of two and come in 4500K, 5500K, and 6500K.

So after verifying that the power is all good and there's no issues with the wiring that goes to the ballast. I'd change the bulbs to good quality bulbs. If it still doesn't work then I'd change out the ballasts.

A good place to get parts is The Retrofit Source or just Amazon.

Best of luck!
Old 10-24-2016, 01:23 AM
mcubed45

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The matsushita ballasts are kinda picky bulbs. Generally Phillips or Osram is what you need. TheRetrofitSource says the Morimoto bulbs work fine with them too.