Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 OEM HID headlight replacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:26 AM
Daron Chambers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 OEM HID headlight replacement ?

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the headlight housings with OEM ones on a 2003 touring model? I may just buy aftermarket ones but I'd like to see what I could find for the OEM headlights. Mainly wondering the best place to buy these and how much they are going to run. Stock ones are fine just pretty fogged over . I had them "restored" at a local place and it lasted maybe a month before they looked like crap again.

Last edited by Daron Chambers; 04-06-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:43 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,263 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Daron Chambers
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the headlight housings with OEM ones on a 2003 touring model? I may just buy aftermarket ones but I'd like to see what I could find for the OEM headlights. Mainly wondering the best place to buy these and how much they are going to run. Stock ones are fine just pretty fogged over . I had them "restored" at a local place and it lasted maybe a month before they looked like crap again.
If you can buy OEM, they're not exactly cheap but waaaayyyy cheaper than buying the '06+ Bi-Xenons. Check courtesyparts.com for OEM.

As an alternative, consider the best grade replacement headlights from Depo.

Careful if they're not the Depo brand, there are a lot of cheap copies out there that get less than stellar reviews (although there are a fair number of people satisfied with them.... I just err on the side of "safe decision".)
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
If you can buy OEM, they're not exactly cheap but waaaayyyy cheaper than buying the '06+ Bi-Xenons. Check courtesyparts.com for OEM.

As an alternative, consider the best grade replacement headlights from Depo.

Careful if they're not the Depo brand, there are a lot of cheap copies out there that get less than stellar reviews (although there are a fair number of people satisfied with them.... I just err on the side of "safe decision".)
Second this, a lot of the cheaper places with have the clear finish lift off of the housing after only a year or two. Had to pay a shop to professionally sand & re-spray the housings to make them last longer.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:48 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Depo or OEM '07> Bi-xenon's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-BI-XENO...5SA-Le&vxp=mtr

Be sure to search for, and read carefully, the other threads about installing these, so you fully understand the wiring involved and the additional parts which may be needed.