Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Carbon Fiber Flat Bottom Steering Wheel for 350's and few others

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:50 PM
RedlineHR

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, That's just sick... Looks like a $2k wheel!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:28 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

he sells this version for 950.00, and the airbag uph ran me about 300.. so yeah, def not cheap.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:33 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys I could really use your opinions on this situation I'm in.So I bought myself one of these steering wheels from VQvortex.
My issue is that on the flat bottom there is some unevenness .Also the cf at the 2 o'clock hand position Is thicker than the other side.Originally the cf trim panels for the steering wheel controls had large gaps but they sent me a new set which helped with the gap.
So my question is am I being too fussy or should I sent it back and have them make me a new one?.

If you look closely at the bottom you'll notice that the lower right side actually droops more than the left side.Also Right above I can fit 3 fingers in the grooves on the left side but only 2 1/2 on the other

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 02-20-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NissanZcrazy
Hey guys I could really use your opinions on this situation I'm in.So I bought myself one of these steering wheels for VQvortex.
My issue is that on the flat bottom there is some unevenness .Also the cf at the 2 o'clock hand position Is thicker than the other side.Originally the cf trim panels for the steering wheel controls had large gaps but they sent me a new set which helped with the gap.
So my question is am I being too fussy or should I sent it back and have them make me a new one?.

If you look closely at the bottom you'll notice that the lower right side actually droops more than the left side.Also Right above I can fit 3 fingers in the grooves on the left side but only 2 1/2 on the other
They are modified by hand they aren't going to be absolutely perfect Especially at the super low price we are paying.. If you went the usual route, wheels like this are 1200-2000 dollars .
Old 02-20-2018, 04:24 PM
NissanZcrazy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.alibab...561772930.html
I didn't go this route because I wanted to go through a trust d company

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 02-20-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

I'm not sure what that link is meant to mean by itself .
Old 02-20-2018, 05:18 PM
NissanZcrazy

Sorry about that guess I should have explained.So I jumping to the conclusion that all they do is have these people in China make these wheels for $200-$300 USD and then they turn around and sell them for $599 USD.Now I need to make this very clear.They have been quite cooperative with me and have offered to make me a new wheel if I'm really that unhappy with the one they've given me.I completely understand that these are hand made wheels and I don't expect perfection, but all the other wheels I've looked at in this thread don't appear to have the same droop son the lower right that mine does
Old 02-20-2018, 11:16 PM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

If you're not happy with it now then you're not gonna be happy with it later. You're gonna notice those things every time you get in the car and and it'll bug you more and more.
Imho you have 2 options, either return it and ask for a new one or return and ask for a refund and buy something else.

As Brian said every time you buy something hand made there's risk involved, unless you pay waayyy more than we did.
But it looks crooked even in the pictures so if I were you I'd give them another chance because the wheel is darn sweet.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 AM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Just for the thread here's my wheel installed:

Old 02-21-2018, 03:29 PM
NissanZcrazy

Originally Posted by The Swede
If you're not happy with it now then you're not gonna be happy with it later. You're gonna notice those things every time you get in the car and and it'll bug you more and more.
Imho you have 2 options, either return it and ask for a new one or return and ask for a refund and buy something else.

As Brian said every time you buy something hand made there's risk involved, unless you pay waayyy more than we did.
But it looks crooked even in the pictures so if I were you I'd give them another chance because the wheel is darn sweet.
I absolutely want to have one of these in my Z,The bottom looks even worse in person.Sucks I'll have to wait another month or so but hopefully the second one is straight.I already bought the matching shift
**** from them too lol.Wish they made a spoiler for the Z like they do for the G35 on there site
Old 02-23-2018, 10:00 AM
RedlineHR

Originally Posted by NissanZcrazy
Hey guys I could really use your opinions on this situation I'm in.So I bought myself one of these steering wheels from VQvortex.
I'm pretty picky about thees things, but I can't see what you are talking about on the bottom. even after looking. with regard to seeing the white by the controls, I'd just pull the controls and take a black sharpie to the area, then reinstall and call it done. But if it really bugs you, get a new one. You've got to be happy with your purchase...
Old 02-23-2018, 10:03 AM
RedlineHR

while we are on the subject, can anyone suggest a good way to clean the perforated leather?

Mine started nice and matte with a grippy feeling to it, but after using it for 6 months, it's getting a little shiny and slippery - I think from oils in my hands. not bad, mind you - I still LOVE it.

This would be the case with any wheel, but what are your cleaning and care tips?
Old 02-23-2018, 01:19 PM
coop3422

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I checked the link in the first post, and thought it looked meh. They when I saw the OP's install including the black trim, looks damn good!

Originally Posted by Steelcyclone
Got mine today and installed it right after work.

Damn, that screen looks amazing in the Z. Time to go look at your build thread lol.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Tomek350Z

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone had issues with communication? i have purchased a wheel from them and have emailed them 3 times for an update. Still no response. I ordered it about a month ago now...
Old 03-20-2018, 06:22 PM
DarkZ03

Received 487 Likes on 407 Posts

I did ask for a quote and they never got back to me so I took that as a sign to not do business with them.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:04 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
anyone had issues with communication? i have purchased a wheel from them and have emailed them 3 times for an update. Still no response. I ordered it about a month ago now...
says 3-5 weeks delivery

has a telephone #

so..... you call ?
Old 04-04-2018, 07:30 PM
OKCIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on any recently purchased wheels? I was trying to buy one just now and it wouldn't let me put it in the shopping cart....
Old 06-08-2018, 04:08 PM
djnekkon

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCIS
Any updates on any recently purchased wheels? I was trying to buy one just now and it wouldn't let me put it in the shopping cart....

I texted them tru FB yesterday, he responded me in minutes. I told him that ia am a member from here. Asked about the core and he took his time to explain the deal to me. I placed my order this morning. They take PayPal, so if you dont trust them at least you can make PayPal get your money back if anything happen.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Hudson Nobre

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I made the purchase of a unit on 04/02/2018.
I always show interest in the product. I tried contacting and not responding except once by phone after trying several times and a reply to dispute on paypal which asked me for a new two week period that I gave. However, at the end of the new deadline after I have tried to contact either by phone or by unsuccessful paypal dispute, vqvortex returns the money without any explanation. Total disrespect with the customer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hudson Nobre:
djnekkon (07-01-2018), jdmfetish (06-09-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Onkar02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine on March 29th and received it on May 16th... so it does take a while. You receive little to no communication between the order date and delivery. I had to reach out multiple times via email and the phone provided on the website before getting a single response from Hasan (He is a super nice guy once you do get a hold of him). BUT, when the product did come in I was very happy with the result. The wheel is much heavier and thicker but I have no issue with that.

I went with the NISMO look, you aren't constrained to the options given on the website in terms of how you want the wheel to look. You can call and change around the order to your preference within a reasonable time of putting the order in.

As long as you check in every couple weeks everything should be good!

Last edited by Onkar02; 06-19-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Brand New Carbon Fiber Flat Bottom Steering Wheel for 350's and few others